Senators Development Camp 2018

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Just from images and video, he looks bean pole skinny. Do you think he needs time for his body to fill out before he jumps into the NHL?

A year in college or OHL could allow for that.
No ,we can just let nature take care of him actually filling out...He has more than enough size to make the nhl...But alot of his game is using his size and physicality along with his skill from what i saw in highlights anyhow,I do agree another year to let him develop the whole package so maybe a year in mans league ,would do the trick

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The muscles he needs to build up are the ancillary, supporting muscles so crucial for maintaining healthy joints and avoiding injury. They aren't mirror muscles and you have to be fairly disciplined to work them. Most guys just try to get big arms or pecs. No functional strength away from the gym though. But you absolutely need to protect the shoulders, hips, knees, etc. I wouldn't want BT anywhere near an NHL game until he's been able to build that up.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Have been re-watching Tkachuk's WJC games. Definitely needs another year in college to bulk up. Balance isn't there yet and as a result he was hitting the ice a lot in awkward ways, which could result in injury ala Ryan.

Give him another year playing for BU to bulk up and play a key role as a leader for USA at the WJC, and then sign him.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
IMG_20180627_112746.jpg

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I also think Donovan has done some great under the radar stuff with the kids,and also just general stuff with guys on the big club ...

Reactions: aragorn

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
But can we not get him a sens ball cap and tracksuit? lol
What I posted on Senschirp:

His name is Jari and he runs Sk8on, an elite hockey training school that is very well recognized... The Sens have had him run a pad for 2 years now, Shelley Kettles from Edgeworks runs another and Shean Donovan the third.

That is the uniform for instructors from the school...there are several out there wearing it. It doesn't look as bad in person... :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad