Scratched:
G 30 Šimon Hrubec
D 24 Petr Zámorský
F 72 Filip Chytil

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I have not seen one full game of the czechs here this tournament so don't really know what to make of them, their record was good and had some big wins.

I dunno.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I love how Canadians are so confident as much as they were before the match with Swiss where they were just 0,4 s from losing. Czech Republic beat both Switzerland and Sweden so they are obviously to beat Canada as well.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
The Czechs are legit. Don't under estimate them. I especially like their forward group. I think they're clearly better than the Swiss Team and are more than capable of pulling an upset if Canada take them lightly.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
I love how Canadians are so confident as much as they were before the match with Swiss where they were just 0,4 s from losing. Czech Republic beat both Switzerland and Sweden so they are obviously to beat Canada as well.

I think you forgot the :sarcasm:

I don’t see any Canadians gloating in here. It’s going to be a good game.

On another note, are those the lines ? Why would Mantha be scratched ?

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I think you forgot the :sarcasm:

I don’t see any Canadians gloating in here. It’s going to be a good game.

On another note, are those the lines ? Why would Mantha be scratched ?
No they are just automatic assumption from last game

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Ok. Sure. I'll be the honest person and gloat. I don't see any way Canada loses this game. They are the far superior team. If the officials don't take control of the game this is Canada's to lose.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Well, both teams seem to play better than the names on their rosters would suggest. I'll say 4-2 for Canada with pretty even play. Could easily see it going in the opposite direction though.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Czechs are going down

It will definitely be a close game. The strengths of Team Canada are obvious and they always send a competitive bunch of players over to the WC. Czechs (as every team) will definitely avoid underestimating Team Canada.

I don't think either team will "go down" as you pointed out. Canada shouldn't underestimate the Czechs: 1. CZ play their best hockey when under pressure (when there is lack of pressure they are usually more prone to error); 2. and don't forget, the game will be played in Bratislava (close to the CZ border) - the stadium will be packed and the atmosphere will be buzzing in SF. It is worth noting that Czechs beat both Sweden & Switzerland in the group stage. So the tough battle of Team Canada against the Swiss Team in yesterdays QF could be a reliable indicator of a somehow tight game.

Ultimately, I believe that the Czechs are the only team this year that have a fair chance at beating (highly probable finalist) Russia (even though they lost to them in the group stage 3:0, hitting the pipes multiple times and the last goal of the Russians being an empty-netter). I know this is a bold claim to make, but the Russians usually suit us as an opponent. At least in the past we managed to win the WC-final against Russia, even though we were considered to be the underdogs (2010). A lot of that has to do with the fact that CZE - RUS match-ups always tend to have a political/historical rivalry-component to them, what makes them even more entertaining to watch.

I hope I won't come back to this post all wrong :)

Last edited:

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
let me put it this way the Canadians were .4 sec away from not contending for a gold medal, the Swiss were .4 sec away from getting beat in the semi's.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Canada beat germany 8-1, Czechs only 5-1.

Easy Canada win here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->