Post-Game Talk: Sens fall to the Fishermen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Karlsson is great offensively. That's a silver lining. That said he should be glued to the hip with Methot because nobody else can cover for him on this team.

We need to pick up someone like Ehrhoff and limit the icetime or eliminate the ice-time of Cowen. Gryba has actually been pretty solid.

Methot - Karlsson
Ehrhoff - Gryba

That would solve some issues.

As much of a fan I am of Ehrhoff (Or at least I used to be), I don't want a thing to do with his contract. Not that it's bad or anything, but I think money can be spent better (Ceci please)

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Meanwhile, Conacher continues to suck and Bishop is having a Vezina type start to the season

Hated the trade at the time and hate it even more now. He doesnt have the skill to make up for how small and soft he is
Yeah Bish would've looked great there with Spezza.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
everybody flamed me last week when I said palrus should start coaching for D

the problem is obvious
no all stars last year and we finish second in GAA
everybody healthy and we let godzillions shots every game

plzzzz paulrus tighten the D!!!!!!

Cannot play that style with spezza as the #1 C.

Meanwhile, Conacher continues to suck and Bishop is having a Vezina type start to the season

Hated the trade at the time and hate it even more now. He doesnt have the skill to make up for how small and soft he is

Soft, not enough skill? :laugh:

People will see what they want to see.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
AJ giving a spirited defense of Cowen

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As much of a fan I am of Ehrhoff (Or at least I used to be), I don't want a thing to do with his contract. Not that it's bad or anything, but I think money can be spent better (Ceci please)

Have you actually looked at his contract? It's actually a very reasonable contract if not a steal of one.

John Holmes*

Yeah good idea since we have no 1st.

I think Cowen needs to go to Bingo. He is terrible. If he can't get sent down he should sit. I'd rather watch JOB on defense.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
@ian_mendes: Robin Lehner has faced 50 shots three times in his young career. That's more than all other goalies in Sens franchise history combined.

LOL

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
For those that are still protecting Philips, well, as others have said, he simply sucks right now. Cowen and Wiercoerch suck too, but they are still young, and it was not their fault that they were forced to play top 4 minutes.

For the record, Karlsson's defensive game sucks too. At times, he doesn't seem to be all there for some reason, like daydreaming or something back there, and losing guys all night long.

If you can't sit Philips, then at least get someone that plays better, and sit Cowen for a bit. This is enough, must win on Sunday..

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
@ian_mendes: Robin Lehner has faced 50 shots three times in his young career. That's more than all other goalies in Sens franchise history combined.

LOL

That to me is the stat that demonstrates how bad our team is the most. We are one of, if not the most, easiest teams to play against right now.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Gryba-Cowen is probably the worst pairing in hockey.

They were on the ice for just a shade under 50% of the Isles shot attempts tonight. Seems they were matched up against the Tavares line and got totally destroyed.

Complete liability.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
They were on the ice for just a shade under 50% of the Isles shot attempts tonight. Seems they were matched up against the Tavares line and got totally destroyed.

Complete liability.

Being given a tough assignment and getting killed doesn't make you a liability

John Holmes*

Teams are putting their 40 year old backups in when they play us...and we're still losing.

This team sucks. There is no way to deny that.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Spezza on pace for 50 goals and -37 +/-.

That is just so Spezza. lulz

Man, we need to find some linemates for him. This is driving me nuts.

Stef*

we lost in alfie and gonchar 45 century of calming and focusing experience that was undeniably utmost important

but then again if we dont tighten the D corps a lot were screwed:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad