Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Have registry members got the invite yet? Can’t remember if it happened before or after the seat relocation.

Saw a billboard today on the yellowhead advertising Oilers season tickets, haven’t seen that in awhile!

oilers106

Nov 25, 2008
Oilers sent out relocation dates and times...what are everyone’s times?

I got Thursday June 13 @ 1:45 pm

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Oilers sent out relocation dates and times...what are everyone’s times?

I got Thursday June 13 @ 1:45 pm
June 14 @9. Looking to move up a few rows and maybe over a section. Otherwise my seats are good, finally got to where I wanted to be last year.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Got mine for June 13 @ 1:00 pm looking to move back a couple rows but only if there isle seats. Won’t give up isle seats for non isle

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
June 13 at 10:00. I'm pretty happy where I'm at but I'd move up a few rows and closer to centre in the section if it's available.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
June 13 at 10:00. I'm pretty happy where I'm at but I'd move up a few rows and closer to centre in the section if it's available.

Me too.

I'm curious to see how many deserters we have going into 2019/20. I am least likely to move. On DRL and based on what I've heard people don't leave.

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
Does anyone know what day the relocation starts? So far the earliest day quoted is June 13.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
The Oilers are so stupid...locker room sale my son wanted a $12 hat so after we bought it they changed it to $6....start with the right f***ing prices instead of trying to make an extra 6 f***ing $...sorry sir that 'promotion didn't start yet' was the reason

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Oilers are so stupid...locker room sale my son wanted a $12 hat so after we bought it they changed it to $6....start with the right ****ing prices instead of trying to make an extra 6 ****ing $...sorry sir that 'promotion didn't start yet' was the reason
In fairness though that is not unlike how a lot of auctions are conducted. A suggested price may be in excess of the final price. For instance if after an item is auctioned, if the final bid price is much lower than expected, and there are lots of the available product, the price can either be reestablished to a lower point in which people can subsequently buy in at that point if any stock is left.

The Oilers really just doing what any clearance sale would do given the goal is distribution, and a clearing out. In such situations waiting is not a bad idea. Prices almost always go down in clearance sale situations.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Received what looked like the standard request from the Oilers to renew our season tickets (which we cancelled last year), and pretty funny to see their list of reasons for me to want to get back in the game. Below the hirings of Holland and Tippet that were mentioned is a line speaking to the numerous guys that are no longer with them. In other words, "Hey, we fired them, or these guys have left, so give us another chance please!" Hilarious marketing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Received what looked like the standard request from the Oilers to renew our season tickets (which we cancelled last year), and pretty funny to see their list of reasons for me to want to get back in the game. Below the hirings of Holland and Tippet that were mentioned is a line speaking to the numerous guys that are no longer with them. In other words, "Hey, we fired them, or these guys have left, so give us another chance please!" Hilarious marketing.

It is funny I agree but a lot of people said fire the OBC and I’ll renew so I wonder if they are playing on that sentiment?

Still I’ve never seen anything like it before. The marketing dept isn’t the sharpest with the Oilers I’ll agree to that!

Reactions: CanmoreMike

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
It is funny I agree but a lot of people said fire the OBC and I’ll renew so I wonder if they are playing on that sentiment?

Still I’ve never seen anything like it before. The marketing dept isn’t the sharpest with the Oilers I’ll agree to that!

The marketing department doesn't have the hassle of competing with another of the big-4 pro sports teams (sorry Eskimos) so they don't have to have the sharpest game. I think I said it earlier - hopefully the Oilers realize they do have competition - against their former selves and the bar they set so low - that they compete to be even better than that to regain both the STH and the casual ticket buyer's loyalty.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Looking forward to see how many tix available when renewal start today. Please update with screenshots, for those who are wary.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers season seats renewals are at 87% according to Anselmi

Its quite incredible that it is this high. It does seem like the seeming plurality of those voicing "I'm not renewing" online and in social media are not at all reflective of the resounding plurality that did renew. 87% renewal is solid considering how little the Oilers have delivereded on STH investment.

With such an aging and longterm STH demographic as the Oilers have figures around 90% would have to be thought of as pretty normal. Afairc STH are capped out at around 16K which means they have around 2K STH to sell to somebody else.

jmo that this org deserves less faith than they are getting from STH.

I do think the playoffs help. This postseason has pretty much confirmed the orgs, and Katz stated notion that just get in the playoffs and anything can happen narrative. That part is true. The new NHL is parity, and post season results are reduced to random. You can't even pick a SC favorite these days. Its a losing betting proposition.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I’m not surprised season ticket renewal is that high, it probably should be. The fans were angry at how the team was being run. The team responded by making massive front office changes that look meaningful for a change. For once, the organization has made the effort to hold up its end of the bargain. I don’t believe they did four years ago, but I do this time. Unless you can’t afford the tickets anymore, why wouldn’t you want to renew?

Reactions: boredem

oilers106

Nov 25, 2008
sounded like he said 80 something... not 87 but regardless higher than i thought it would have been

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I’m not surprised season ticket renewal is that high, it probably should be. The fans were angry at how the team was being run. The team responded by making massive front office changes that look meaningful for a change. For once, the organization has made the effort to hold up its end of the bargain. I don’t believe they did four years ago, but I do this time. Unless you can’t afford the tickets anymore, why wouldn’t you want to renew?

The massive front office changes have definitely helped, no way it's that high with Chia still running the show.

They also added some perks finally. People on these boards who love to whine say they aren't enough but I am actually looking forward to a tour of the building and to go see a practice. I also don't think people utilize their account reps enough, I know a few people who just ignore their e-mails. My account rep has got me into the hall of fame room, got me food and booze at the game, helped me get extra seats, all sorts of stuff. I try and interact with her frequently and it's a huge perk as well.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I often wonder how much anger there is in just being a season ticket holder, specially when shared or a family thing. Personally, I believe that participating in a board like this is maybe an anger accelerator since it leads me to believe the Oilers matter when they are not playing.

Don’t take this as a slam on the board, I participate because I like being part of the board. But if you are not here or on talk radio, it is likely easier to parcel the tickets into a different (maybe expensive) but enjoyable part of your brain.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I also don't think people utilize their account reps enough, I know a few people who just ignore their e-mails. My account rep has got me into the hall of fame room, got me food and booze at the game, helped me get extra seats, all sorts of stuff. I try and interact with her frequently and it's a huge perk as well.

So what's the trick with this - I think I read a similar comment from you earlier in this thread but it might have been from someone else.

What are some strategies to get the most out of my account rep?

I'd love to get some free grub and also see the Hall of Fame room.

I also heard from my neighbours to our left that their account rep "screwed up (something) really bad" and got them free tickets to the Sportsnet Lounge for one game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad