News: Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft Thread [Part II]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
He's so good the Kings were transitioning him to forward because he was a disaster on defense
giphy-5.gif

Reactions: benedictTavares

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
They’ve got to have 6-12 trades in the hopper.
This team made some very strange picks.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
So not one team made a deal at all to not get Seattle not to pick a certain player or to take a certain player? Or is it only because this type of trades won’t be announced till later?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
D
#4 Kurtis MacDermid
Kraken younger, better version of Deryk Engelland, fan favorite from the get go
- been following Kurtis since his OHL days, he will surprise many, as in how good he is!

The only thing I agree was that he was a fan fav, but thats where it ends...

You want to end a season long winning streak, put McDermid in because he hasn;t played in 2 weeks [during the streak] and watch him get a -3 and the streak come to an airbag deploying stop. And then expect to drop 5 straight.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
I mean... I'm just a keyboard GM and I know nothing about how the real things get done. But I am terribly disappointed. I was waking up for the ED (2 a.m. CEST) to see if the rumoured choices are real and if there are some side deals to the weird/weak ones. I had to stop watching after an hour. Endless ads, no further information about the trades...

... and now I learn that there won't be many side deals? I can't get my head around Francis' strategy. It's rather obvious that this team is far from the final roster. However, not picking Clague, Tierney or someone else from Hawks, Flyers and many others makes no sense to me. Like Francis didn't need to blackmail anyone – if the relevant team offered no sweeteners for the better players, I would have picked them nonetheless.

The strongest device of Kraken is obviously a cap space.

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
So after being gifted a generous expansion draft that’s all Francis gonna come up with? The Wild was better when they came into the league ffs

Reactions: rodney dangerfield

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I’m going to reserve my judgement until I see the final Kraken team in action. Remember the responses 4 years ago here that McPhee got hosed and didn’t pick the best team
Took other GMs demands and received the players other teams didn’t want in exchanged for draft picks.
Everyone at HB say the Golden Knights were a team of 3rd line players and bottom pairing defenseman.
Turns out Vegas got the last laugh.

Reactions: Chevx

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
I could see one or both of Jarnkrok and Donskoi traded come tomorrow.

Maybe Soucy or Lauzon as well. A few bodies on the backend will be moved out in the coming days.

I think so. Many teams would be interested in acquiring some quality depth.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
This Seattle team is no Vegas. They're what an expansion team should look like.
Recalling that about 90% of HF posters were sure that the VGK would be bottom-dwellers their first season because of all the losers they got saddled with. Personally, I think Seattle has done pretty well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad