Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Buffalo, Wed 7:30pm on SN

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Haven't looked at the standing but I would imagine Boston and Pittsburgh are still playing for home ice advantage.

Hoped for a loss today but knew it was unlikely. Boy is buffalo bad.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
You are correct he has played 3 NHL games 1 for LA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
and 2 for Calgary
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So apparently of all d men with over 500 event strength minutes ceci ranks dead last in Shots against per 60 minutes of ice time. Dead. Last.

Reactions: Beville

Emerica

May 29, 2010
So apparently of all d men with over 500 event strength minutes ceci ranks dead last in Shots against per 60 minutes of ice time. Dead. Last.

DZ_TVkIW0AAN4aB

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Here's my weak attempt at decrypting this Rorschach blotch: when Ceci is on the ice there's an excess (i.e., above average) number of shots coming from the point on Ceci's side (on both sides actually), which could possibly be blamed on forwards playing too low in Boucher's system. A lot of excess shots actually come from the other side, especially right in front of the net, which could then be mostly blamed on whoever is Ceci's partner?

Still, it's crazy that for a defenseman on a "shutdown" pairing we'd see such an excess of shots from right in front of the net. Just to trigger Burrowsaurus, there could be an explanation in the quality of the competition.

But I imagine that with a better defenseman, or a better defensive system, we'd see more blue than red on his side too...

Please feel free to correct my understanding of the chart!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well the sens are the only team in the NHL that plays a system where they allow the opposition to have the puck as a strategy. It was gonna be one of the d men on this team. There are alot of bad ones but Ceci gets the hardest matchups so I'm not surprised it's him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It was tough to turn in a worse season than Burrows, but Smith was clearly up for the challenge. He wins my Most Useless Player Award, a crowded category this year...
Burrows embarrassing suspension then icing the win in the most important game of the season did it for me. But that's only be default because Oduya was waived. Holy hell Oduya was terrible, Smith has also been spectacularirly bad but he did have some moments he was useful. I never saw those moments with Burrows.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Was at the game with a few friends holding up gigantic "#MELNYKOUT" and "KEEP KARLSSON" posters after every Ottawa goal. We were on the penalty box side so probably didn't get shown on TV though. Buffalo fans are some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Was at the game with a few friends holding up gigantic "#MELNYKOUT" and "KEEP KARLSSON" posters after every Ottawa goal. We were on the penalty box side so probably didn't get shown on TV though. Buffalo fans are some of the nicest people I've ever met.
Saw lots of Sens jerseys in the stands yesterday. Seemed like there were lots of us there last night

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Well the sens are the only team in the NHL that plays a system where they allow the opposition to have the puck as a strategy. It was gonna be one of the d men on this team. There are alot of bad ones but Ceci gets the hardest matchups so I'm not surprised it's him.

“Well the sens are the only team in the NHL that plays a system where they allow the opposition to have the puck as a strategy.”

LOL... that was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!! :)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
dead last though in the entire league... we aren't the only team playing a defensive system and he isn't the only guy playing against other really good players.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

Well it is logic ! If you want to lower your giveaways.. Then you simply need to never have to puck. You cannot give to puck away if you don't have it. If you want to do more takeaway, you need to opposition to have the puck to take it out from them.. Give them right back for another takeaway try.
We also need Boro to get his hit.. So it's better if they have th puck.

upload_2018-4-5_9-37-44.png

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->