Injury Report: Seidenberg to miss remainder of season with torn ACL/MCL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Doubt it. Usually 6 to 8 months depending on how bad a rehab.

how about a hypnotist convinces him he is Steve Stamkos? I expect Seidenberg to be back for the game 3 of the Finals against Chicago.

dream scenario he pulls a Bobby Carpenter and just skates out with no one knowing- their is twitter and media silence over this- and helps contribute to the Cup

then we buy him out after the parade;)

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
Wow. That's a really s***ty blow. I saw the replay last night and honestly thought either this is nothing and he plays tomorrow or he's done for the year. I hate that the 2nd half of that is true.

In terms if replacements, I think they need to go outside for one for a cup run, solely for the experience and minutes. I like the kids we have coming up, I hate throwing them right into a run playing that many minutes.

Who I don't want back: Mark Stuart. Horrible idea unless you want a guy to sit upstairs. There's a reason we let him go.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
how about a hypnotist convinces him he is Steve Stamkos? I expect Seidenberg to be back for the game 3 of the Finals against Chicago.

dream scenario he pulls a Bobby Carpenter and just skates out with no one knowing- their is twitter and media silence over this- and helps contribute to the Cup

then we buy him out after the parade;)

I wish I could remember the story but back in the day when we were yutes a player got his bell rung but good. Coach asked the trainer how he was doing. Trainer says ok but didn't know who he is. Coach says tell him he's Bobby Orr.
:D

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I wish I could remember the story but back in the day when we were yutes a player got his bell rung but good. Coach asked the trainer how he was doing. Trainer says ok but didn't know who he is. Coach says tell him he's Bobby Orr.
:D

Sounds like an urban myth because it's usually told with Gretzky's name instead.

What about playing Krug in the top four?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wow. That's a really s***ty blow. I saw the replay last night and honestly thought either this is nothing and he plays tomorrow or he's done for the year. I hate that the 2nd half of that is true.

In terms if replacements, I think they need to go outside for one for a cup run, solely for the experience and minutes. I like the kids we have coming up, I hate throwing them right into a run playing that many minutes.

Who I don't want back: Mark Stuart. Horrible idea unless you want a guy to sit upstairs. There's a reason we let him go.

you have a good lead and time to see what they have- agree, they in baseball terms need a second starter; losing Seids is like losing a 15 game winner, but what concerns me is what the bleep with Chara after the Olympics that is going to be hard miles on that vehicle. there two horses could be down to one and his arse dragging at that

I can see them going after a guy- who though? I like Big Buff and he is outside the conference and you can LTI Seids so the money probably works out

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
you have a good lead and time to see what they have- agree, they in baseball terms need a second starter; losing Seids is like losing a 15 game winner, but what concerns me is what the bleep with Chara after the Olympics that is going to be hard miles on that vehicle. there two horses could be down to one and his arse dragging at that

I can see them going after a guy- who though? I like Big Buff and he is outside the conference and you can LTI Seids so the money probably works out

Sides is 3.25 this year Buff is 5.2

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sounds like an urban myth because it's usually told with Gretzky's name instead.

What about playing Krug in the top four?

I don't think Krug strong enough defensively, physically and need a minute muncher.

The knee jerk reaction will be to play Chara till he drops. Bad move there. Hopefully everybody step up by committee.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
88aa7f66-3cdd-4635-a626-a219decc0ac2_zpsfed6b877.png

Viva La Moose!

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
There's no doubt in my mind that the Bruins just lost their best defensive d-man. He's an absolute beast in his own zone. Going to be tough to replace.

Was listening to The 4th Period on NHL Network radio and they had a beat writer for the Rangers on. He was talking about how the Rangers have to make some big changes and was speculating that Girardi would be a great fit for the Bruins (No rumor to the report, just speculating).

That would be a great addition to the Bruins, problem is, he would be strictly a rental piece. The Rangers also have to improve their top 6 so the only guy I could see going to them would be Marchand and that would be a terrible over payment for a UFA to be. I don't really see how the Bruins could make that work, but imagine Chara and Girardi on the same pairing?

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal

I like Buff but he makes a lot of money. What would we do next year?
If Girardi is available...not sure i want to spend a 1st on him though..bahh this sucks.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I don't think Krug strong enough defensively, physically and need a minute muncher.

The knee jerk reaction will be to play Chara till he drops. Bad move there. Hopefully everybody step up by committee.

I agree about Krug. Great for the offense but he will not hold up in the playoffs playing top 4 mins against the other teams top lines in my opinion

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Man, this is seriously horrible news.
He's been an absolute warrior for this team. I have no doubt Chiarelli will make a move for a vet defenseman at some point, we'll probably try and ride this out as long as we can for now. But the idea of going into the playoffs without Seids is rough. I know we did it most of last year but it's not something I'd ever want try again.
Huge loss.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Wow, BOOM! This sucks.

I think some people need to relax. This just means Hamilton has to step up. It's his time. If he plays to his potential, we don't miss that much. We have players to step in. Bring up Miller. Solid player. I don't think we need to go outside the organization.

yes I'm still bummed. No I'm not panicking at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad