Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Buffalo, Wed 7:30pm on SN

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Is there an actual definition of bridge deal that I can look into? My understanding of a bridge deal was that it was a shorter term deal for players coming off their ELC before signing a long term deal at big money.

My point being that Dzingle doesn't seem all that difficult to retain at a low risk contract.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Are you under the impression Dzingel is on his ELC? When he signs an UFA contract next July he'll be on his 4th NHL contract.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Is there an actual definition of bridge deal that I can look into? My understanding of a bridge deal was that it was a shorter term deal for players coming off their ELC before signing a long term deal at big money.

My point being that Dzingle doesn't seem all that difficult to retain at a relatively low risk contract.

A bridge deal typically refers to a deal that starts and ends in RFA status i.e a deal where the player remains under team control even after their contract expires. Dzingel, meanwhile, will be a UFA at the end of his current contract.

As for retaining Dzingel at a relatively low-risk contract, that was pretty much what happened with his last deal. If Dzingel keeps his play up, he will get a big contract. He has come such a long way but I think he will command more than we should commit, unfortunately. I would love to be wrong because Dzingel has become the player I always hoped he would become, but never expected.

Reactions: Mr Hat

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Are you under the impression Dzingel is on his ELC? When he signs an UFA contract next July he'll be on his 4th NHL contract.

I did have his contact situation confused. I see what you mean now, it was a poor choice of words on my part.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Expected a Sens win, Sportsbucks looking good with the 1.30 payout.
We're going to pass MTL or ARI. MTL will lose to Toronto Saturday, we're probably going to beat one or both of PIT and BOS. Hope I'm wrong though. Really, really hope I'm wrong.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
We're going to pass MTL or ARI. MTL will lose to Toronto Saturday, we're probably going to beat one or both of PIT and BOS. Hope I'm wrong though. Really, really hope I'm wrong.

That’s some killer confidence thinking we’re gonna beat Pitt or Boston. I just don’t see that happening. At all.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Montreal gets a pt in Detroit and goes to 70. Sens don't get more than 2 pts out of PIT and Boston and finish 30th

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017

Bright side is PIT and BOS both have something to play for. PIT is playing for home ice and the Bruins can still win the division, might be motivated to play Philly instead on Toronto in the first round. Plus the Sens will probably put out the pride of Plymouth, England for one of those games so.... sorry to Danny Taylor but winning both (I hope) is not likely.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Buffalo mastering the tank, hope it doesnt work again for them. Romanuk calling #78 Shoplick for awhile was funny. Thought Danny Taylor looked like Tom Bradys younger bro. Not too bad an effort for a nothingburger game i guess.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bright side is PIT and BOS both have something to play for. PIT is playing for home ice and the Bruins can still win the division, might be motivated to play Philly instead on Toronto in the first round. Plus the Sens will probably put out the pride of Plymouth, England for one of those games so.... sorry to Danny Taylor but winning both (I hope) is not likely.

As some one who was born and brought up in Plymouth, I am very proud that Danny Taylor will be making his NHL debut, and i will be telling people about him and writing to the Plymouth newspapers.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
As some one who was born and brought up in Plymouth, I am very proud that Danny Taylor will be making his NHL debut, and i will be telling people about him and writing to the Plymouth newspapers.

I may be wrong, but he's played games with the Kings and Flames. Nevertheless, I hope he gets one of those games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad