Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
Mind blown that anyone is actually willing to give money to this franchise with Lowe and Howson still employed...

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Has anyone just walked away from deposit before? I think this is going be a bad season, and Im fine just walking away after putting down $1100 or so. I'll lose that anyways trying to sell games I don't attend.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Mind blown that anyone is actually willing to give money to this franchise with Lowe and Howson still employed...

Mind blown that anyone actually still thinks Lowe works for the Oilers still.

Howson only works with prospects not in the AHL and considering said prospects are developing into one of the better prospect bases in the league it might be said he’s doing a good job at that.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Tried to buy a power pack for a friend since we get early access but their system was awful. Lack of a seat map makes the buying experience frustrating, he ended up passing because we had to keep refreshing to see what the system would give us, no option to pick your own seats.

From today's e-mail:

"With the heavy volume of Power Pack pre-sale traffic now reduced, the interactive seat map has been automatically activated."

Really? It's 2019, I find that very hard to believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
Has anyone just walked away from deposit before? I think this is going be a bad season, and Im fine just walking away after putting down $1100 or so. I'll lose that anyways trying to sell games I don't attend.

Where are your seats. If you have a pair of $5500 tickets, you could probably sell them for $4400. Then you keep them just in case. The $5500 pairs and the cheaper ones did still sell out for season tickets.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I’m curious if you are still thinking of bailing after the Lucic trade? Things are looking up!

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Hey - does anyone know if STHers will be getting a free pair of tickets to any Oil Kings game again?

Thanks!

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Haven't seen anything for World Junior Tickets yet, thought it was supposed to be early in the summer?

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Any word if they managed to sell out season tickets this year? Seems pretty quiet recently.

Also ticketmaster marking up tickets 30% is ridiculous. I understand it's a business trying to make money but I wish there were other options. I actually feel bad when people buy my tickets through ticketmaster, if they knew how to get ahold of me directly I'd save them the 30%.....

I posted a game for $190/ticket.
Seller fee = $22
Buyer fee = $33.82
GST = $12.29

Total price per seat = $258.11
Total markup (ignoring GST) =$55.82 or 30%

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Any word if they managed to sell out season tickets this year? Seems pretty quiet recently.

Also ticketmaster marking up tickets 30% is ridiculous. I understand it's a business trying to make money but I wish there were other options. I actually feel bad when people buy my tickets through ticketmaster, if they knew how to get ahold of me directly I'd save them the 30%.....

Seller fee = $22
Buyer fee = $33.82
GST = $12.29

I was at an Oiler event a few days ago and was told they did well on ST renewals and sales have been pretty good. Don’t think they sold out but they seem pleased with the results so far.

Reactions: boredem

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked (and answered) already but how is the 10% discount going to work this year?

I'm always the one with the plastic card ticket and I print out other tickets for the other guys in our owners group. In order to receive the discount I'm assuming I will have to show my "season ticket holder" plastic ticket.

Will the other guys be able to show their printed tickets or will they have to be in possession of the actual plastic ticket?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked (and answered) already but how is the 10% discount going to work this year?

I'm always the one with the plastic card ticket and I print out other tickets for the other guys in our owners group. In order to receive the discount I'm assuming I will have to show my "season ticket holder" plastic ticket.

Will the other guys be able to show their printed tickets or will they have to be in possession of the actual plastic ticket?

You need one of the 15% off cards (there is 1 per seat) in hand IIRC.

Reactions: jeffff

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Seller fee = $22
Buyer fee = $33.82
GST = $12.29

Whatever happened to the investigations over how Ticketmaster does business, scams and rips off customers and creates false demand by granting third party ticket sales to increase resale prices?

Scam, scam, scam.

Before ticketmaster the "Box office" used to charge 50cents for a ticket transaction. That's it. They were located in many areas. Around half a dozen or more in Edmonton area. You walked right in, got a printed ticket, envelope, good service, 50cents and there were people there that actually had to get paid, overhead, facilities, etc. Now most of what ticketmaster does is automated, entirely, and most transactions occur online and with the customer essentially doing all of the transaction details themselves.

The computer industry was supposed to revolutionize customer support, provide advantage for the consumer, make society better for all.

alas

Reactions: Moreaupheus

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I have a large collection of concert ticket stubs from shows I’ve seen over the years.
Unfortunately tickmaster rarely allows for paper tickets anymore.
Mobile entry only.
I’d even pay a couple extra bucks for a paper ticket.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
I have a large collection of concert ticket stubs from shows I’ve seen over the years.
Unfortunately tickmaster rarely allows for paper tickets anymore.
Mobile entry only.
I’d even pay a couple extra bucks for a paper ticket.
I'm with you, ticket stubs are great souvenirs. It's sad they're really not a thing anymore. Ticketmaster is the worst for this and many other reasons..

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
Anyone heard when we should be expecting our Season seat holder packages to arrive?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm with you, ticket stubs are great souvenirs. It's sad they're really not a thing anymore. Ticketmaster is the worst for this and many other reasons..

I think in Toronto you can order preprinted souvenir tickets for an extra cost. I used to collect them as well when I was young but I don't any longer.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Anyone else having payment issues accessing their invoice on the Oilers site to pay for their seasons seats? Been having these issues for about 2 or 3 weeks.

...and yes, I have notified my person but was expecting this up and running by the time I returned from my family vacation.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Season ticket holder looking to sell the games we cannot attend. Club seats are located in section 102, row 16, seats 15 & 16.

Excellent seat location, only 2 into the row and easy access to the Club Lounge (Beat the lines for washrooms and food/beverage).

Would like to sell as packages listed but would entertain breaking them down too.

Package A 12 games $5160

Thursday 19-Sep 7:00 PM vs Vancouver
Saturday 5-Oct 8:00 PM vs Kings
Thursday 24-Oct 7:00 PM vs Capitals
Friday 8-Nov 7:00 PM vs Devils
Wed 4-Dec 7:30 PM vs Senators
Tuesday 10-Dec 7:00 PM vs Hurricanes
Tuesday 31-Dec 7:00 PM vs Rangers
Wed 29-Jan 8:00 PM vs Flames
Saturday 8-Feb 5:00 PM vs Predators
Friday 21-Feb 7:00 PM vs Wild
Monday 9-Mar 7:00 PM vs Golden Knights
Monday 23-Mar 7:00 PM vs Ducks

Package B 11 Games $4730

Monday 16-Sep 7:00 PM vs Winnipeg
Friday 18-Oct 7:00 PM vs Red Wings
Monday 4-Nov 7:00 PM vs Coyotes
Saturday 16-Nov 2:00 PM vs Stars
Saturday 30-Nov 8:00 PM vs Canucks
Friday 27-Dec 7:00 PM vs Flames
Saturday 18-Jan 1:00 PM vs Coyotes
Thursday 6-Feb 7:30 PM vs Sharks
Saturday 7-Mar 8:00 PM vs Blue Jackets
Wed 25-Mar 7:30 PM vs Avalanche
Sunday 29-Mar 6:00 PM vs Ducks

I'll wait until Feb/March and then scoop up some of your tickets for 1/2 price.;)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00