Seattle's YET still unnamed team

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I guess this is why it take some time. THey wanted to go with Totems, but the public respons so far on that name is,.... very low. And for a good reason. The name is terrible! Its history without adressing/honouring anything in history.

ANd the top names, dont really stick out. The only name sticking out is Evergreens. What does that even mean? How will that logo look like? Intressting at least.

Eagles... Go Eagels!.. LOL

NHL has already had Whales. No go.

Evergreens would potentially clash too much with the minnesota wild IMO.

Theres a few viable names out there that they don't even need to seriously look at a name like evergreens.

Emeralds, and sea lions are great names, and Sockeyes has grown on me alot lately, especially with the jersey concepts I have seen.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Should be the Metropolitans.
No... Personally, still not happy that NFL Carolina named their team the Panthers after the NHL Florida team did. Couldn't pick something else?

People will simply shorten it to Mets, so then you're wondering if people are referring to NY of ML or SEA of NHL.

When the Expos relocated to Washington, they could have gone with Senators, who were the former Minnesota Twins, but they opted to not be the same as Ottawa, thus went with Nationals.

Try to be different from the NBA, MLB, NFL, MLS.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Evergreens would potentially clash too much with the minnesota wild IMO.

Theres a few viable names out there that they don't even need to seriously look at a name like evergreens.

Emeralds, and sea lions are great names, and Sockeyes has grown on me alot lately, especially with the jersey concepts I have seen.

Emeralds... why not. BUT is sounds like a computer game.

Sea lions... are 250 kg pure fat...

Sockeyes are.. fishes... its just as good names as ducks..

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Starbucks has never really sponsored anything, maybe a few movies like Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me, but as far as I'm concerned they never have.
Then reference it without violating the trademark.

Seattle Caffeine Gougers
Seattle A holes Who Only Stock Pumpkin Spice a Quarter of the Year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad