Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017, part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Hasn't Coach K been saying all year that Paul is NHL ready? Or am I dreaming stuff up now?
I've been wondering why Paul hasn't had a call-up. What's his game like this season?

I will say that I hate the term "NHL ready" ever since the Sens brass said Lazar was NHL ready. Sure, he's able to play and keep up in the NHL, but is he learning anything playing less than 10 mins per game, in as sheltered a role as possible?

I think there's a difference between "NHL ready" and "ready to contribute at the NHL level." I hope the Sens brass has learned the difference.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Tier 1
1. Chabot
2. Brown
3. White

Tier 2
4. Perron
5. Dahlen
6. Chlapik

Tier 3.
7. Hogberg
8. Englund
9. Jarros

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Mostly accurate, but switch Paul and Jaros.

I think Paul is very underrated. He is a only a year older than Perron and has outscored him. In Pauls 20 y.o season, he scored 17 its in 45 games and 5 in 24 in the NHL... Perron currently has 14 in 43. Why is Perron so clearly a tier ahead? Paul has 4 inches and 60 lbs on Perron, which, of course, has helped him adjust to the pro game, but its also a reason to favour him in the future if all else is equal. I think Paul has a very good chance at being a good 3rd liner, whereas Perron has an okay chance at being a 2nd liner.

Also, I don't think Jaros is as good a prospect as Englund in a vacuum, so I definitely wouldn't put him on the same tier given the fact that we have no indication he will be coming over to N.A any time soon.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Jonathan Dahlén assisted on all 3 goals vs Oskarshamn today. (1-3)

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think Paul is very underrated. He is a only a year older than Perron and has outscored him. In Pauls 20 y.o season, he scored 17 its in 45 games and 5 in 24 in the NHL... Perron currently has 14 in 43. Why is Perron so clearly a tier ahead? Paul has 4 inches and 60 lbs on Perron, which, of course, has helped him adjust to the pro game, but its also a reason to favour him in the future if all else is equal. I think Paul has a very good chance at being a good 3rd liner, whereas Perron has an okay chance at being a 2nd liner.

Also, I don't think Jaros is as good a prospect as Englund in a vacuum, so I definitely wouldn't put him on the same tier given the fact that we have no indication he will be coming over to N.A any time soon.

You might be correct on Jaros, but Perron has a higher ceiling than Paul. The only thing is that Paul is more likely to be an NHL'er than Perron due to his size and strength.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
You might be correct on Jaros, but Perron has a higher ceiling than Paul. The only thing is that Paul is more likely to be an NHL'er than Perron due to his size and strength.

Perron definitely has a higher ceiling - I said as much. But Paul is more likely to be an NHLer, pure and simple. His size, strength, skating and smarts cannot be overlooked.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
White is a hound on the puck, if it's near him, 50% of the time he'll have a stick on it. I think that's why he's stylistically similar to O'Rielly and is a Stone-lite in that regard. He also has amazing hand-eye and his passes are very crisp and quick. He doesn't need to think to get his passes away, his speed is really surprising when he gets going, now I know why usascout1 compared it to Dzingel, tho i don't think he is as efficient a skater in his agility while going top speed. White is dragging two linemates who have no idea whats going on. BC really isnt strong at all, their record has been very generous to their talent capabilities. What I also love is how big and strong White looks downlow. He is very hard to get the puck from when he's behind the net and infront of the net, and he isn't done gaining strength, imo. His IQ really can't be overstated enough.

you definitely didn't have a hand in that...

It was well warranted then but his game just has not adapted well to the pros, his footspeed really has become a bigger issue than some might have presumed.

The hypeman himself saying a guy is overrated

Didnt u say dziurzynski is gonna become Glencross?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
White is a hound on the puck, if it's near him, 50% of the time he'll have a stick on it. I think that's why he's stylistically similar to O'Rielly and is a Stone-lite in that regard. He also has amazing hand-eye and his passes are very crisp and quick. He doesn't need to think to get his passes away, his speed is really surprising when he gets going, now I know why usascout1 compared it to Dzingel, tho i don't think he is as efficient a skater in his agility while going top speed. White is dragging two linemates who have no idea whats going on. BC really isnt strong at all, their record has been very generous to their talent capabilities. What I also love is how big and strong White looks downlow. He is very hard to get the puck from when he's behind the net and infront of the net, and he isn't done gaining strength, imo. His IQ really can't be overstated enough.

Do you think it could be fair to say that white has a Crosby body type? ( when he got draft)

They dont have big upper body but they have very strong lower body. That explain White strength at protecting the puck and on the board.

Obviously, Crosby was like 10-15 lbs more, his leg were massive but that's kinda similar to what i heard about White. Very strong lower body.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Do you think it could be fair to say that white has a Crosby body type? ( when he got draft)

They dont have big upper body but they have very strong lower body. That explain White strength at protecting the puck and on the board.

Obviously, Crosby was like 10-15 lbs more, his leg were massive but that's kinda similar to what i heard about White. Very strong lower body.

I think Crosby is rare cause he has tree trunks for legs. White built almost exactly like a young bergeron, imo.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Perron definitely has a higher ceiling - I said as much. But Paul is more likely to be an NHLer, pure and simple. His size, strength, skating and smarts cannot be overlooked.

I don't see what's wrong with Paul... We talk a lot about improving the bottom-6. He's a guy that could do it. Nothing wrong with that. It seems that because a player doesn't put big numbers, he's nothing much to some fans... People get fooled by his stats. Paul looked fine on the Sens last year and it was his first pro year (good defensive metrics too). Just because he didn't get call up this season so far doesn't mean anything, he's still very young and the Sens can take their time to develop him.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I think Crosby is rare cause he has tree trunks for legs. White built almost exactly like a young bergeron, imo.

I didn't had informatiom about how Bergeron was built when younger and knew hoe Crosby was.

I think White strenth is that his Lower body is strong. He need to put weight in his upper body but if the base is already strong we know he will eventually become stronger up with age.

Having a strong lower body will really help him start in the NHL.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I have no idea why some people seem so down on Paul.

Is it just because of the trade? I mean he was solid for last year and he has the body and the hands to have a high ceiling.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

It was well warranted then but his game just has not adapted well to the pros, his footspeed really has become a bigger issue than some might have presumed.

Didnt u say dziurzynski is gonna become Glencross?

You have the wrong guy lol. Dziurzinski ever bein called up was enough for me to want to fire every single person in the management group

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I have no idea why some people seem so down on Paul.

Is it just because of the trade? I mean he was solid for last year and he has the body and the hands to have a high ceiling.

It depends on what you mean by "high ceiling". Like I could see him being an NHL player but I don't see him in the top 9. He's had subpar numbers every year besides when he was an overager in the O. My dream scenario is to see him as a Brian Boyle type one day.

Anyone know if Paul has been used primarily as a C or LW lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad