starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
upload_2018-6-25_12-7-46.png

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Love the Ryan Kuffner invite. Ottawa kid who should be one of the top NCAA UFAs next year.

Not sure if we invited his teammate Max Veronneau too (another Ottawa born kid), but we definitely should have. He's going to the Devils' camp this year.

Burzan and Lyle are good invites as well.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
There aren't enough undrafted kids at the development camp...

Also, Hogberg was a 2013 draft pick? Crazy

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Interesting that White's going, but not Chabot. Probably would've been useful to have Chabot there, even if it was just to show the recent draftees how it's done.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
White need to go through the whole process,as him breaking his arm was a huge setback..And needs to dominate start to finish and make the team

Reactions: Bileur and DJB

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Love the Ryan Kuffner invite. Ottawa kid who should be one of the top NCAA UFAs next year.

Not sure if we invited his teammate Max Veronneau too (another Ottawa born kid), but we definitely should have. He's going to the Devils' camp this year.

Awesome! I was speculating on this months ago. It just made sense and I'm glad to see we have invited Kuffner (at least).

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Was Pius Suter at development camp last year? Or only main camp?

I hope we try to get him over.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This could be the first time that Ottawa has this many goalies that they drafted at one development camp. They have always had at least one invitee & sometimes a couple of them. Goalie competition in Ottawa has gotten very interesting.

Torso9000

Aug 12, 2011
This could be the first time that Ottawa has this many goalies that they drafted at one development camp. They have always had at least one invitee & sometimes a couple of them. Goalie competition in Ottawa has gotten very interesting.

Hopefully they hit on at least one of them. As of right now, who's the best goalie that's been drafted and developed in the history of the organization? Emery? Lehner? I like that they've been drafting goalies more frequently since 2012, even if it hasn't necessarily worked out with Brassard or Driedger - eventually you'll hit on one of them.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hopefully they hit on at least one of them. As of right now, who's the best goalie that's been drafted and developed in the history of the organization? Emery? Lehner? I like that they've been drafting goalies more frequently since 2012, even if it hasn't necessarily worked out with Brassard or Driedger - eventually you'll hit on one of them.
This is how I would rank the goalies.
1. Gustavsson - probably has the best chance at being a #1 goalie
2. Hogberg - probably a good NHL backup, maybe a starter
3. Mandolese - has #1 potential & a long way to go
4. Dreidger - slowly losing ground each yr
5. Daccord - was good at last yr's D-Camp
6. Hollette - was okay at last yr's D-Camp, must improve this yr

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
This is how I would rank the goalies.
1. Gustavsson - probably has the best chance at being a #1 goalie
2. Hogberg - probably a good NHL backup, maybe a starter
3. Mandolese - has #1 potential & a long way to go
4. Dreidger - slowly losing ground each yr
5. Daccord - was good at last yr's D-Camp
6. Hollette - was okay at last yr's D-Camp, must improve this yr

This would be list as well, however should be noted that Driedger was let walk today. Probably for the best though given Hogberg/Gus should be splitting the net in Bingo.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Those numbers from Kuffner are eye popping, what's the competition like in his conference? Hopefully this gives us an inside track on signing him. Dunno why we didn't just take Burzan in the 7th round. Wouldn't be mad if we made him our Kelly of this camp. Good practice to try to grab extra prospects without even using draft capital.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad