Season Officially Suspended -- COVID-19/Coronavirus Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagans Blues

Apr 12, 2019
USA
The fact that we have to see these kinds of things on video should make you question how much we don't get to see. From a single week, we have over 350 instances of police attacking peaceful protestors because they can. We've had 4x more arrests of protestors than after a year in Hong Kong. We have people who are clearly not a threat arrested and labeled as agitators. This while ordeal should make it clear how common it is for police to be willing to and use excessive force. It's common enough to be a problem that needs to be addressed.
Just because someone isn't attacking the police, doesnt mean they're being peaceful. If others are pelting police with rocks and bricks and the police now deem the gathering to be unlawful, everyone has to leave the area, even if you didnt throw anything. A lot of times they dont and they have to be cleared. Police aren't out here just randomly attacking people carrying signs.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
He also could have turned around and walked the other direction like they were asking him too. Maybe they didnt want to arrest him and were giving him a chance to walk away so they gave him a shove the other direction. He saw and opportunity to get a couple cops in trouble and fell. They barely pushed him.

oh so now we are acting like it was the guys plan all along, He woke up and said "Man if I can just get blood to come out my ears, that will get some cops in trouble"... That is some goal post moving/boot licking theory right there.

Reactions: Blueston

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
The old man you referenced reached towards an officers belt which has weapons on it, he's fortunate to still be breathing. Did you ever ask yourself why an elderly man would just happen to be confronting a large group of riot control police and reaching towards a weapon? And reaching towards an officers belt that contains weapons qualifies as "no threat, zero." to you?

try rewatching the video...

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just because someone isn't attacking the police, doesnt mean they're being peaceful. If others are pelting police with rocks and bricks and the police now deem the gathering to be unlawful, everyone has to leave the area, even if you didnt throw anything. A lot of times they dont and they have to be cleared. Police aren't out here just randomly attacking people carrying signs.

seems like the definition of peaceful protesting

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I though hmmm I have not watched the video in the last few days maybe I am mistaken, So I just watched three times again, the guy has a helmet tucked under one hand and waving a phone around in the other... You, exactly like the cops in this situation just lied. He did not reach for ANYTHING. He did not trip, he was pushed and 20+ cops could have easily grabbed the guys arms and arrested him. Go ahead and watch the video again.

He walked towards riot police, he then reached towards one officers belt. Again, he initiated the contact. When you initiate physical contact with officers you run the risk of being hurt or killed. BTW they're trained to get some distance between themselves and the person violently confronting them but you skipped right over that part so now who's lying?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
He walked towards riot police, he then reached towards one officers belt. Again, he initiated the contact. When you initiate physical contact with officers you run the risk of being hurt or killed. BTW they're trained to get some distance between themselves and the person violently confronting them but you skipped right over that part so now who's lying?

1. I guess you are still going to continue that lie
2. Still you ....

Reagans Blues

Apr 12, 2019
USA
oh so now we are acting like it was the guys plan all along, He woke up and said "Man if I can just get blood to come out my ears, that will get some cops in trouble"... That is some goal post moving/boot licking theory right there.
To get injured like that? Probably not. To agitate the police and get a reaction. Possibly. I don't know why you think that's so crazy. It happens all the time.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
his hands are full in addition to him not reaching for the cops belt

Really? So I noticed you failed to address why he's approaching riot police who are clearly there to clear the street. And you're telling ME to watch again? Lol alrighty then.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Being just about as old as that old man, and being stronger, and better with balance than he (based on how he fell), i would guess that he wouldn't want to risk even a planned fall, because if he'd have landed with a certain amount of force on the wrong part of his head, he could have died. It didn't look even remotely like he deliberately let himself fall. No 75-year-old that I know would deliberately fall backwards onto cement or concrete in order to "get a policeman into trouble", or, for that matter, for any other reason. And he's tall, too. His head had a long way to come down. If he had fallen backwards on purpose, he'd have instinctively tried to cushion the fall with some twist and attempt to brace himself, or avoid hitting his head straight on. Saying he did that on purpose is ludicrous.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Really? So I noticed you failed to address why he's approaching riot police who are clearly there to clear the street. And you're telling ME to watch again? Lol alrighty then.

Hes an elderly man protesting with a helmet and a cell phone

they are in full riot gear

who the f*** CARES why he walked up there, he didnt deserve to have his head smash the pavement and bleed out of his ear

common sense should tell someone not to push an elderly person as they will likely fall and suffer horrible injuries.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Being just about as old as that old man, and being stronger, and better with balance than he (based on how he fell), i would guess that he wouldn't want to risk even a planned fall, because if he'd have landed with a certain amount of force on the wrong part of his head, he could have died. It didn't look even remotely like he deliberately let himself fall. No 75-year-old that I know would deliberately fall backwards onto cement or concrete in order to "get a policeman into trouble", or, for that matter, for any other reason. And he's tall, too. His head had a long way to come down. If he had fallen backwards on purpose, he'd have instinctively tried to cushion the fall with some twist and attempt to brace himself, or avoid hitting his head straight on. Saying he did that on purpose is ludicrous.

I agree Robb, it is the sad state of America that people want to police to have immunity to any criticism or over sight.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Apparently the WHO is saying that the risk of asymptomatic spreaders is pretty small. Not really sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. There is an obvious good with it, but the bad side is, if that is actually true, then why didn't the people showing symptoms stay home to prevent spread.

Reagans Blues

Apr 12, 2019
USA
Have they considered just arresting the violent protestor throwing things rather than macing children and beating random people with batons
Well generally the violent protesters throwing things are standing behind hundreds of people. Also would like to know what innocent peaceful protesters were beat with batons?

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
Hes an elderly man protesting with a helmet and a cell phone

they are in full riot gear

who the f*** CARES why he walked up there, he didnt deserve to have his head smash the pavement and bleed out of his ear

common sense should tell someone not to push an elderly person as they will likely fall and suffer horrible injuries.

Well common sense suggests you not physically confront riot police but the old man went ahead and did that. So you answered my "Why did he initiate physical contact with riot police?" question by saying....

"Who the f*** cares why he went up there..". So I guess the whole common sense thing is right out the window if it doesn't fit your narrative huh?

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Well common sense suggests you not physically confront riot police but the old man went ahead and did that. So you answered my "Why did he initiate physical contact with riot police?" question by saying....

"Who the f*** cares why he went up there..". So I guess the whole common sense thing is right out the window if it doesn't fit your narrative huh?

physically confront the police

this is honestly pathetic, hes a 75 year old man who was pushed over by a group of young men in riot gear and you defend it

take a lap fella

Reactions: Blueston

Reagans Blues

Apr 12, 2019
USA

heres a personal favourite where the police pepper spray protestors from their moving police cruisers

That LA video without any context is useless. Same with the Minneapolis video however it definitely looks worse on the surface.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
That LA video without any context is useless. Same with the Minneapolis video however it definitely looks worse on the surface.

sorry what? please give me context that would make this okay? the first guy in the video has his hands in the air while hes being beaten

and the second video is a drive by pepper spraying of people holding signs

please, enlighten me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad