NPPG: Season 4 of the Nashville Predators Points Game

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
By the grace of God and a long handled spoon I am doing good but....I liked being able to pick opposing players as well. I do however love multiple folks being able to pick the same guys, that way if you space on making a pick you aren't saddled with a 3rd pairing D-man....that will be on you at the end of the month.

As always, thanks Jonesey!

Reactions: Jonesey

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm enjoying the unexpected success I've found in two lucky night from bottom-six players.

Many of us theorized, that the selections would be dominated by top-six/top-four and goalies as that should take up the majority (10) games each month.

But I've now accumulated half of my season points in two games by picking Sissons and Watson on night they got a hat trick. I think I got an assist or goal out of Hartman as well.

Just don't be afraid to take these guys, figure out where they should have an impact. I took Sissons in Colorado based on his career numbers there. Took Watson last night because he's hot since coming back and I knew it would be a nasty physical game and he's the type of player who has always fed off of that environment.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
To me it is just a novelty, guessing which player might be hot any particular night. none of my 'strategies' have been effective.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I used to have strategies when we did it the last few seasons but this season has just been a Trainwreck for my picks.

Ah well it was bound to happen at some point!

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Yes , train wreck for me, and like some I would pick where I thought was logical and then the player did it 2 games later. I may do alphabetical next month, I swear I'd have more success... lol

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So 4 games in I chose...the same guy I chose 2 games before while looking at my list with him on it. I'm gonna chalk that up to being somewhat feverish. Ha! I'm better now, but if I pick Fiala again, please alert the authorities.

Edit:
Oh, and even with picking the same player twice in 4 games and getting 0 points I've still equaled last month. So there's that.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I'm guessing some folks may be frustrated at the pace of the game under this years rules. Not being able to choose opposing players means some games nobody gets points, and not being able to choose a top line player several times a month(if you are fast enough) has kept the field relatively bunched.

For those thinking of quitting( or who already have) know this... 26th place (currently @hockey diva... who quit like a month ago) is only one hattrick from the playoff line. One lucky pick can move you up multiple spots.

So, in summary, I encourage folks to keep playing, and hang in there..

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Some days I guess you have to actually work.
This is my busy season so even I have to curtail the daily web surfing. Lots of forms to fill out and submit--the most entertaining part of my year. I am being completely serious.

No one at work gets it, either. That's why I am the one doing it while they make swirly pictures that move.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
So the lowest scoring forward seems to be Shiefle at 2 if I counted right? And Crosby is worth 17?

Atlantic Metropolitan
F Jack Eichel, BUF 2F Sebastian Aho, CAR 5
F Nikita Kucherov, TBL 0F Cam Atkinson, CBJ 8
F Auston Matthews, TOR 0F Mathew Barzal, NYI 8
F Jeff Skinner, BUF 2F Sidney Crosby, PIT 17
F David Pastrnak, BOS 2F Claude Giroux, PHI3
F Steven Stamkos, TBL 2F Kyle Palmeri, NJD 3
F John Tavares, TOR3D John Carlson, WSH 1
D Thomas Chabot, OTT0D Seth Jones, CBJ 6
D Keith Yandle, FLA 1D Kris Letang, PIT 7
Central Pacific
F Patrick Kane, CHI 6F Johnny Gaudreau, CGY 2
F Nathan MacKinnon, COL 0F Clayton Keller, ARI 0
F Ryan O'Reilly, STL 9F Connor McDavid, EDM 1
F Mikko Rantanen, COL 10F Joe Pavelski, SJS 2
F Mark Scheifele, WPG 2F Elias Pettersson, VAN 0
F Blake Wheeler, WPG 5F Leon Draisaitl, EDM 0
F Gabriel Landeskog, COL 13D Brent Burns, SJS 3
D Miro Heiskanen, DAL 0D Drew Doughty, LAK 0
D Roman Josi, NSH 7D Erik Karlsson, SJS4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
So the difference in giving MacKinnon pickers 2 points vs 0 points was me losing out on 2 points in the points game. Everyone else would have had the same amount either way. :confused:

Reactions: Drake744

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
PosterPointsNPPG Points
Drake7446320
Adz6017
PredsV825915
AnalogKid5915
jumb05812
Legionnaire115610