Season Seat Renewals

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Feels like its just letting them win to turn around and hand over money again or even to just buy in on excitement about the youth. We needed some acceptance of responsibility, some apologies, some humility, but Instead we just got told to "get a new girlfriend." It's going to be a while for a lot of fans.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
How quickly some are ready to turn the page. Now that everyone's been sold off it's back to lecturing the bad fans for not going?

Why do we have to make this an us vs them thing?

We are all Sens fans. Some people still want to go to the games. Power to them. Some people refuse to go. Power to them

I didn't buy a ticket this year. I might next year to see some of the youth.

We are all just fans with differing opinions.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

We are all Sens fans. Some people still want to go to the games. Power to them. Some people refuse to go. Power to them

That's a fair point. I didn't like some of the comments by Coladin, but I will take responsibility. The only feeling I have towards this organization these days is strong hatred and unfortunately that's about all I've been contributing around here lately.

I'm trying to just walk away from this team forever, but it's been harder than anticipated.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

Because people gravitate to tribalism.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That's a fair point. I didn't like some of the comments by Coladin, but I will take responsibility. The only feeling I have towards this organization these days is strong hatred and unfortunately that's about all I've been contributing around here lately.

I'm trying to just walk away from this team forever, but it's been harder than anticipated.

Cheer up man. I know i poke at some of you guys now and again but try to take some positives away from it. We've got some young talent. We've got a lot of picks over the next few years. And i do believe something will happen on the ownership front. This market has made it pretty clear uncle Eugene isn't wanted. Something is going to give on that front.

Reactions: topshelf15

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's crazy to require a championship to be a fan really. With soon to be 32 teams in the league, the majority of fans will probably neverneve a cup win in their lifetimes.

Just enjoy the ride.

It sucks right now, but next season there will be a team of you later with hopefully a few free agent vets added to it. And it'll be fun to watch them develop. And if they suck... They'll have their pick again

This year was just a waste. It can only get better from here

I don't think that's what people are saying.

I don't want my team to feel like a lottery ticket, where there's a 1 on 10 million chance of winning the grand prize. With Melynk as owner, those are pretty much the odds of Ottawa seeing the Cup.

If we have a different owner and a 1 in 32 chance at the Cup, because we're actually spending with the rest of the league (and not just talking player salaries here)....sign me up!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I had a whole response typed up and just deleted it.

Who cares anymore. **** this team and the idiots running it.
You weren’t the troll I was referring to. My responses were as milquetoast as they get. Not sure why that has you so riled up.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Cheer up man. I know i poke at some of you guys now and again but try to take some positives away from it. We've got some young talent. We've got a lot of picks over the next few years. And i do believe something will happen on the ownership front. This market has made it pretty clear uncle Eugene isn't wanted. Something is going to give on that front.
I appreciate the sentiment. It's been a long couple years for all Senators fans no matter where you stand.

I just can't buy in on the youth with Eugene still here. I know where that's going to lead and I'm not going to do that to myself. Not while he's sitting up there laughing at all of us and having his staff patronize us at every media availability. 22 years I've followed this team religiously and and they still can't show me a single bit of humility, empathy or regret, all I got was told to "get over it and get a new girlfriend." They win, I'm getting a new girlfriend, but it's going to be another team altogether.

It's just time to move on until something in ownership changes. If that never happens, then just stay away for good.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm surprised I got an invite to this even though I cancelled my 20 year season seat account last week.

Sounds like they'd have to give you one hell of a good answer to the best question you can come up with..

Sorry state when they can't hang on to such loyal customers

Reactions: billpo

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Seems like our guy is back at it again hosting a call in panel for the remaining fans who still haven't gotten enough punishment, looking forward to the inevitable foot in mouth quotes!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

We know how good he is with percentages so ...

Self-fulfilling prophecy at work.

1) claim you can't afford to do x (even if you can)
2) stop paying for x
3) people stop paying for your product now that x is gone
4) lower prices to entice people to start buying your product again
5) you need to account for those lower prices in your budget, so now you ACTUALLY can't afford x even if you wanted to because you are charging less for the product.
6) claim #1 becomes true, in retrospect

Reactions: stempniaksen

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Self fulfilling prophecy at work.

1) claim you can't afford to do x (even if you can)
2) stop paying for x
3) people stop paying for your product now that x is gone
4) lower prices to entice people to buy your product
5) you need to account for those lower prices in your budget, so now you ACTUALLY can't afford x even if you wanted to because you are charging less for the product.
6) claim #1 becomes true, in retrospect

Have to be some extremely loyal fans to continue to pony up thousands for season tickets .. Especially when you can see almost every game live if you want from the bargain bin. The team needs support but ... I certainly would not continue buying if I was in a position to.

Would you continue going to the same grocery store if half the shelves were empty and what was on them was past dated in many cases.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Have to be some extremely loyal fans to continue to pony up thousands for season tickets .. Especially when you can see almost every game live if you want from the bargain bin. The team needs support but ... I certainly would not continue buying if I was in a position to.

Would you continue going to the same grocery store if half the shelves were empty and what was on them was past dated in many cases.

I would blame the people of the city for not donating their money to this grocery store to keep it open!

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Dorion pretty much belittled break-up of long-term relationships when he traded stone...Sens fans should take his advice: move on, get a new girl/boyfriend, plenty of fish in the sea other than the Sens.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Dorion pretty much belittled break-up of long-term relationships when he traded stone...Sens fans should take his advice: move on, get a new girl/boyfriend, plenty of fish in the sea other than the Sens.

I'm not going to do what Dorion tells me to.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Any STH's have a pic of the one piece jump suit that the Sens are offering to long time ticket holders.. 5 yr/full season; 10y yr half season.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So they are offering discounts and token gifts ,instead of an actual nhl team???Seems legit ,hope the place is empty and EM really feels the pain

Reactions: Beville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad