Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I often wonder how much anger there is in just being a season ticket holder, specially when shared or a family thing. Personally, I believe that participating in a board like this is maybe an anger accelerator since it leads me to believe the Oilers matter when they are not playing.

Don’t take this as a slam on the board, I participate because I like being part of the board. But if you are not here or on talk radio, it is likely easier to parcel the tickets into a different (maybe expensive) but enjoyable part of your brain.

There is a lot of hate and anger on this board....just sayin'...;)

I was pretty pissed at the end of the season and see they are making substantive change. I am really happy with where we are heading and believe Katz honestly wants to get this right. Took him long enough but now is better than never I suppose.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Reactions: Daryls Nose

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Certainly didnt look sold out most games, especially down the stretch

Nonamee

Sep 2, 2016
Sold out and fully attended are not the same thing.
I'm not trying to cause a fight here.

I'll stop with saying that what the Oilers and other entertainment entities call sold out is not equal to all the available tickets actually being sold. It is some unannounced percentage thereof.

I wish everyone here a pleasant and successful season next year.

While I may attend some games ... I have not renewed my season seats.

A 13%er as it were ...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm not trying to cause a fight here.

I'll stop with saying that what the Oilers and other entertainment entities call sold out is not equal to all the available tickets actually being sold. It is some unannounced percentage thereof.

I wish everyone here a pleasant and successful season next year.

While I may attend some games ... I have not renewed my season seats.

A 13%er as it were ...

According to ESPN.com the Oilers were 98.4% sold out, 18500 is the listed capacity of Rogers for hockey according to Wikipedia but the team sold 18,347 since they have opened in Rogers 3 years in a row which must be the number of available tickets for hockey. I think the variance of 153 may be the reserve number of seats the team holds for visiting players, special guests, etc that they put on sale at about 2 PM game day.

In any case 87% of 18500 is 16095 and 15962 if 18347 is the hockey number. Unless the season ticket number is 17000 (because I think they reserve 1500 for non STH) which would make it 14,790 seasons seats sold. In any case it sounds like they have sold between 15-16000 seasons seats.

The Fake News thing just struck a nerve, it is such an overused phrase these days thanks to a certain orange President to shut down any discussion and essentially accuse others of lying without supporting your own argument with any factual data.

I remain an 87 percenter LOL

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
Where
Are
The
Screen
Shots!?!?!?!?!

Screen shots won't be hugely helpful because the Oilers restrict which open seats are shown to each season ticket holder. What someone sees as available may not be what you see when it is your turn.

PuckLuckHomer

Nov 15, 2017
Screen shots won't be hugely helpful because the Oilers restrict which open seats are shown to each season ticket holder. What someone sees as available may not be what you see when it is your turn.
What do you mean by this? Does someobe with more seniority get access to different parts of the arena? I have never heard of this.....

YEGman

Dec 21, 2009
Edmonton
Although I did not renew this year after 25 years, last year on the Relocation Event I was able to see all Sections of Regular Seats by navigating. The only areas that were not available were Premium Seats like Loge and Luxury Suites.

I was Upper Bowl but could easily see that seats were available in the Lower Bowl but was not really interested in them so only looked at a few areas. Last year before the dumpster fire I was looking to get two Upper Drink Rail but only singles were available so I stuck with what I had.

Whether or not they do not show all available seats is an open question I guess. Insofar as seniority last year, I was in at 11:30 a.m. on day one.

Reactions: PuckLuckHomer

oilers106

Nov 25, 2008
Lots to choose from in upper bowl. No Drink rail. Lots of pairs and 4s in all price ranges

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->