GDT: Semifinal - May 25 - Canada vs Czech Republic

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I'm late to the game. From the comments it appears the Czechs were better than what 5-0 suggest, right?

they've gotten some good looks, but they can't string any good passes together. Canada has been really stifling.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Czechs disappointing me deeply... never good to have a coaching issue, if you wanna go far. Must be painful for the fans in the arena.

There are almost no common enthusiastic fans in stadium, those people dont have money for overpriced tickets, that’s why atmosphere is so different from round robin.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
There are almost no common enthusiastic fans in stadium, those people dont have money for overpriced tickets, that’s why atmosphere is so different from round robin.

Of course, you're right... completely forgot about the shitty IIHF and the nature of the Skodas finals for one moment.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Just cheap dirty hockey from the Czechs here. Try to lose with some class ffs.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Jesus McCann, you're winning 5-1, can you kindly finish the game without punching people?

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
They know can't drop the gloves or else they're out the next game otherwise someone would get pummelled. Good restraint Canada

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I didn't think the jab at McCann was that bad but it didn't hit me in the face.

Seemed to hurt :laugh:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Neat stat: Czechs have almost 40 shots on net. Canada has been winning easily since 10 seconds into third but Czechs did put a lot of shots on net, including Repik there.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I think Canada scoring first and Murray shutting everything down won us this game... Czech team defense didn't exactly do a great job helping out their goalie either... too many high scoring chances from Canada

the gold medal game is going to be very very interesting... the Finns beat us the first game of this tournament... we can't make any mistakes

Reactions: kudymen

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think Canada scoring first and Murray shutting everything down won us this game... Czech team defense didn't exactly do a great job helping out their goalie either... too many high scoring chances from Canada

the gold medal game is going to be very very interesting... the Finns beat us the first game of this tournament... we can't make any mistakes
Czech D is not good but they have done an awesome job entire tourney... very few blatant mistkaes. Canada exposed the shit out of them!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad