Seattle's YET still unnamed team

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
By the way, what a huge failure it was to name Vegas the Golden Knights. Pretty much no one ever calls them that or "the Knights", everyone just says Vegas. Every other team has a 50/50 split between the city and the team name. Please do it right this time.
They should have just called them the Nevada Knights. Get the whole state in on it; plus it sounds nicer with the alliteration.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The more time seattle takes with this, the more I start to believe that seattle had settled on the Totems, but then changed their minds fearing a backlash related to cultural sensitivity.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
They should have just called them the Nevada Knights. Get the whole state in on it; plus it sounds nicer with the alliteration.

No way they weren't including Vegas in the name. They definitely get called Vegas or Knights about the same from everything I've seen. Hearing them referred to as Golden Knights is more rare when not on official broadcasts.

But they apparently couldn't name them Las Vegas Knights or anything because of the London Knights, or that's what I heard, seems somewhat ridiculous. It was originally Black Knights (Foley is a west point grad and very full of himself and army things) but the government told them no.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
If they don’t reveal in February this has to be some kind of bad omen.. come on already.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I hate almost every name I've heard honestly.

The more traditional to the area names are garbage, the aesthetic names are somewhat ok but don't strike any sort of 'fear' or 'action' into the game, and all others are just plain terrible.

I don't even want to sound like a debbie downer, but gosh there has to be something good...

Im agreed here. The only name that IS good, is already taken by the soccer team Seattle Wonders. Come on, its an epic name! So there is the black knights all over again ( a better name than golden knight).
The other name I can see coming, is the metropolitans. But it really sounds old fashioned, and... boring as shi... (another old fashioned name is millionaires, and I think its wrong in time for that name).

So there is one name, I can see they will go with, and I dont like it -- at all - Seattle sockeyes.
A fishs name is not what you want to stick to a top profressional hockey team in the biggest leauge in the world.

Nope!

There are no good names out there. Go get some new ones.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Dtl7mEbV4AALD84

I guess this is why it take some time. THey wanted to go with Totems, but the public respons so far on that name is,.... very low. And for a good reason. The name is terrible! Its history without adressing/honouring anything in history.

ANd the top names, dont really stick out. The only name sticking out is Evergreens. What does that even mean? How will that logo look like? Intressting at least.

Eagles... Go Eagels!.. LOL

NHL has already had Whales. No go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->