Seattle's YET still unnamed team

Pucker Factor 10

Serious guy who doesn't take things too seriously
Oct 26, 2019
The Frozen Tundra of Nanook
Over the course of the last year Seattle CEO Tod Leiweke assured everyone that the team would be named by the end of last year. Seattle's NHL team name will arrive before end of 2019 And as the year went on and the team went still unnamed, I recall periodic speculation that it would be revealed during the 2020 Winter Classic. Well folks, we know the next Winter Classic will be in Minnesota, but........

Dragging it out like this is rather overdramatic and unncessary. At this point they may as well go ahead and throw the name "Procrastinators" in the ring for consideration. The logo for the team would be Bettingman and Lieweke sitting at a conference table across from one another with a question mark between them.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I hate almost every name I've heard honestly.

The more traditional to the area names are garbage, the aesthetic names are somewhat ok but don't strike any sort of 'fear' or 'action' into the game, and all others are just plain terrible.

I don't even want to sound like a debbie downer, but gosh there has to be something good...

Pucker Factor 10

Serious guy who doesn't take things too seriously
Oct 26, 2019
The Frozen Tundra of Nanook
Pretty sure they said they'd announce it prior to the all star game this year.

NHL’s Seattle franchise to announce team name before all-star game - Sportsnet.ca

Now that you post that, I do recall that as a possibility as well. Good point. But somewhere (whether in print or video) it seems like somebody mentioned the other too. Oh well, you know how it is after watching or reading a few thousand videos and articles over a year or so.

In any case, it makes Leiweke look completely full of it in his "assurances" to everyone.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I want them to ressurrect the Metropolitans name because of the history. They'd be dumb not to. Start the franchise off with the legend of a Stanley Cup won by an unknown Seattle team way back when. A rich history already built in. Plus, the jerseys that the Thunderbirds wore as a tribute looked amazing.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Thankfully Kraken is off the list...My impression is that it'll be Totems, or a fish themed name (Steelheads, or Sockeye).

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Dtl7mEbV4AALD84

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Espressos - IPAs - Rain. That's been my experience there.

Ooh, the Grunge!

Reactions: Spock

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Seattle Whales? really? what will the mascot even look like? fins brother?

Seattle Angels, and get it over with. the battle of heaven vs hell when they face the Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad