Post-Game Talk: Sens fall to the Fishermen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
100% agreed. All 3 of em. This team needs new leadership

Funny. I have been saying this all along. People finally realize the leadership is junk. Spezza was only picked as captain because he has a recognizable hockey name. To sell tickets. Paul McLean would have never picked Spezza if he actually had a choice.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
I think Neil needs to be replaced, and its just getting more evident.
Yes, he provides some leadership. But its clear hes way too slow to keep up with the game anymore.
A top 4 D is needed.

To all who are bashing Phillips. Karlsson was awful tonight. Was out of position ALL night, giving the Isles loads of scoring opportunities.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The Sens are a pretty good team. Scored 4 goals without playing tonight.

Positives: We're scoring, goalies playing well, good start to the game, Smith played well.

2 or 3 of those 4 goals were handed to us by Nabokov. Had the Isles played a competent goalie you can be sure we wouldn't have gotten that point.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Karlsson is great offensively. That's a silver lining. That said he should be glued to the hip with Methot because nobody else can cover for him on this team.

We need to pick up someone like Ehrhoff and limit the icetime or eliminate the ice-time of Cowen. Gryba has actually been pretty solid.

Methot - Karlsson
Ehrhoff - Gryba

That would solve some issues.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
We're 8th in the east.. pathetic hahaha, Turris/Ryan are fantastic and Smith played real well today, waiting for Cowen to have one good game. He has sucked so bad its crazy =/.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Phillips is getting #1 D ice time, where he should be #6, and more or less limited to PK duties, and certainly not used on the PP. Corvo has been playing decently yet he's scratched. Methot is not getting enough minutes.

I know it's obvious I'm really done with Phillips!
I don't care as much when young guys like Cowen, Wier and Gryba make mistakes they should get better as the year moves along but Stache is relying too much on Phillips. That will only hurt the progress of the team. Based purely on play it's Phillips who should be sitting then there would be no problem having to play 1 D on his wrong side on the right. Why should Wier or Methot be forced to play the right and Corvo or Gryba sit out because Phillips need to play the left when he is so useless on D or on offense. Corvo hasn't been perfect but he's looked better than Phillips this year and only sits so they can play one of the young D but it should be Phillips who sits out.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
We need defense

IMO there is no reason to panic. We have the raw material for building a solid defense corps -- they're just not playing together. That's a COACHING problem. How did the same group of pesky Sens from last year suddenly turn into the Keystone Cops? Karlsson has 13 points but his plus/minus is a crappy -3.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Stache seems to think he's still behind the Red Wings bench having delusions of playing puck possession hockey. The reality is it looks like #$?%& pond hockey out there. Our defense is C-R-A-P therefore this team needs to lock it down and play Ken Hitchcock/Jacques Lemaire hockey. It's painful to watch but we will get our ***** handed to us for the rest of the year if we don't adjust.

Alfie is much smarter than the wizard of smarts who are running this team. He saw what this team was truly about didn't he? My respect for the man knows no bounds.

Stef*

everybody flamed me last week when I said palrus should start coaching for D

the problem is obvious
no all stars last year and we finish second in GAA
everybody healthy and we let godzillions shots every game

plzzzz paulrus tighten the D!!!!!!

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
I know it's obvious I'm really done with Phillips!
I don't care as much when young guys like Cowen, Wier and Gryba make mistakes they should get better as the year moves along but Stache is relying too much on Phillips. That will only hurt the progress of the team. Based purely on play it's Phillips who should be sitting then there would be no problem having to play 1 D on his wrong side on the right. Why should Wier or Methot be forced to play the right and Corvo or Gryba sit out because Phillips need to play the left when he is so useless on D or on offense. Corvo hasn't been perfect but he's looked better than Phillips this year and only sits so they can play one of the young D but it should be Phillips who sits out.

Agreed.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
So much talk about how good senators are at player development yet our 3 best players(4 including Andy) were developed elsewhere. What is going on?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
>Except win
>Play Phillips the most

MFW when we lose
paul-maclean-named-coach-VG5TARN-x-large.jpg

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
Meanwhile, Conacher continues to suck and Bishop is having a Vezina type start to the season

Hated the trade at the time and hate it even more now. He doesnt have the skill to make up for how small and soft he is

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Keep Michalek-Smith-Zibanejad together. Keep MacArthur-Turris-Ryan together. That leaves Conacher-Grant-Condra. Trade the rest of the forwards.

I won't talk about the D because I haven't figured that one out yet (keep Methot, Karlsson, Wiercioch, Gryba though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad