Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Season ticket holder looking to sell the games we cannot attend. Club seats are located in section 102, row 16, seats 15 & 16.

Excellent seat location, only 2 into the row and easy access to the Club Lounge (Beat the lines for washrooms and food/beverage).

Would like to sell as packages listed but would entertain breaking them down too.

Package A 12 games $5160

Thursday 19-Sep 7:00 PM vs Vancouver
Saturday 5-Oct 8:00 PM vs Kings
Thursday 24-Oct 7:00 PM vs Capitals
Friday 8-Nov 7:00 PM vs Devils
Wed 4-Dec 7:30 PM vs Senators
Tuesday 10-Dec 7:00 PM vs Hurricanes
Tuesday 31-Dec 7:00 PM vs Rangers
Wed 29-Jan 8:00 PM vs Flames
Saturday 8-Feb 5:00 PM vs Predators
Friday 21-Feb 7:00 PM vs Wild
Monday 9-Mar 7:00 PM vs Golden Knights
Monday 23-Mar 7:00 PM vs Ducks

Package B 11 Games $4730

Monday 16-Sep 7:00 PM vs Winnipeg
Friday 18-Oct 7:00 PM vs Red Wings
Monday 4-Nov 7:00 PM vs Coyotes
Saturday 16-Nov 2:00 PM vs Stars
Saturday 30-Nov 8:00 PM vs Canucks
Friday 27-Dec 7:00 PM vs Flames
Saturday 18-Jan 1:00 PM vs Coyotes
Thursday 6-Feb 7:30 PM vs Sharks
Saturday 7-Mar 8:00 PM vs Blue Jackets
Wed 25-Mar 7:30 PM vs Avalanche
Sunday 29-Mar 6:00 PM vs Ducks
There's a stickied ticket exchange thread for selling tickets, you should post this there. This is the thread for telling season ticket holders they make poor monetary decisions.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I think you mean wait until January and scoop up most games for 75% off or better...

This is why I tell all my regular buyers that I will not lower the prices on my tickets regardless of how the season is going, or else it isn't fair to them. Most of them buy tickets off me before the season starts.

If I can't get what I want I give them away to my family or to my regular group of buyers.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This is why I tell all my regular buyers that I will not lower the prices on my tickets regardless of how the season is going, or else it isn't fair to them. Most of them buy tickets off me before the season starts.

If I can't get what I want I give them away to my family or to my regular group of buyers.

Mcdavid rookie season was my first year being a season ticket holder and after he got injured I couldn’t even give tickets away for free.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Rather underwhelming season pack this year. Couldn't even fit the Oilers Bucks, which is supposedly being mailed this week. Guess they spent there budget on the please stay pack.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Rather underwhelming season pack this year. Couldn't even fit the Oilers Bucks, which is supposedly being mailed this week. Guess they spent there budget on the please stay pack.
What please stay pack? Did you get some goodies when they we're in full grovel mode?

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Yea a hard cardboard box is pretty disappointing this year. They should of kept the metal ones.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yea a hard cardboard box is pretty disappointing this year. They should of kept the metal ones.

Does it matter what the box is made of? Mine goes straight into the recycle bin no matter what it’s made of. Frankly they could deliver the “tickets” in a used Fedex box, I could care less. Just give me a team worth cheering for on the ice! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Does it matter what the box is made of? Mine goes straight into the recycle bin no matter what it’s made of. Frankly they could deliver the “tickets” in a used Fedex box, I could care less. Just give me a team worth cheering for on the ice! :)

Nah doesn't matter, just shows they are being cheap which is per usual for this organization.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
It is very difficult to resell tickets. As someone else pointed out earlier, both Ticketmaster and StubHub (owned by Ticketmaster) have a 30% markup. Kijiji no longer allows ticket sales as they're going to be partnered with StubHub. Most other places to sell (HF, Facebook, etc...) limit sales to face value. That's fine for most games but I was hoping to use the Leafs/Canadiens/etc... games to recoup some of the losses I'll get when the random teams on a Tuesday don't sell.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nah doesn't matter, just shows they are being cheap which is per usual for this organization.

I haven’t seen it yet so I’ll reserve judgement but happy to see them spend money on the on ice product and proper management than something that winds up in a recycle bin anyway. :)

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I haven’t seen it yet so I’ll reserve judgement but happy to see them spend money on the on ice product and proper management than something that winds up in a recycle bin anyway. :)

It is getting apparent that all anyone wants to do is complain about this team (among other things in life; not just sports, not just here). They didn’t spend enough. They overspent. They didn’t fix their defence. They did fix their defence. It just doesn’t end. There’s a point where pointed criticism ebbs into whining and we reached that point a long time ago.

To be honest, I was thrilled they didn’t plaster #97 all over the box (it’s Leon for those who don’t know). They are starting to make this team about more than just one player which makes me very happy. And to be clear, I am happy with McDavid I just find this organization makes everything about him at the expense of giving credit to others in the organization.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
It is getting apparent that all anyone wants to do is complain about this team (among other things in life; not just sports, not just here). They didn’t spend enough. They overspent. They didn’t fix their defence. They did fix their defence. It just doesn’t end. There’s a point where pointed criticism ebbs into whining and we reached that point a long time ago.

To be honest, I was thrilled they didn’t plaster #97 all over the box (it’s Leon for those who don’t know). They are starting to make this team about more than just one player which makes me very happy. And to be clear, I am happy with McDavid I just find this organization makes everything about him at the expense of giving credit to others in the organization.

So we begin the layered whining. ;)

Next will come the post whining about your whining. Of course someone will defend your right to whine so that will break the fourth wall.

I have become the forest, not trees whiner. A rarer and much more arrogant whiner as we believe to be superior to the run of the mill trees whiner. A more evolved whiner if you will.

Our semi-secret society lives by the mantra, "One whiner to rule them all. One whiner to smite them!"

Join us. Your awareness is expanding. We see you as evolving much like we did.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just saw this on the Oilers site. Some interesting promos! The 50-50 being a 70-30?!? I’m in!

The Edmonton Oilers today announced their game promotional schedule for the 2019-20 season, highlighted by the all-new Oilers Weekend Advantage which will encompass all Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday regular season home games. The Oilers Weekend Advantage will feature Thirsty Thursdays, Third Jersey Fridays, Super/Split Saturdays and Send-Off Sundays.

Thirsty Thursdays will allow Oilers fans 18 years of age and older to enjoy $5 cans of Molson Canadian and Coors Light (355ml) through the end of the first intermission.

Third Jersey Fridays will see the Oilers take to the ice in their dynamic, new alternate jerseys. The club will wear their third jerseys 10 times in 2019-20, all on Friday nights at Rogers Place.

On Super/Split Saturdays, the Oilers famed 50/50 Draw presented by RE/MAX will be offering increased variable payout splits, from 60/40 splits up to 70/30 splits, giving fans the chance to win even larger payouts though a greater take-home share. The exact split percentage for each Saturday game will be announced prior to each game day.

Every Send-Off Sunday will see one lucky fan in attendance win an exclusive trip for two to see the Oilers take on that night's opponent in the opponent's home rink later in the season.

In addition to the Oilers Weekend Advantage, the club's home schedule is filled with a variety of other events and promotional nights.

The Oilers drop the puck for 2019-20 on Opening Night Wednesday, October 2 against division rivals the Vancouver Canucks.

On Wednesday, October 16 when the Oilers play Philadelphia, the team will host the second annual Dave's Drive, a collaboration between the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation and Sports Central. Named in honour of Oilers legend Dave Semenko, Dave's Drive encourages Oilers fans to donate their used hockey equipment for redistribution to youth in need.

The Oilers will recognize Remembrance Days and with a pre-game ceremony on Friday, November 8 vs. New Jersey.

The Oilers annual Hockey Fights Cancer game is scheduled for Saturday, November 16 vs. Dallas.
On Friday, December 6, the Oilers host the Los Angeles Kings for the club's annual Shirts Off Our Backs game, which raises funds for the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation. As the game is also a Third Jersey Friday, the Oilers will be wearing their alternate jerseys for the fundraiser.

Hockey Talks, a league-wide program dedicated to raising the profile of mental health issues, will be front and center on Saturday, January 18 for an afternoon game against Arizona.

Canada's military will be celebrated on Canadian Armed Forces Night on Wednesday, January 29 when the Oilers host Calgary in a Battle of Alberta.

The Oilers celebrate diversity on Wednesday, February 19 when the Boston Bruins are in town on Hockey is for Everyone Night.

The winning school from Harrison and Chloe Katz's Hockey Helps Kids community program will be honoured on Saturday, February 29 when the Oilers take on Winnipeg.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Doesn't the other half of the 50/50 go to Charity?

So as a way to get more fans they are taking a chunk of the charity money and giving to the fans?

Who makes up the difference to the charity?

I must be wrong. If not it must be a BB idea.

Reactions: Daryls Nose

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Doesn't the other half of the 50/50 go to Charity?

So as a way to get more fans they are taking a chunk of the charity money and giving to the fans?

Who makes up the difference to the charity?

I must be wrong. If not it must be a BB idea.

IIRC the 50 goes to the people selling the 50-50 like EMHA (Edmonton Minor Hockey) that sort of thing. I think a few go to the Oilers Foundation but they should have no trouble via corporate sponsors topping up anything they may miss those nights I would think.

Bottom line if you have a building 2/3rds full your 50-50 isn’t going to be the same as if it were full. Upping the payout brings in more fans and may actually increase the payout than if it were a normal 50-50.

In the end you deposit dollars into bank accounts not percentages.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Every Send-Off Sunday will see one lucky fan in attendance win an exclusive trip for two to see the Oilers take on that night's opponent in the opponent's home rink later in the season.

There are 3 Sunday home games

October 27th vs Florida
December 8th vs Buffalo
March 29th vs Anaheim

One of these trips is not like the others. :sarcasm:

mullet

Aug 2, 2005
Well all I can say is I think the Oilers got it wrong again. The ticket exchange floors had seats for $30 and I got the same seats for $7 at stubhub. The building remained empty as nobody is willing to buy at the self imposed floor so either they will have to re-evaluate where that price point is set, lose revenue to stubhub or have buildings regularly empty. Yes I know I will take flack as it was a preseason but I think there is a real problem. I think season ticketholders have a right to sell at whatever value they see fit. They would be better off limiting how many tickets are sold to resellers to prevent devaluing the product. Perhaps even lowering prices so there are more local fans who can participate in ownership to enable fractional ownership. Just a few ideas for consideration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad