Rumor: Sens don't qualify Anthony Duclair

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah, I can’t imagine they could afford both. When Duclair turned down Ottawa’s offer, the Sens moved on to Dadonov.

Dorion did say something about how they haven't closed the door on Duclair. But specified that he would have to be aware that his role has changed.

Or something along those lines

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Dorion did say something about how they haven't closed the door on Duclair. But specified that he would have to be aware that his role has changed.

Or something along those lines

My guess is that ship has sailed. I guess it’s possible Duclair could come back, but I doubt it at this point.

Reactions: SensFactor

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
If the Ottawa rumours of 4.25X3 are true wtf was he thinking turning it down. Also if those were the number offered, why not qualify him? I doubt he’d get much more in arbitration. All around wtf here
Rejecting the offer may have soured the deal. Ottawa has 3-4 very good AHLers that need a good long look with the big club. If he cant commit at that length then he is just clogging up spot to a long term player. Getting just one year out of him doesnt reflect Ottawa's 3-4year plan, just wastes a development spot.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
So other then the early rumours of Florida being interested any other teams showing interest. I'm honestly concern he burned his bridges in the NHL. Hes a good player who might have ended his own career.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
So other then the early rumours of Florida being interested any other teams showing interest. I'm honestly concern he burned his bridges in the NHL. Hes a good player who might have ended his own career.

he can retain a players agent and try again from there. A lot of these agents are smooth talkers, and have good relationships with other General managers, especially an agent that's been around for while. I'm sure some teams are opened to him but no way anyone is giving Lebanc or Alex tuch money.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
1. Someone WILL take him. He's not going to be done in the NHL. As long as he is willing to play for 1.5M-3M, he can find a contract somewhere. It wont be for 800K either.

2. He probably missed his best chance at a multi-year contract when he passed on what the Sens were offering.

3. He probably still has a shot at a good, one year, deal at a 3-4M.

4. He should be ultra focused on icetime right now. NOT contract. He was always going to have a hard time hitting 4-5M on anything past 1-2 years. He's still got a chance at 3-4M and eventually a bigger 5M AAV contract but he NEEDS to put up 20 goals and 40 points.

He should fire his agent..

Nevermind.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Teams probably waiting to see where Hoffman goes and arb cases

Reactions: Altimus

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Oh, he'll sign somewhere. Still a very attractive free agent, but now only a few teams can afford him. I'd really like him back on Ottawa, but that's not likely.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

what he will absolutely get a chance with a team but doubtful anywhere near what he could have gotten in Ottawa.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I'm guessing he'll be back in Ottawa. Mentioned how much he loved everything about the team... But sounds like he wanted more $ than Ottawa offered, and no one is going to give him that. I'd say it ends up at 2 or 3 years at 4M.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
23 goals last year. I can see why the Sens didn’t want to qualify him and risk arbitration. Would 2.5 x 2 years be fair? That’s what AA, and Virtanen got.
If he were willing to get 2.5X2 years he would still be a Sen. They offered (depending on reports, between 3.5 and 4M a year on a multi-year contract.

He wanted more than 5M a year on a 4-5year contract.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If he were willing to get 2.5X2 years he would still be a Sen. They offered (depending on reports, between 3.5 and 4M a year on a multi-year contract.

He wanted more than 5M a year on a 4-5year contract.
He’s crazy if those are his expectations. In this current market he’s not worth anywhere close to that. Maybe he ends up on a one year show me deal for 2-3 million?

Reactions: virothepyro

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
He’s crazy if those are his expectations. In this current market he’s not worth anywhere close to that. Maybe he ends up on a one year show me deal for 2-3 million?
I think those were fair expectations previous to this year. Unfortunately for him, it looks like he didn't understand the market and will probably have to settle for less. I guess this shows why you should probably have a professional negotiating for you...

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
If hes coming back to Ottawa, then hes not getting more than Connor Brown's 3.6M x 3 years.

I can see $3M for 2 years or $3.5M.

I don't think any other team is offering more $4M or more on multi year contracts.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011

He fired his agent because he agreed with what Ottawa offered. Said that he will represent himself as he thinks he's worth more.

I don't think he quite gets it yet..though..I think he'll get signed for a LESSER amount and years after Hoffman gets signed.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
23 goals last year. I can see why the Sens didn’t want to qualify him and risk arbitration. Would 2.5 x 2 years be fair? That’s what AA, and Virtanen got.
I think it's fair but he's slowly running out of partners to dance with

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Kid being a dick, probably thought he could 'ransom' Ottawa because he was one of the few who could score on that team, plan backfired when Dorion said 'alright!' and signed Dadonov instead.

Just my opinion, of course, but a humility lesson is probably underway.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think it's fair but he's slowly running out of partners to dance with
absolutely this. Hoffman will still likely get a pretty good deal for himself, whether it be 1 year in a prime spot, or paid longer term.

I don't think you'd want to be in with the rest of the UFA's: Granlund, Vatanen, Hamonic, Duclair, Athanasiou, Kahun, Haula are all good players, but who has any money left to offer them much of anything?

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Have to think that Duke ends up signing at 1-2 mil at this point when you consider what other UFAs have settled for.

Galchenyuk
Nosek
Simmonds
Wennberg
Nichushkin
Namestinikov

All signed for under 1 mil x 1 y or 2 mil x 2 y.
That's a good bargain bin for sign and trade guys that guarantee you 30-40pts and even better if they get hot/chemistry.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Have to think that Duke ends up signing at 1-2 mil at this point when you consider what other UFAs have settled for.

Galchenyuk
Nosek
Simmonds
Wennberg
Nichushkin
Namestinikov

That's a good bargain bin for sign and trade guys that guarantee you 30-40pts and even better if they get hot/chemistry.
yes, there's basically a lot of great options for him if he's willing to bite the bullet and go somewhere for 1 million. I don't blame him for waiting though, and I don't think he could screw himself over by waiting too long. At worst he'd lose a few 100k that way, but he could also get his salary up to 2 million, like perhaps a team that wants Hoffman but strikes out

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada

Galchenyuk
Nosek
Simmonds
Wennberg
Nichushkin
Namestinikov

...and he was looking at 5yrs/5M apparently :facepalm: ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad