GDT: Semifinal - May 25 - Canada vs Czech Republic

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
the gold medal game is going to be very very interesting... the Finns beat us the first game of this tournament... we can't make any mistakes

It won't be a low scoring game like the last meeting was. There will be more goals than a 2-1 result, won't count that empty netter here.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Neat stat: Czechs have almost 40 shots on net. Canada has been winning easily since 10 seconds into third but Czechs did put a lot of shots on net, including Repik there.
IMO the game is alot closer than the score indicates.

I'll be cheering for the czechs tomorrow.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Well deserved for CAN, capitalized on their chances and their D play was almost dominant. I wish we got a bounce or two on some of those close misses, but CAN deserved it. Good luck in the finals!

edit - forgot to mention Murray. Probably because I am a Philly fan :laugh:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
IMO the game is alot closer than the score indicates.

I'll be cheering for the czechs tomorrow.

Czechs needed some timely goals and it could've looked a lot different with the crowd and players getting into it more emotionally.

kary

May 12, 2016
Canada with better D, much better goaltending, and we were completely impotent on our chances (and we did have quite a few of them). The score is perhaps a bit cruel considering how the game looked like most of the time, but in the end a well deserved win for Canada. Good luck in the final.

Murray was unbeliavable today.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
So crosschecking and starting unnecessary **** with 2 minutes left in a blowout is "winning with class"?
Agreed. The Czechs would have looked a lot better if they’d refrained from that sort of thing. Frustration I guess ... taking a beating like that can’t be easy. :dunno:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats Canada and especially Murray. I said my brain said 4-1... it was 5-1. Murray outplayed both our goalies. Your Centres were better than ours. Your D was much better than our D.

I'd say I'm mad but I'm not. A bronze would be amazing for us! Russia is the favourite of course but the medal probably means more to us than it does to them.

I'll be back tomorrow but drinking Plsner Urquell instead.. clearly the 'TSN turning point' was my switching Czech beers!

I better see a Vrana/Chytil and Gulas in the stands. No idea if I'd go Bartosak or Francouz.

member 305909

If Canada end up winning the whole tournament it can be said that the margins are razor-thin given that Canada scored two goals in the last second. One of them taking them back from the jaws of death,

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Anyone know where I can get my wife those medal girl outfits? Outstanding! The red and silver ones...

Slovak fanshop?lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If Gulas isn't the best player of the tournament for the Czechs, I don't know who is.
Classic! He looked great in his first shift against Italy in an 8-0 win! Definitely wouldn't want to put Vrana in his spot on line 3 with Kubalik and Kovar.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Canada has the far superior team and they all showed up today. The outcome isn't surprising to me. On to the GM game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad