Rumor: Sens don't qualify Anthony Duclair

Status
Not open for further replies.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
I was always somewhat critical of letting him walk, but after seeing that offer rejected I remove my criticism. He was offered more than fair compensation given his history in the league, plus the comfort of mid term. It's clear that the Sens had him factored into at least their mid term plans. I really believe he blew an opportunity here.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I was always somewhat critical of letting him walk, but after seeing that offer rejected I remove my criticism. He was offered more than fair compensation given his history in the league, plus the comfort of mid term. It's clear that the Sens had him factored into at least their mid term plans. I really believe he blew an opportunity here.
Yep: it’s the problem with representing yourself. He probably based his choice based around last year’s contract scene.

I hope he doesn’t Franson himself out of the league

Reactions: qqaz
Aug 25, 2009
éal
If I'm Boston I'm giving him a try, one year. They will need forward up front to start the season and he's not bad depth on the middle six which is an issue for that team. Him or Kovalchuk would sign for cheap.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Shocked he wouldn't take a 3 x $4.25 deal from Ottawa. That's a VERY fair offer from the Sens. Maybe he only only wanted a 1 or 2 year deal to do a prove it type thing so he could cash in later but it's not like signing a 3 year deal at 25 is like you're giving away your prime at a discount or something. Really wanted the Canes to look into him but definitely not now.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If I'm Boston I'm giving him a try, one year. They will need forward up front to start the season and he's not bad depth on the middle six which is an issue for that team. Him or Kovalchuk would sign for cheap.

If Duclair was willing to sign for cheap he would have done so by now. He's trying to get as much money as he can.

Reactions: Beville and Altimus

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
This is why Duclair should have gotten an agent.

He's saving agent fees but doesn't know how to negotiate.

There's a reason why players have agents to remove emotions and to help the player.

I can understand not getting one if you are a 700k minimum deal player though.

However if you are a player that is looking at this 2+ million dollar multi year deals. Maybe you should get one.

Reactions: Guttersniped

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
I think people are being overly critical of the agent thing.

We don't know the offers. In a tight market where he is getting the same 5 offers from 5 teams, saving that extra 5-10% can be huge.

That could be over a million dollars he saves.

that said, it still might be stupid, but we'll have to wait and see.
The value of the agent is having someone tell him not to do stupid things like what he did. Doesn't seem like the offers are coming in. That 5-10% doesn't seem that bad when you compare it to losing millions.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki

Doubt Duclair would sign with Boston even if they make an offer. When that team is healthy there's no guarantees he's going to get any ice time, let alone play in the top 6.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Really surprised on his level of stupidity. He found a home with the SENs and wanted too much $$$. Doubt he can find a better deal.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If you were a gm today and you were like aw shucks we missed out on Hoffman, would you sign Duclair to 5x5?

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Yep: it’s the problem with representing yourself. He probably based his choice based around last year’s contract scene.

I hope he doesn’t Franson himself out of the league
Probably will. Although it won't be too bad. He'll sign somewhere for two million

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I'll say just like someone wrote on the sens board... 6th team in 7 years, firing his agent to represent himself, it's probably more related to an ego/locker room issue than just $$$ on his next contract.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If you were a gm today and you were like aw shucks we missed out on Hoffman, would you sign Duclair to 5x5?
That would be, what, the 4th largest UFA deal handed out in this FA period, behind Markstrom, Krug, and Pietrangelo? No chance anyone offers him that much. I dont know if he'd get 5 x 3m, tbh.

Reactions: _Del_
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad