Injury Report: Seidenberg to miss remainder of season with torn ACL/MCL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sides is 3.25 this year Buff is 5.2

ouch- well will be interesting to see the kids for now- love to see Trotman get in a game but having him and Svedberg and an angry home Sens team:help:...I don't bet but I'd load up on the Sens tonight....Bruins would be wise to go with Tuukka and if Trotman in lineup but don't think he has to play unless the Big Guy is out also.

Still saying Trotman is one and done and we get Joe Bleeping Morrow on Tuesday

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
you have a good lead and time to see what they have- agree, they in baseball terms need a second starter; losing Seids is like losing a 15 game winner, but what concerns me is what the bleep with Chara after the Olympics that is going to be hard miles on that vehicle. there two horses could be down to one and his arse dragging at that

I can see them going after a guy- who though? I like Big Buff and he is outside the conference and you can LTI Seids so the money probably works out

I'm doing my research now to come up with my preferred list as the 1st guy that came to mind has too long of a contract (Brian Campbell). I'll have a list over to you later to run through.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
maybe John Blum comes walking thru the door carrying a duffel bag and drops it in front of Claude like he did to Harry :laugh: What I would pay to see a 25 year old John Blum play tonight (over under in penalty minutes 22)

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I'm doing my research now to come up with my preferred list as the 1st guy that came to mind has too long of a contract (Brian Campbell). I'll have a list over to you later to run through.

Campbell only has two more years after this one but the cap hit is major at 7.2 per.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
ouch- well will be interesting to see the kids for now- love to see Trotman get in a game but having him and Svedberg and an angry home Sens team:help:...I don't bet but I'd load up on the Sens tonight....Bruins would be wise to go with Tuukka and if Trotman in lineup but don't think he has to play unless the Big Guy is out also.

Still saying Trotman is one and done and we get Joe Bleeping Morrow on Tuesday

Leave Morrow where he is. If anything we need a physical guy.

David Krejci*

I don't really see where he helps, even if the cost is low. He's truly a bottom pairing D and does a job that can be done by numerous others. He doesn't help replace Seidenberg much. Maybe good for experience, but the "depth" we already have.
I agree with you, but there isn't much out there. Nobody on the market is going to replace Seidenberg. We have to look at guys who are UFA at the end of the year, we already have a ton of defensemen, springing for someone who is under contract past this year would be a mistake.

I'd rather go into the playoffs with Stuart and Bartkowski competing for that 6th defenseman slot, than just Bartkowski.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Poor Seids. Such a bummer for him. :(

Terrible blow, but it's not the apocalypse. Time for the kids to step up. It's not even January yet. See how the next few months go, and how things look going into the postseason.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

its interesting how they proceed- The Bruins are patient, they like to develop their own guys, they believe in what Cassidy/Sweeney/Dean are doing in Providence. Don knows exactly who he thinks has it (he is on the ice atleast one day a week down there working with these guys so he knows the waters)

yet, they want to win a Cup- neither the Rocket Jacobs or Big Z are getting any younger, and the team they have is loaded when healthy.

They may take the month and see how it goes and see who falls out, who is available- but I have to think they are going to get a veteran ice water nerves player to insert into the top 4. They lose Z they get to see the Bruins 2015-16 defense right now:eek:

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Leave Morrow where he is. If anything we need a physical guy.

what about Schenn out of philly. not having a good year might be had for little cost. Gill is there also with only 700k cap this year only. Streit having an off year there as well (entire team is) would like to see him on the Bruins. long contract though.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
This is definitely a huge blow.

I expect Chia to make a deadline move. Was waiting to see what we could possibly need at the deadline and haven't been able to come up with an idea until now.

Not sure who would be available though that would really fit the bill.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You are aware Goc plays center and would make Kelly completely redundant, right?

His 2 brother play defense though. But I'm afraid they are not NHL-material.

I realized this and fixed it. God it sucks to lose the German Hammer.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
its interesting how they proceed- The Bruins are patient, they like to develop their own guys, they believe in what Cassidy/Sweeney/Dean are doing in Providence. Don knows exactly who he thinks has it (he is on the ice atleast one day a week down there working with these guys so he knows the waters)

yet, they want to win a Cup- neither the Rocket Jacobs or Big Z are getting any younger, and the team they have is loaded when healthy.

They may take the month and see how it goes and see who falls out, who is available- but I have to think they are going to get a veteran ice water nerves player to insert into the top 4. They lose Z they get to see the Bruins 2015-16 defense right now:eek:
I agree that they will wait, if they do anything at all. They will see what they have in terms of guys stepping up. Maybe Chia reorganizes the defense, trading for another keeper just like Siedenburg. Who would've thought he would be so valuable. I know I didn't.

I would say their 1st is in play if it happens. Problem with this is your starting to see a gap in the prospect pool after 2012.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
looking through the NHL rosters and I am not seeing much for upcoming UFA's for next year that will help out all that much on the bottom feeder/seller teams. ugh not good.

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA

You hit it right on the head here Dan. I don't think they're ready for that preview, especially when they need to up season ticket prices again this year ;)

I'm interested in the Phillips idea. That's one I'm going to look at a bit harder.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't think he can directly replace Seidenberg, but I wouldn't mind seeing Redden back with the team ASAP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad