Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
shutterstock_307748711-1024x683.png
The Seattle Experience

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Was watching a rerun of Frasier the other day and saw this gem...

https://external-preview.redd.it/Wn...p4&s=a5865c31109da7c8e93f0a18e9757dd18176735a

Scene Three - Radio Station.
Bulldog is still doing his show on air.

Bulldog: The "Salmon" that's what you want to name our expansion
hockey team, "The Seattle Salmon"?! Why don't you take
your two IQ points, rub them together, see if you can't
start a fire, beat it! [presses another button] Hey, you're
in the doghouse!
Caller: [v.o.] Hey, am I on?
Bulldog: Yes, take as long as you want! [presses another button] Next.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I don't mind Sea Lions nor Sockeyes as long as the design isn't cheesy.

I wish there were better seafaring terms. Here in the Puget Sound we have the largest ferry fleet in the US, and one of the largest in the world.

We have multiple Naval bases (Bangor/ Kitsap which is nuclear subs, Bremerton, Everette). Ships are always coming in and out of the shipyards elsewhere.

Things that people here and maybe tourists think of too would be (for better or worse): rain, mountains, glaciers, volcanos, cold ocean, emerald waters, pine trees, salmon, whales, sea lions, marmots, clouds, traffic, tech, Microsoft, camping, backpacking, Naval bases and military families, Grunge, Space Needle, transplants, relationship making difficulty, power outages, ...ok ok, I'm getting off track.

There just HAS to be something bada** that can come of this.

Seattle Pilots? But I suppose the Brewers own the rights to that.

Sea Lions, Totems, Emeralds are decent names. A name like Storm or Sockeye I wouldn't be a fan of though.

Kraken... I dunno. It's not the worst name. But it feels like the name of an arena football team.

Metropolitan would be cool for a throwback but, not sold on it completely.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Was watching a rerun of Frasier the other day and saw this gem...

https://external-preview.redd.it/Wn...p4&s=a5865c31109da7c8e93f0a18e9757dd18176735a

Scene Three - Radio Station.
Bulldog is still doing his show on air.

Bulldog: The "Salmon" that's what you want to name our expansion
hockey team, "The Seattle Salmon"?! Why don't you take
your two IQ points, rub them together, see if you can't
start a fire, beat it! [presses another button] Hey, you're
in the doghouse!
Caller: [v.o.] Hey, am I on?
Bulldog: Yes, take as long as you want! [presses another button] Next.
I love that show and I remember that episode, I also lived in Seattle and it remains one of my fav places to live, Salmon is still a stupid name though and Bulldog Briscoe is not wrong.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I don't mind Sea Lions nor Sockeyes as long as the design isn't cheesy.

I wish there were better seafaring terms. Here in the Puget Sound we have the largest ferry fleet in the US, and one of the largest in the world.

We have multiple Naval bases (Bangor/ Kitsap which is nuclear subs, Bremerton, Everette). Ships are always coming in and out of the shipyards elsewhere.

Things that people here and maybe tourists think of too would be (for better or worse): rain, mountains, glaciers, volcanos, cold ocean, emerald waters, pine trees, salmon, whales, sea lions, marmots, clouds, traffic, tech, Microsoft, camping, backpacking, Naval bases and military families, Grunge, Space Needle, transplants, relationship making difficulty, power outages, ...ok ok, I'm getting off track.

There just HAS to be something bada** that can come of this.
many moons ago i was stationed on the lincoln in everett... i'd love a Seattle Attack or some such with a carrier or missle sub bursting from the crest.

agree you want something badass.. something kids see and think, wow that's cool. sockeye doesn't exactly resonate with the youth..

Reactions: Nsjohnson

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
why the f*** would they name the team Kraken after Scandinavian folklore or cryptocurrency exchange?

god help them if they name the team Kraken, if that is the case they should just fold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad