Senators Development Camp 2018

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Colin White had 2 goals and 6 points in 21 games. He didn't stick nor did he produce, while yes I agree he needed to go down due to injury and conditioning he was sent down several times after being called up. Which in my opinion was the right thing to do for his development its not a bad thing, he needs to develop. I want him to be a good player like all of us, but the expectations of what he will become seem way out of wack with what he has shown. While at the same time I believe that Tucker is being massively underrated in this thread. He was a better player than Pageau and is likely on pace to score at a very similar career rate as Turris. So my hopes for White are fairly high considering.

The best I have ever seen White play is in the WJC when he was a major pest and he played on the wing. He scored dirty goals, finished his checks and was terrible to play against. Thats what I want him to be in the NHL, I dont see the creativity or vision to be a play making centerman. To me he looks like a great complimentary player to an elite center like Duchene who likes to grind. White has generally scored slightly less goals than assists when he was at BU and in the WJC.

At the WJC 2016-17 he had 8 pts in 7 games .. 7 goals. I don't disagree with your write up though. I don't see him as a play making C yet if he ever is one.. I could see him as a 3rd C in more of a shut down role.. but not a top 6 C yet. I think his way to the top 6 earliest is on the wing. I think he is still developing and will be a good 2nd/3rd line tweener that can be trusted in all situations before too long

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Colin White had 2 goals and 6 points in 21 games. He didn't stick nor did he produce, while yes I agree he needed to go down due to injury and conditioning he was sent down several times after being called up. Which in my opinion was the right thing to do for his development its not a bad thing, he needs to develop. I want him to be a good player like all of us, but the expectations of what he will become seem way out of wack with what he has shown. While at the same time I believe that Tucker is being massively underrated in this thread. He was a better player than Pageau and is likely on pace to score at a very similar career rate as Turris. So my hopes for White are fairly high considering.

The best I have ever seen White play is in the WJC when he was a major pest and he played on the wing. He scored dirty goals, finished his checks and was terrible to play against. Thats what I want him to be in the NHL, I dont see the creativity or vision to be a play making centerman. To me he looks like a great complimentary player to an elite center like Duchene who likes to grind. White has generally scored slightly less goals than assists when he was at BU and in the WJC.
I guess we see two different things from the same player. We haven't got to see a lot of him at D-Camps since he was hurt for the first three I believe, but saw a bit of him this yr & in his NHL games & a few AHL games. I certainly don't see a Tucker type pest at all but as I said I see him to be more like Turris but slightly better defensively & maybe not as good offensively. I agree that Tucker had a decent career & did score more than one would think although a lot of his goals could be considered those dirty goals in front of the net where he spent most of his time & in that White could be considered similar.

I think we will get a much better idea of what kind of NHL player he will be this yr if & when he plays full time on this roster. I also think he makes it at centre rather than on the wing & see him more as a playmaker setting up his wingers but we'll see. While I don't like forecasting numbers for players my guess is that he could be a 40 pt centre (mostly assists) with the potential for 50 pts, a 3rd line centre with 2nd line centre potential in time. We'll see.

Reactions: Cosmix

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
At the WJC 2016-17 he had 8 pts in 7 games .. 7 goals. I don't disagree with your write up though. I don't see him as a play making C yet if he ever is one.. I could see him as a 3rd C in more of a shut down role.. but not a top 6 C yet. I think his way to the top 6 earliest is on the wing. I think he is still developing and will be a good 2nd/3rd line tweener that can be trusted in all situations before too long

Does it look like White has bulked up at all? One impression I had of him during his time in the NHL last season is he looked a little too thin.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Spezza is a decent comparable for Brown's style of play; however, I have never seen Brown stickhandle the puck and skate as well as Spezza. He has not demonstrated the high end offensive skills that Spezza did.

I only compared their skating styles, not overall skill. Long, slow, but powerful strides make both look like they aren't hustling when they really are. So many people complained that Spezza wasn't working hard, but he was. Just his style of skating isn't a out quick feet.

I don't think anyone expects Brown to equal Spezza in terms of puck skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad