Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017, part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Spitfires board don't seem to be big fans of Brown... Yikes...

Its seems like a lot of them are fed up with his injury issues. Some even think hes not really injured just hurt. I guess that means he can play but just doesnt want to.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Its seems like a lot of them are fed up with his injury issues. Some even think hes not really injured just hurt. I guess that means he can play but just doesnt want to.

Yep, thats what I got too. To be fair, though, he was supposed to miss a month but came back after 2.5 weeks.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Holy Dahlen.
2 more goals today and the game is not over yet.
He has a point on all 6 goals his team scored in last 3 games.

Last edited:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Who is Victor Ejdsell?
Undrafted, 21yo, 6-5, tons of skill, leads Allsvenskan in scoring: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=29343
Spent his under-18 years dominating lower tier mens leagues rather than J-18 and J-20, so looks like under-the-radar not-scouted-much player.
Why GMs don't jump on guys like that. I mean worst case scenario he's a decent AHL player, I think.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Spitfires board don't seem to be big fans of Brown... Yikes...

Hockey fans are not all super bright. I have seen many people cursing at players because they get injured, but how the heck do you have any control over that?

We'd be no brighter if we were down on Brown because he has an injury plagued season. It sucks and hopefully he has 0 injury next season. Of course, he needs that development time

if Brown does not work out then Dorion is going to look real bad with what he has said about the trade and pick. Potentially a terrible start to his gm career. Just potentially though. Let's all stay positive!!!:nod:

At least he got long ways to go to be as bad as Tim Murray :sarcasm:

I am purely speculating by...

... but more importantly was considered to be a big step up on whoever was left on our board at 12 if NJ took him.

My logic tells me that another team was trying to acquire the 11th pick from New Jersey to grab Brown. The Sens didn't want to lose that derby and traded with them.

Exciting... our next:

Cole Schneider
Buddy Robinson
Bobby Butler
Jesse Winchester
Matt O'Connor

I'd like another Jesse Winchester, makes for a better 4th line. Worse case scenario you get a decent/good AHLer.

Who is Victor Ejdsell?
Undrafted, 21yo, 6-5, tons of skill, leads Allsvenskan in scoring: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=29343
Spent his under-18 years dominating lower tier mens leagues rather than J-18 and J-20, so looks like under-the-radar not-scouted-much player.
Why GMs don't jump on guys like that. I mean worst case scenario he's a decent AHL player, I think.

Sometimes, Europeans have no intention of coming over...

Last edited:

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Hockey fans are not all super bright. I have seen many people cursing at players because they get injured, but how the heck do you have any control over that.

Windsor fans have never exactly adored Brown. He has a reputation of being lazy and disinterested on the ice, which he did try to push back against with his play in the 2nd half of last season.

I am not saying he is faking an injury, but his style of play will always attract criticism at every level of hockey.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Sebastian Aho is another undrafted Swede I wish Sens take a flyer on.
20yo, somewhat smallish 5-10 size but is leading SHL defensemen in points.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Colin White with 1 assist so far tonight.

Got called for a penalty which caused a 5 on 3 against, but ( thankfully ) no damage done.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
With every game that Dahlen plays, the more I get excited about him. If he keeps developing like he has, there's a potential to become a real force for us in a few seasons. And on a side note, wouldn't it be cool to snag his teammate Elias Pettersson in the upcoming draft?

Last edited:

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
GMPD says we are after a NCAA forward and Dman in a tsn1200 interview. any names out there?

According to TSN, Josh Healy from Ohio State might be the top choice for Dmen. He's supposed to be an old school, hard-hitting player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Colin White with 1 assist so far tonight.

Got called for a penalty which caused a 5 on 3 against, but ( thankfully ) no damage done.

He got the 2nd goal as well.

Finished 1g 1 a in a 4-2 loss

White nearly gave Boston College a late 3-2 lead, but his backhanded shot attempt rung off the crossbar.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Windsor fans have never exactly adored Brown. He has a reputation of being lazy and disinterested on the ice, which he did try to push back against with his play in the 2nd half of last season.

I am not saying he is faking an injury, but his style of play will always attract criticism at every level of hockey.

Big lanky skilled center in the mold of Jason Spezza... you're right, will always attract criticism

If he has dedication and engagement issues, I am sure his father will do what's right to put him on straight. That's another advantage that Brown has. His dad had a long successful career and knows how to be a pro, etc

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Big lanky skilled center in the mold of Jason Spezza... you're right, will always attract criticism

If he has dedication and engagement issues, I am sure his father will do what's right to put him on straight. That's another advantage that Brown has. His dad had a long successful career and knows how to be a pro, etc

I also think it's unfair to ask a unmatured 18-19 y/o kid to give 100% everynight. Some should remember how they were at 19 compare to 22 for example. I was a stupid kid who's now a mature 26 y/o dad.

Brown is a project and he will need to be taught how to maximize his effort on a daily basis. Not every kid can be perfect in that regard this young. Perfect work ethic come with time, for those who succeed.

He has the Raw talent, they are going to work hard with him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So, why not wear different gloves (longer cuff), or add a bit of protection in some exposed areas? Guys who have the puck a lot will be slashed more often (obviously)....so you'd think someone who take necessary precautions.

Why would an injury, we literally know nothing about, have us drawing conclusions that Brown isn't taking "necessary precautions", by wearing more protective gloves/wrist guards of all things.

It's hockey, injuries happen.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
GMPD says we are after a NCAA forward and Dman in a tsn1200 interview. any names out there?

According to TSN, Josh Healy from Ohio State might be the top choice for Dmen. He's supposed to be an old school, hard-hitting player.

http://www.tsn.ca/healey-stands-out-in-thin-college-free-agent-class-1.670748

Nicholas Schilkey (Forward, Ohio State University, NCAA) – Schilkey is going into his senior year for the Buckeyes, and put up an impressive 41 points in 36 games last year. It was his first big season in college, meaning he’s going to have to prove himself this year, but his numbers this year were better than a comparatively aged Tyler Bozak put up in college in 2008.

Justin Kloos (Center, University of Minnesota, NCAA) – Kloos put up a strong 2016 season, at 22, he scored 43 points in 37 games, albeit with two teammates, Sabres’ prospect Hudson Faschinghttp://www.hockey-reference.com/players/f/faschhu01.html and the also undrafted Leon Birstedt, tied for third in Big Ten goals with 20.. Still, Kloos put up 16 goals himself, and led the team in points. He’s another smaller player, but given the history of undrafted free agents, like Martin St. Louis, it’s worth taking a chance on a smaller player who you can develop in the AHL for a year.

See also http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017/1/12/14221856/top-ncaa-nhl-free-agent-prospects-for-2016-2017-aston-reese-brickley-pionk-kelleher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad