Senators Development Camp 2018

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Those numbers from Kuffner are eye popping, what's the competition like in his conference? Hopefully this gives us an inside track on signing him. Dunno why we didn't just take Burzan in the 7th round. Wouldn't be mad if we made him our Kelly of this camp. Good practice to try to grab extra prospects without even using draft capital.

ECAC is probably one of the lowest end leagues from the NCAA. Hockey east and big 10 are way ahead of them from what I understand.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why are Englund and Bergman not attending?

Summers is not there too, so it looks like he won’t stay a Sens property...

And Francis Perron is not there! Is he still injured?

Nick Paul is also not going, maybe he doesn’t need to?

Forgot someone?

Note : look at the size of these goalies!

This is how I would rank the goalies.
1. Gustavsson - probably has the best chance at being a #1 goalie
2. Hogberg - probably a good NHL backup, maybe a starter
3. Mandolese - has #1 potential & a long way to go
4. Dreidger - slowly losing ground each yr
5. Daccord - was good at last yr's D-Camp
6. Hollette - was okay at last yr's D-Camp, must improve this yr

Good list. I think I’d have Hollett at #4 and Driedger last. I don’t see NHL potential there (and well a poster just said he was let go)

I have a bit of hope for Hollett because he’s still very young, has very good size and has many good athletic qualities. Maybe I should be higher on Daccord, but those 2 are such long term projects. This year will be more telling

Last edited:

Jhero

Jun 29, 2007
Anyone going to check out the on-ice skate today? Let us know your thoughts!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's good to see that Ottawa has a good number of invitees this yr, you never know when they could find a good NHL/AHL player who costs them nothing.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
ECAC is probably one of the lowest end leagues from the NCAA. Hockey east and big 10 are way ahead of them from what I understand.

Eh... the ECAC is pretty underrated, I'd say. Middle of the road. Over the past few years, they've been clearly below NCHC and Big 10, but seem to be in the same tier as Hockey East. I'd say the major differnece is that Hockey East is more of a star-driven league that attracts high-end players who only plan to be there for one or two years, while the ECAC has more players committed to 4-year plans, and so tend to have "older" teams. Not by some huge margin, but ECAC teams tend to be more complete teams and lean on their Seniors more so than other divisions, while Hockey East teams tend to have more explosive talent.

All of the NCAA divisions are pretty ok except for the AHC (which is basically Div-2 as far as quality is concerned, nobody takes any of the AHC teams seriously).

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa

Must-follow account on twitter if you guys aren't already.

Good to hear on Batherson. I actually think hes gonna challenge for a job more then formenton next year and will be really hard to keep him out of the lineup. Love his skating style, hes so noticeable out there, he skates in a really upright position

Reactions: Hands of Stone

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

but ...but...but .. he can't shoot

The game is called rebounds. You keep shooting until you miss, with all rebounds able to be picked up and put in the net. A normal play is to shoot directly at the pads to get the pucks out to your teammates, that's normally what the goalies go for. Not scoring off the first shot is intended most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad