GDT: Semifinal - May 25 - Canada vs Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Lol. I thought exactly same thing. Sexy outfit in classy way.

Good luck to Bronze Match, dear Czechs! :)
The whole thing is amazing.. this is where Canada gets it wrong. Euro's always have models doing this, Canada will have the CEO of Labatts in trackpants presenting.lol

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Well done Canada, you didn't waste too much energy and scored efficiently on the chances you received (far too many from us :laugh:). All the best for tomorrows game against Finland!

What concerns the Czech performance tonight: I am really looking forward to the interviews and the explanation of our coaching staff. This was a pathetic and embarrassing effort tonight - the fans deserve better than this.

member 305909

If Canada win the gold medal tomorrow they will tie with Soviet Union/Russia with most championships in the tournament with 27 apiece.

I thought that the Soviet Union and Czechoslovakia are ghost states which can not win any more unless they are reformed. Russia have won five times. No more.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well done Canada, you didn't waste too much energy and scored efficiently on the chances you received (far too many from us :laugh:). All the best for tomorrows game against Finland!

What concerns the Czech performance tonight: I am really looking forward to the interviews and the explanation of our coaching staff. This was a pathetic and embarrassing effort tonight - the fans deserve better than this.
I don't disagree but 40 shots isn't terrible...

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I thought that the Soviet Union and Czechoslovakia are ghost states which can not win any more unless they are reformed. Russia have won five times. No more.
The IIHF recognizes both as successors and credits them with the titles, along with separate individual tallies.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I understand the Czechoslovakia argument (and slovaks should've never had to start in Division D or wherever they put them) but Soviet Union to Russia seems pretty fair?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well it's not, but totally giving up on yourself in the 3rd is.

I don't know how disapointed I am. I you told me, 3 weeks ago, that we'd be 7-2 and playing for Bronze... I'd take that!

Like I say, someobody find the Russian's at their hotel pub and start buying them shots!

Reactions: NinjaKick

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Our last goal in the semis was 2012 - Frolik! That is a long ass time in between goals in a semi.lol Like I've said all along.. thank god we have Zohorna!

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Will be interesting to see if Strome finally breaks his curse of losing in the finals.

Last edited:

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I expected a closer game but knew that Canada would find a way to win as they are feeling it as a team now. Good luck tomorrow Czech’s and beat Russia. Wow what a disaster for them.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
this Canadian team is a troll job. it's our C or D team + mark stone and an avg age of 24. for all the times we've sent strong teams and choked, there's a team like this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad