Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
Got this e-mail today:

XXXX,
During the season seat renewal window, we heard from some customers who faced a challenge in finding partners to share in the purchase of their season seats.
We want to do everything we can to allow all our fans to remain as Season Seat Holders, so if you found yourself in this situation, and remain interested in maintaining seats, we have an opportunity for you.
We are looking to connect Season Seat Holders who may have similar seating desires, as a way of allowing both parties to remain a part of the Oilers season seat family.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, all you need to do is complete this brief registration form. There is no obligation and the partnering options will be dependent on how many register for this opportunity.

.....at least they're trying I guess. Seems like a pretty good indicator that renewals did not go well though.

Fender

Jun 24, 2002
Got this e-mail today:

XXXX,
During the season seat renewal window, we heard from some customers who faced a challenge in finding partners to share in the purchase of their season seats.
We want to do everything we can to allow all our fans to remain as Season Seat Holders, so if you found yourself in this situation, and remain interested in maintaining seats, we have an opportunity for you.
We are looking to connect Season Seat Holders who may have similar seating desires, as a way of allowing both parties to remain a part of the Oilers season seat family.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, all you need to do is complete this brief registration form. There is no obligation and the partnering options will be dependent on how many register for this opportunity.

.....at least they're trying I guess. Seems like a pretty good indicator that renewals did not go well though.

I got it as well. Not going to change my mind I’m afraid.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Got this e-mail today:

XXXX,

They should have done something like this long ago. Montreal is a good example where you can purchase a 1/2 season rather than a full one.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

HabOil

Aug 2, 2005
They should have done something like this long ago. Montreal is a good example where you can purchase a 1/2 season rather than a full one.
Won’t convince me to change my mind. I will wait for the 40% off cyber sale to get my tickets.

Renewals must have been ugly. FWIW, I decided not to renew last year and about a month after “deadline” I had a few others join in so decided to give it another year. They had no issues letting me have my old seats....sans the piddly $100/seat oiler bucks.

Oct 15, 2008
Then you can Indonesian leg wrestle for playoff tickets...... wait.... never mind...shouldn’t be a problem..

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Won’t convince me to change my mind. I will wait for the 40% off cyber sale to get my tickets.

Renewals must have been ugly. FWIW, I decided not to renew last year and about a month after “deadline” I had a few others join in so decided to give it another year. They had no issues letting me have my old seats....sans the piddly $100/seat oiler bucks.

I asked at the Bob Nicholson breakfast about the cyber Monday sale and suffice it to say Oilers admitted their error and won't be attempting that again. Or so they say.

YEGman

Dec 21, 2009
Edmonton
I got the e-mail, too. Won't be replying as I'm out. Have friends with Lower Bowl tickets from whom I can buy a few games as well as someone who still has two years left to go on their five-year Loge Licence if I really want to drop some cash!

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Got this e-mail today:

XXXX,

I did not get this email.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
In my email this morning....waiting on bated breath! lol

Thank you for being a member of the Oilers Season Seat Registry. We want you to know we’ve just dropped a package in the mail that outlines all your 2019-20 seating options, so keep an eye on your mailbox.

Seat selection for Season Seat Registry members will take place in mid-June, but if you would like to take a closer look at the various seating areas in Rogers Place, we are offering tours for Registry members during the Oilers Locker Room Sale on Saturday, June 8.

If you are interested in joining one of the tours, simply sign up here by Wednesday, June 5 at 5:00 PM.

If you have yet to receive your invitation to the Locker Room Sale or have any other questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected] or 780-414-GOAL (4625).

Thanks for your passion for the Oilers.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I'm hoping with the turnover this year I can move one last time. I'm quite happy with my seats but would like to adjust them slightly (up a few rows and maybe over 1 section).

Also bad renewals will hopefully lead to further perks, we will see!

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
I’m looking forward to the seat relocation event, so I’m hoping there are options when it comes time to choose...anybody have an idea when that happens?

Last edited:

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I’m looking forward to the seat relocation event, so I’m hoping there are options when it comes time to choose...anybody have an idea when that happens?
Usually happens mid-June. I'm sure they will want to get it done asap so they can focus on getting registry members in then get trying to sell any season seats still available after that.

Reactions: G Unit

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
I have a friend working as part of the sales group. At this point the renewal rate is approximately 77%, compared to the previous 3 years where the renewal rate ranged from 95-98% (at same time). This could mean very little, but it's nice to hear OEG are sweating right now. Good on those people speaking with their wallets... I am a weaker than thou.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016

My rep told me nothing official but June 10-14. We spoke on the 22nd.

Last edited:

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
I got the email. Filled out the link. My choices- how many games I want to purchase-10-15, would I change seat locations to make this work-I said no.

Will wait and see.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I have a friend working as part of the sales group. At this point the renewal rate is approximately 77%, compared to the previous 3 years where the renewal rate ranged from 95-98% (at same time). This could mean very little, but it's nice to hear OEG are sweating right now. Good on those people speaking with their wallets... I am a weaker than thou.

I'm glad they are sweating a little.

In the States many teams are competing with at least one other pro team vying for money from fans. They also compete against the NCAA sports.

If the Suns dismiss their fans they'll go see the Coyotes, Cardinals or Diamondbacks. Here it is take it or leave it and fans are speaking and saying leave it.

It's unfortunate for the Oilers that they have mismanaged their asset so poorly that they are essentially competing against themselves at this point. But it is good that the season ticket holders are being further rewarded.

Last edited:

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
Since renewals are around 80% and the Oilers are email spamming people who didn't renew. I thought I would call in to see if I could add 2 more seats to the 4 I have.
Thinking I might be able to grab another pair of cheap seats in the upper bowl.

I was firmly and almost rudely told NO. If I want more tickets I need to sign up and pay for the waitlist.

I am no marketing expert, but seems like if they are having low renewals and can't sell tickets........people that have already paid would be the best target to try to sell more tickets.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1