Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
At the end of the day we're here to support the city and the team. None of us like losing but I'm not going to stop watching Oilers hockey or attending games because of managements ineptitude. We have the privilege of watching Mcdavid play live for 41+ games a season so we should take advantage of that. The last thing I want to see in Edmonton is an empty arena and threats of the team needing to move.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Why does this BS about team needing to move keep getting used as a reason to renew? Did no one pay attention when we built a 600+ million arena? Oilers have a 35 year location agreement with the city. There could be at 0 fans and still not be able to move the team.

Reactions: jeg

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Why does this BS about team needing to move keep getting used as a reason to renew? Did no one pay attention when we built a 600+ million arena? Oilers have a 35 year location agreement with the city. There could be at 0 fans and still not be able to move the team.

What exactly does the relocation agreement spell out?

Truthfully, there is no way the NHL ever lets the Oilers leave anytime soon regardless of who owns them. The city contributed to a new arena like the NHL wants in many other markets. One reason I think the NHL kicks the dead dog in Phoenix for so long is the optics would be horrible leaving so soon after a new arena was built.

They aren't abandoning this market - or letting it get abandoned -any time soon.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Up to 15 to 25% of ends and corners appear empty; golds behind benches and penalty boxes have scattered seats missing only.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
A rough count of tickets available 1000 in the upper bowl, 1000 in the lower bowl.

I found it telling that the ten sections in the upper bowl between the blue lines (most centred seats) had by my count 482 total seats available. If there are 1000 available seats that leaves 21 sections sharing 518 empties.

People are speaking. If they are staying they want value prices.

Also shocked the SN and Sky Lounges weren't emptier.

northern2020

Nov 23, 2003
Greetings - is it me, or did the prices just go up after midnight, if you did not renew on day 1 of relocation?

oilers106

Nov 25, 2008
its just an error. if you log out and log back in usually its fixed to the right price

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
107 vs 108 vs 109 - anyone here with a preference to section ?
108 is the best. You get the whole section to yourself :laugh:

In all seriousness though I just moved to 107. I was in 115 which was the same view and I really liked it. I moved over just because I wanted to move up a few rows.

Reactions: northern2020

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad