Injury Report: Seidenberg to miss remainder of season with torn ACL/MCL

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
You hit it right on the head here Dan. I don't think they're ready for that preview, especially when they need to up season ticket prices again this year ;)

I'm interested in the Phillips idea. That's one I'm going to look at a bit harder.

Phillips is the one sticking out to me as well.

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
I agree that they will wait, if they do anything at all. They will see what they have in terms of guys stepping up. Maybe Chia reorganizes the defense, trading for another keeper just like Siedenburg. Who would've thought he would be so valuable. I know I didn't.

I would say their 1st is in play if it happens. Problem with this is your starting to see a gap in the prospect pool after 2012.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if we see this. I also then wouldn't be surprised to see deals made to replenish the pool. I'm not extremely concerned with that currently, especially with how they're developing and targeting deep picks.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Just a thought: IF Chia is planning on making a move, it's important to do it prior to Shero jumping the gun and pulling another debacle like last year with Iggy, since they just lost Dupuis for the same amount of time.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
We should definitely make a hard push for Andrew McDonald from the Islanders.

Small salary, UFA at the end of the year, teams already out of contention, he plays 26:05 MPG, lots of PKing.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
sucks.
knew it was bad when i heard him yell on tv.
guy is irreplacable so i think we should stick with miller or someone really cheap

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Yep, the pickins seem awfully slim for big-minute soon to be UFA/RFA NHL defensemen. Even slimmer if you focus on right-handed defensemen.

Two LH D-men that I took note of were the previously mentioned Chris Phillips and also Andrew MacDonald from the Islanders. EDIT: Ha, both of them have been previously mentioned now. :)

Unfortunately, the Bruins may need to look at someone with more term remaining on their contract.

iiBruins17*

**** injuries, pretty much ruined the B's and patriots chances this year

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Just a thought: IF Chia is planning on making a move, it's important to do it prior to Shero jumping the gun and pulling another debacle like last year with Iggy.

Since the Bruins would have lost Bartkowski in that trade if the Pens hadn't stepped in, perhaps things are ultimately working out as they were meant to.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
KHL defensemen with out clauses to rejoin NHL: Steve Eminger, Ryan O'Byrne, Anton Babchuk, Steve Montador, Kurtis Foster

Good ol Monty...

Gonna have to take a hard pass on those names.

I'm sure someone will be available that fits the need, and the Bruins should be more than comfortable rolling with Kevan Miller. I'm guessing Trotman is being rewarded and Miller will get the call for Tuesday's game.

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
KHL defensemen with out clauses to rejoin NHL: Steve Eminger, Ryan O'Byrne, Anton Babchuk, Steve Montador, Kurtis Foster

I think I'd rather get the full Monty from an 80 year old guy in the gym locker room than to have a full montador fiasco once again ;)

One of those other names I find a little interesting Dom.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This team is certainly being tested.

We've driving through the non-playoff teams fine but have only had a handful of playoff teams in the past month or so. That's been pretty fortunate considering our injuries but I won't be surprised to see this team start to struggle in January when our competition gets stronger. The flip side of an easy December is that there's some brutal weeks coming up later in the schedule. The kids are playing great but I expect once we start playing some heavy teams, especially in the west they will begin to expose some holes in the team. Not particularly looking forward to our California road trip in January. And the last thing we want to do is burn Tuukka out trying to compensate for that.

We know Seidenberg is done for the season and the playoffs. I would be shocked if Chiarelli opted fill his spot with a call up long term. We can make it work for a while but at the end of the day we need a #2 defenseman if we want to roll with the better teams in this league.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Good ol Monty...

Gonna have to take a hard pass on those names.

I'm sure someone will be available that fits the need, and the Bruins should be more than comfortable rolling with Kevan Miller. I'm guessing Trotman is being rewarded and Miller will get the call for Tuesday's game.

Montador... oh God, I'm getting the shivers just typing his name.

I assume we will more Miller, which is ok with me. I don't know much about Trotman but since a few have mentioned his name I am curious. I also guess we won't see any big moves until... April.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
And if it is true that Rangers are shopping Girardi he may be one of the three best fits Phillips, McDonald and him.

He has been terrible this year, but maybe a change of scenery would do him good. He has been really good in the past couple of seasons.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I didn't even realize there was an Andrew AND and Andy McDonald... I assume Andy (Blues) is better but also unavailable... am I right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad