Injury Report: Seidenberg to miss remainder of season with torn ACL/MCL

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Sounds like an urban myth because it's usually told with Gretzky's name instead.

What about playing Krug in the top four?

Not in Massachusetts it's not.....Bobby Orr always has and always will be the first name that ever pops into my head when any conversation about hockey 'greats' comes up. It's what we know. It's what we saw. It's what we loved....and lost. Gretsky & Orr played in the days where if you didn't live in the region of a teams broadcasting you didn't get to watch them very often, if at all.

David Krejci*

They're not winning a Stanley Cup without Seidenberg

Their defensemen are still better than just about everyone else's, especially in Julien's system. Their forward depth is ridiculous, and Rask is the best goalie in the league. I'm not saying this doesn't really hurt them, it does, but we are still in it as much as anyone else. It's just going to be a lot harder to shut down ****tsburgh like we did last year in the ECF.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
obviously this sucks. feel terrible for Seidenberg, hopefully his recovery goes well.

I'd like to see them give the young kids a chance and see if anyone really grabs the spot. reevaluate near the trade deadline. for all those suggesting Miller, doesn't he have to pass through waiver if he is called up again? if that's the case I can't see him being called up unless there is some loop hole or something.

for everyone suggesting only right handed defensemen as a replacement I really think this is the year that Chara and Seidenberg would have been split up. if they kept them paired that would leave two right handed defensemen on the second pair in Boychuk and Dougie. I think we would have seen Chara-Hamilton and Seidenberg-Boychuk this year if everyone was healthy. point being that I think if we do get a vet it will be a left handed defensemen.

Grossman, Coburn, Phillips all come to mind. Girardi would be a great fit but he is a right handed shot.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
This news is just so ****ing awful.

I know Tim Gleason has 2 more years after this one at $4,000,000 a year. I know he has a NTC/NMC and I know he would not be cheap but, he's left handed and the same type of player.

I don't know if he'd waive it, I don't know if Rutherford (who's an idiot) would deal him but, I'd look into it.

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
And if it is true that Rangers are shopping Girardi he may be one of the three best fits Phillips, McDonald and him.

He has been terrible this year, but maybe a change of scenery would do him good. He has been really good in the past couple of seasons.

Any of the three would be good fits in Bruins system. I think Girardi would be best at filling the role of Seidenberg. Very good at shot blocking and also very physical.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
They're not winning a Stanley Cup without Seidenberg

It's this kind of attitude that aggrevates me. Yes, we lost a key player. But thankfully we have enough depth to make up for his loss. We all know that, come the trade deadline, if Chiarelli feels the need to make an appropriate trade he will. Honestly, I think Seidenberg not playing will make this team even hungrier for the Cup, cause they will want to win it for Seids; win it for him, and get it back for the city of Boston.

Seriously, all is not lost here folks.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Any of the three would be good fits in Bruins system. I think Girardi would be best at filling the role of Seidenberg. Very good at shot blocking and also very physical.

Dan Girardi?

He's UFA and although he is right handed it would be a great fit. Sather would bend us over the hamper (or attempt to) for him.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Call up Miller and see where things are at the trade deadline...no need to make a panic move now

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
This news is just so ****ing awful.

I know Tim Gleason has 2 more years after this one at $4,000,000 a year. I know he has a NTC/NMC and I know he would not be cheap but, he's left handed and the same type of player.

I don't know if he'd waive it, I don't know if Rutherford (who's an idiot) would deal him but, I'd look into it.

Rutherford has already tried to deal him when Gleason was injured. Were some reports that they were going to ask him to waive. Rumor is he didn't want to leave Carolina.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Their defensemen are still better than just about everyone else's, especially in Julien's system. Their forward depth is ridiculous, and Rask is the best goalie in the league. I'm not saying this doesn't really hurt them, it does, but we are still in it as much as anyone else. It's just going to be a lot harder to shut down ****tsburgh like we did last year in the ECF.

Well, eff, eff & eff. Eff!

I guess we'll see what young Trotman can bring to the table. Master Of the Obvious Dept.: This also makes a deal for legit, experienced D far more likely.

Eff. :(

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Call up Miller and see where things are at the trade deadline...no need to make a panic move now

pretty sure he needs to pass through waivers. if he does need to go through waivers I can't imagine him not getting claimed.

give Trotman, Bart, Morrow a shot (Miller too if we can get him up here). if none of those guys grab it I'm all for going after a vet. there's some good names being thrown around in here.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
well, this sucks. wish him well. Has to be tough for him, especially in an Olympic year.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

we would have to keep miller up as he is already at 9 games.
we are are gonna need a top 4 d man if we.want to go more than 2 rounds.

we will prob have to overpay for someone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad