Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Buffalo, Wed 7:30pm on SN

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
In this disaster of a season, Chabot has been such a bright spot. His game still need some work in a few areas but he's been steadily improving every game. I think he could hit 40 pts next year with improved defensive play.

This post is all too familiar. Not to compare Chabot to past players who have come up through the organization but there’s a number of defensmen I can think of that things like this have been said about after a rookie year. It would be fun to look at the things said about Ceci after his rookie year. I wouldn’t dare do the same for Rundblad and Wiercioch though.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
In this disaster of a season, Chabot has been such a bright spot. His game still need some work in a few areas but he's been steadily improving every game. I think he could hit 40 pts next year with improved defensive play.

With all the draft talk regarding Dahlin being a generational defenceman Chabot looks like he could be an elite defenceman as well. I'm not that concerned with winning the lottery, I just hope we get one of the three good forwards in Svechnikov, Sadina or Tkachuk. Ottawa seems to have three very good LD in Chabot, Wolanin & Lajoie.

Danny Taylor doesn't even get a Sportsnet graphic, just a HockeyDb.com screen shot. Poor guy.
Listening to that blurb on Taylor reminded me of how many times Ottawa has had clips like that this yr. Just off the top of my head the Sens have given numerous older career minor league guys an opportunity this yr in Dido, Dumont, Sexton, Burgdoerfer, Taylor, JOB & Blunden & none have stuck.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This post is all too familiar. Not to compare Chabot to past players who have come up through the organization but there’s a number of defensmen I can think of that things like this have been said about after a rookie year. It would be fun to look at the things said about Ceci after his rookie year. I wouldn’t dare do the same for Rundblad and Wiercioch though.
None of those guys were as good as Chabot these past two years in their development and most importantly none of them were even close to being the caliber of skater Chabot is. He's well on his way to being a top D. We can't seriously hold his success against him in his rookie year. That's crazy.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Will be pretty tough to keep him unless Karlsson and Duchene are gone. Will be due a huge raise as an UFA at the same time.

Why do you think so?? Dzingle would most likely accept a bridge deal with limited term. I get that our organization is cheap but I doubt keeping dzingle hinges on Karl or Duchene status. He is an ideal compliment to our top 6 but I doubt he asks for anything unreasonable based on a single season of success. I don't see his market value so high that he is a flight risk. This time last year everyone thought he had no finish.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
None of those guys were as good as Chabot these past two years in their development and most importantly none of them were even close to being the caliber of skater Chabot is. He's well on his way to being a top D. We can't seriously hold his success against him in his rookie year. That's crazy.
Exactly... have to have something to celebrate as well imo

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
What?? Dzingle would most likely accept a bridge deal with limited term. I get that our organization is cheap but I doubt keeping dzingle hinges on Karl or Duchene status. He is an ideal compliment to our top 6 but I doubt he asks for anything unreasonable based on a single season of success. I don't see his market value so high that he is a flight risk. This time last year everyone thought he had no finish.
I don't think you know what a bridge deal is.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Man you are so right. I bet he signs 7 years at 5 million...Bridge deal makes sense in his situation. Tell me why it doesn't?
Because the concept of the bridge deal does not apply to an unrestricted free agent. Its a term used for players who still have restricted years left.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Because the concept of the bridge deal does not apply to an unrestricted free agent. Its a term used for players who still have restricted years left.

Is there an actual definition of bridge deal that I can look into? My understanding of a bridge deal was that it was a shorter term deal for players coming off their ELC before signing a long term deal at big money.

My point being that Dzingle doesn't seem all that difficult to retain at a relatively low risk contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad