Season Seat Renewals

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
me and a few of my friends want to go to leafs game on Mar 16, better to buy tickets now or try and wait closer to game time?

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
A suggestion for those who may want to catch a game, support the players, but not support EM.

Be on the lookout for local charity gala's with silent auctions where the Sens are a sponsor. Easy way to pick-up 100 level tickets at far below retail and the money goes to the charity.

I paid $65 (Gala Ticket) + $60 (100 Level ticket) at a recent gala. (times two of course)

He still got my parking money though (shakes fist in the air).

Smart and right up my alley. I refuse to drop another dime on the Sens so I'd do what you did but I'd take an Uber. Do you think they'd let me in with my MelnykOut hat (one cause I have no problem supporting)?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
But logically and necessarily, supporting Chabot, Tkachuk and "whoever is left" also directly supports EM.
That is part of the poison pill everyone takes around here. I choose not to think that way. Not calling anyone dumb, but it is dumb way to think.

To all those who think like that. If the Senators win the Stanley Cup, they way you all go on and on about EM...when Bettman hands over the Cup, you all make it sound like he gets it first. Is that logical?

So no, I will cheer for the players who play for this city. Not for the dick owner.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
That is part of the poison pill everyone takes around here. I choose not to think that way. Not calling anyone dumb, but it is dumb way to think.

To all those who think like that. If the Senators win the Stanley Cup, they way you all go on and on about EM...when Bettman hands over the Cup, you all make it sound like he gets it first. Is that logical?

So no, I will cheer for the players who play for this city. Not for the dick owner.
Sens aren’t winning the cup with Melnyk as owner so we have nothing to worry about.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Doesn't the released information say "price freeze on 80% of seasons tickets" ?

I'm sure stuff like Club Bell and top tier seats on the glass / boxes etc increased like they do every year.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
i love this gif just wanted to post it.

Attachments

• correct sir.gif
    correct sir.gif
    2 MB · Views: 32

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa

It’s funny, because from where I stand, you’re the one swallowing the horse-sized poison pill and it’s the “dumb-thinkers” who have chosen to spit it out.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON

How about you just support the boys by watching them on TV and not giving Eugene any money at the CTC?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sens aren’t winning the cup with Melnyk as owner so we have nothing to worry about.

Would people seriously be upset if the senators won the cup with melnyk as the owner?

I'd be thrilled if the Sens won the cup if they were owned by Kevin Spacey and jussi smollett

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
Everyone is entitled to do whatever it is that they want. If someone says that they are buying tickets to support the players and not the owner, more power to them. My view however is that every penny that goes to this organization is enabling the owner to continue to take advantage of the fan base and the city. Melnyk has demonstrate that his interests are not in building anything. His sole intention is to line his pockets and if fans aren't convinced of that yet, well...I don't really know what to say. His minion Dorion has told more lies on his behalf than Sean Spicer told for Trump.

I've said it before - Ottawa fans are passionate but they are not stupid. When the Glieberman's owned the Rough Riders the first time, they lied to the fans and the fans walked away. When they came back the second time, they at least had the courtesy to tell the fans that they weren't interested in building a real team and the fans walked away. Same thing with Chen. When Hunt and the new ownership group came in they told fans that the team was going to suck at first but they were going to build it right. They brought in a high-end management team, a solid coaching staff, character players, and guess what - the fans came back in droves.

Ottawa fans need hope, direction and truth. Lie to us and we walk. Melnyk and Dorion have made a habit of the latter and I for one am proud to take on a long Ottawa tradition of protesting with my feet when a sports team tries to screw the fan base for profit.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It’s funny, because from where I stand, you’re the one swallowing the horse-sized poison pill and it’s the “dumb-thinkers” who have chosen to spit it out.
No, but predictable response from an abandoner who is self righteous and proud about it.

What part of supporting the players you don’t understand? If you want to lump in Chabot and Tkachuk with Melnyk, go for it. That sounds like a poison pill to me . A pill that has allowed you to think that way.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Everyone is entitled to do whatever it is that they want. If someone says that they are buying tickets to support the players and not the owner, more power to them. My view however is that every penny that goes to this organization is enabling the owner to continue to take advantage of the fan base and the city. Melnyk has demonstrate that his interests are not in building anything. His sole intention is to line his pockets and if fans aren't convinced of that yet, well...I don't really know what to say. His minion Dorion has told more lies on his behalf than Sean Spicer told for Trump.

I've said it before - Ottawa fans are passionate but they are not stupid. When the Glieberman's owned the Rough Riders the first time, they lied to the fans and the fans walked away. When they came back the second time, they at least had the courtesy to tell the fans that they weren't interested in building a real team and the fans walked away. Same thing with Chen. When Hunt and the new ownership group came in they told fans that the team was going to suck at first but they were going to build it right. They brought in a high-end management team, a solid coaching staff, character players, and guess what - the fans came back in droves.

Ottawa fans need hope, direction and truth. Lie to us and we walk. Melnyk and Dorion have made a habit of the latter and I for one am proud to take on a long Ottawa tradition of protesting with my feet when a sports team tries to screw the fan base for profit.

Yeah, people really showed the 67s this year. Yay Ottawa.

And by the way, no one kept the fans away from Lansdowne. Not even the Gliebermans . Not even Horn Chen. For the crap that went on there, attendance was still better than most markets at that time . I was as diehard as they came for the Rough Riders. Too bad this city feels like they need to be in the boardroom of the Ottawa Senators on every decision and taking everything personally.

As you stated, people are free to do what they want. But everyone is to blame for the fiasco in Ottawa.

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
Yeah, people really showed the 67s this year. Yay Ottawa.

And by the way, no one kept the fans away from Lansdowne. Not even the Gliebermans . Not even Horn Chen. For the crap that went on there, attendance was still better than most markets at that time . I was as diehard as they came for the Rough Riders. Too bad this city feels like they need to be in the boardroom of the Ottawa Senators on every decision and taking everything personally.

As you stated, people are free to do what they want. But everyone is to blame for the fiasco in Ottawa.

I take being lied to repeatedly personally. I take an owner who has taken a team that had one of the best cores in the league and pissing it away because he didn't want to spend dollar one to win personally. I take a GM who is so out of touch with the fan base it borders on comical personally. You may not care that you are being played - but a lot of us do.

As for the Rough Riders, I worked at Landsdowne when the team first got dismantled. If you want to call that good attendance, you can but it sure didn't seem that way to me.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I take being lied to repeatedly personally. I take an owner who has taken a team that had one of the best cores in the league and pissing it away because he didn't want to spend dollar one to win personally. I take a GM who is so out of touch with the fan base it borders on comical personally. You may not care that you are being played - but a lot of us do.

As for the Rough Riders, I worked at Landsdowne when the team first got dismantled. If you want to call that good attendance, you can but it sure didn't seem that way to me.

Never missed a game, myself. And all things considered, and I mean all, we had great crowds for garbage teams. That 9-9 season was one of my favourite seasons ever.

Being “played” or not is not the entire point of the Ottawa Senators as it seems to be for many here. People can say they are lies, I see it differently in some cases. Business plans change and decisions have to be made. Sucks for us, for sure.

But I go to the games to cheer for Tkachuk, White, Chabot and the rest of the guys who wear our jersey. Just the way I am wired.

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
Never missed a game, myself. And all things considered, and I mean all, we had great crowds for garbage teams. That 9-9 season was one of my favourite seasons ever.

Being “played” or not is not the entire point of the Ottawa Senators as it seems to be for many here. People can say they are lies, I see it differently in some cases. Business plans change and decisions have to be made. Sucks for us, for sure.

But I go to the games to cheer for Tkachuk, White, Chabot and the rest of the guys who wear our jersey. Just the way I am wired.

Fair enough on all points. Like we've all said, it's up to each of us to decide what we'll do.

Reactions: coladin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad