Injury Report: Seidenberg to miss remainder of season with torn ACL/MCL

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If he's already walking without crutches, there is a possibility he could be game-ready for the playoffs. I'm no doctor though, anyone been at that stage of recovery know how long it may take him to get to 100%?

he walked down the tunnel when the injury first occurred so I don't think being able to walk means all that much in this case.

With that said, when the injury was first announced I figured if anyone on the Bruins could come back early from this it would be him.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
If he's already walking without crutches, there is a possibility he could be game-ready for the playoffs. I'm no doctor though, anyone been at that stage of recovery know how long it may take him to get to 100%?

No. He won't be ready. You can walk after the procedure fairly quickly but have very little range of motion, and certainly not what's needed to skate at high speed in a contact sport. He has at least 2-3 months of rehab, strengthening and ROM work ahead of him.

Take it from a guy who had a knee replaced recently....he's not coming back this season or the playoffs.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
ACL injuries are weird. Sometimes you can walk off, sometimes you can't.

I remember when Darrelle Revis tore his. He walked off with a slight limp, it came out later he apparently tore his....

tom nuetten

Mar 24, 2011
Germany
he won´t play a game this year!

even if he´s ahead of the schedule they won´t play him in the playoffs without multiple months of game experience... and they won´t rush him to come back...

the b´s don´t have to go all in this year, they´ll be a cup contender next year though => hope he has a quick and full recovery. he should watch the bruins win the cup from the press box, that will make him hungry to win lift it next year himself! :naughty:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers fans coming in peace. Do any of the Flyers D-men interest you? Only Coburn is not available. Make a offer if you wish. Birth Timonen and Meszeros are UFA's. Grossmann and Schenn have 2 more years after this one then UFA's.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Flyers fans coming in peace. Do any of the Flyers D-men interest you? Only Coburn is not available. Make a offer if you wish. Birth Timonen and Meszeros are UFA's. Grossmann and Schenn have 2 more years after this one then UFA's.

Timonen please, Chara would like that pick

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Timonen would be a phenomenal addition. How much would you want for him? 2nd and a good prospect? 1st?

He and Chara are good friends, he's a vet, and a good leader. Claude and Chiarelli proceed to droll.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
he won´t play a game this year!

even if he´s ahead of the schedule they won´t play him in the playoffs without multiple months of game experience... and they won´t rush him to come back...

the b´s don´t have to go all in this year, they´ll be a cup contender next year though => hope he has a quick and full recovery. he should watch the bruins win the cup from the press box, that will make him hungry to win lift it next year himself! :naughty:

Sorry, but I think the bold is absolutely false. The moment Seids is 100%, he will be in the lineup. Happens all the time, especially impact players.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
No. He won't be ready. You can walk after the procedure fairly quickly but have very little range of motion, and certainly not what's needed to skate at high speed in a contact sport. He has at least 2-3 months of rehab, strengthening and ROM work ahead of him.

Take it from a guy who had a knee replaced recently....he's not coming back this season or the playoffs.

I'll take your word for it, since you've been in a similar situation before. I really do think this is an encouraging sign, but as I said, I'm no doc.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010

Timonen is essentially the perfect fit but they'll have to come up with some $ to make it happen. They'll have a little more cap room with Seids going to the LTIR and Kelly coming off but not a ton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad