WC: Team Canada 2024

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
As a neutral fan, I wanted to see a strong Canada. I'm disappointed, the current squad is a little stronger than last year's. I hope that Barzal and Horvath will agree to join the national team, without them reaching the finals will be a miracle considering the composition of Sweden and the USA.

Reactions: krutais23

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
7 F out of top 45 F Canada's available players by PPG are there, yikes
Two way hockey to be played, keep after them and grind things out.

As a neutral fan, I wanted to see a strong Canada. I'm disappointed, the current squad is a little stronger than last year's. I hope that Barzal and Horvath will agree to join the national team, without them reaching the finals will be a miracle considering the composition of Sweden and the USA.
You think so eh?

krutais23

May 1, 2023
I think they are missing an experienced C, like Crosby or Giroux for example

Two way hockey to be played, keep after them and grind things out.

You think so eh?
I get that the 4th liners don't need top scoring abilities, I am saying it would not be bad if in the Top 9 were more ''bubble'' players

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I know he will be he 13th forward but I wonder if Celebrini can show well enough to at least be some sort of factor on this team?

That's probably asking a lot.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
No Crosby :(

But I think it’s the most talented team we’ve sent in the last 3 years. One year Mangi was by far our best forward, and now he’ll be a solid player on the second line.

Love that we got Severson, that’s a solid add on the blue line.

Agreed, this is a pretty notable improvement over the past three years where Canada had already won two golds and one silver. I'm almost certain they will add one, if not two more players that are of pretty good calibre, they always tend to do this.

Reactions: therealdeal

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
4 centers will look like this ?
Pretty danm young center line

Bedard
Cozen
Fantilli
Celebrini

Reactions: Czechboy

Jimmy71

Apr 2, 2022
I know he will be he 13th forward but I wonder if Celebrini can show well enough to at least be some sort of factor on this team?

That's probably asking a lot.
I really think he will be playing a bigger role than the 13th forward as the tournament goes on

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
The D is very underrated and beautiful IMO. Guhle looks to be a future star. Power has experience and is awesome. Parayko is a manbeast. Byram could use the reps at this level and has won a cup (I think).

Forwards are young and explosive.

Binnington, arguably, is the best goalie here.. cup champion, pissy and unlikeable.. perfect! Can't wait till we whistle him.lol

I really like the team. Hoping to hear Sid and Doughty are joining though!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I really think he will be playing a bigger role than the 13th forward as the tournament goes on
That would be pretty nice.

I normally don't like taking guys this young unless they are of the Mcdavid/Crosby tier player but Celebrini is real talented and has a head on his shoulders for playing both ends of the ice which is rare for offensive star kids.

We'll see.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The D is very underrated and beautiful IMO. Guhle looks to be a future star. Power has experience and is awesome. Parayko is a manbeast. Byram could use the reps at this level and has won a cup (I think).

Forwards are young and explosive.

Binnington, arguably, is the best goalie here.. cup champion, pissy and unlikeable.. perfect! Can't wait till we whistle him.lol

I really like the team. Hoping to hear Sid and Doughty are joining though!
I think the D looks quite good!! Will we get the good or bad Binnington? like you mentioned in another thread.....the days of Roy,Brodeur Hasek decade of dominance seems to be over in the NHL at the moment, it's more about playing good defense in front of them and riding a hot one and you never know who the hot one will be at any given time.

offense, there is goal scoring options there, need a good working p.p with Bedard doing his thing and have scoring spread out among all four lines.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I think the D looks quite good!! Will we get the good or bad Binnington? like you mentioned in another thread.....the days of Roy,Brodeur Hasek decade of dominance seems to be over in the NHL at the moment, it's more about playing good defense in front of them and riding a hot one and you never know who the hot one will be at any given time.

offense, there is goal scoring options there, need a good working p.p with Bedard doing his thing and have scoring spread out among all four lines.
Magiapane is a proven scorer here. I'm curious what fantilli does.. seems like the perfect .ppg breakout candidate. I expect Bedard to burn down villages. Celebrine is young but we shall see. I'd say it is a 3 horse race for gold.

Now that I've typed that. Expect Latvia, Switzerland, Germany, Slovakia or Finland to win the gold.lol

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
What we can take from this is that not one single player from the teams in playoff is there. And with only 14 forwards, there will be two more which hopefully comes from those teams.

With fex Barzal as 1C it will be a lot better already.

And all seven backs was the ones we already knew about. So, lets hope for Barzal (Horvat) and Doughty.

Reactions: jj cale

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
McCANN - COZENS - BEDARD
MANGIAPANE - FANTILLI - BUNTING
MERCER - McBAIN - GUENTHER
TANEV - GREIG - CELEBRINI

BYRAM - PARAYKO
POWER - GUHLE
SEVERSON - ZELLWEGER
OLEKSIAK

BINNINGTON
HOFER
DAWS

As it stands pr now.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Magiapane is a proven scorer here. I'm curious what fantilli does.. seems like the perfect .ppg breakout candidate. I expect Bedard to burn down villages. Celebrine is young but we shall see. I'd say it is a 3 horse race for gold.

Now that I've typed that. Expect Latvia, Switzerland, Germany, Slovakia or Finland to win the gold.lol
This is going to be a good tournament this year, there are going to be some different storylines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad