NPPG: Season 4 of the Nashville Predators Points Game

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Welcome back to the NPPG!

We are ready to get started on Season 4, with some modified rule changes to hopefully make the game more fun for everyone and not have to worry about who started a thread or who someone else has picked.

You will pick one player from the Nashville Predators roster, regardless of if someone else has selected that player.

RULES:
May not pick the same player within the same month.
Player picking ends at puck drop.
If you select someone who does not play, you will not lose that player to be picked later in the month. The exception will be goaltenders. If you select a goaltender that is not starting but is dressed, that would still count as a pick.

POINTS SCORING:

Players:
Goal: 2pts
Assist: 1pt
Hat Trick: 10pts
4 goals: 15pts
5 goals: 20pts
5 for Fighting: 1pt
Gordie Howe Hat Trick(Gx2pts, Ax2pts, Fightx2pts): 8pts

Goalies:
Win/OT/Shoot Out Win: 2pts
Shutout loss: 3pts
Shutout win: 5pts
Picking Goalie that comes off the bench: 5pts(I.E. Saros comes in any time during the game to replace Rinne, you are awarded 5pts).
Goal: 5pts
Assist: 2pts
5 for fighting: 5pts

Good luck!
NPPG Champions

SeasonRegular SeasonPlayoffs
2015-2016Roman YoshiWeeze
2016-2017GratefulpredRoman Yoshi
2017-2018ScoresbergDatsyukian Deke
2018-2019AnalogKidNoNecksCurse
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
upload_2019-3-26_15-57-4.png

Players with points who did not pick the previous month:

FossilFndr - 48
predfan98 - 37
RomanYoshi - 20
JustaFinnishGuy - 17
Lumpy66 - 15
hockey diva - 13
DominikBokkFan - 8
teddyli - 2
101st_fan - 2
TheOriginalJez - 2
torero - 1​

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I like it. No more racing to get the first post.
But I would agree doing it this way you probly need to make it go more than 5 games before you repeat. It would be very complicated to keep up with but another alternative would be requiring that in those 5 games you can only take a forward twice a defenseman twice and you must take a goalie once or something along that line. 10 games before you repeat would be hard to keep up with (for you and us) but would get more separation over time

Thank you in advance for doing this again Jonesey. I'm sure it's a lot of work

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I like the new rules too.

Suggestion to avoid repeating; you can only pick the player once a month. There are 12-14 games a month (except in April when there's 3), which would mean you'd have to pick 12-14 different players.

We'd have the depth to do that as our Top 6 forwards + Top 4 defensemen + goalies is 12 players and they're all pretty good, and then there are guys like Bonino, Hartman, Sissons and Jarnkrok, so it's not like you'd be forced to pick between Matt Irwin's and Zac Rinaldo's of the world at any point unless you wanted to.

NightowlPred

Apr 7, 2017
I like the changes and agree on further limiting the pick of players to avoid a never ending cycle of the same five players.

How about Jonesy based pools the players into pools of 5 depending on points expected at the beginning of the season. You are only allowed to pick from each pool once every 5 games. So you have to decide in what order you wanna hit the pools and you keep that order throughout the season?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I like the changes and agree on further limiting the pick of players to avoid a never ending cycle of the same five players.

How about Jonesy based pools the players into pools of 5 depending on points expected at the beginning of the season. You are only allowed to pick from each pool once every 5 games. So you have to decide in what order you wanna hit the pools and you keep that order throughout the season?
Key is to make it as easy on him ( and us ) to keep up with. I'd be afraid that would be a bit rough to plug into a spreadsheet.

The monthly idea might work pretty well, as then he could just start each month with the previous point total and everyone's slate is clean.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
It’ll be lots to keep up with as far as making sure everyone isn’t picking the same player within the 5-game span. I really like @KING Weber’s idea, actually.
Should be a lot of fun this year.. starting the thread should be a ton easier now.

Reactions: Jonesey

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I like the new rules too.

Suggestion to avoid repeating; you can only pick the player once a month. There are 12-14 games a month (except in April when there's 3), which would mean you'd have to pick 12-14 different players.

We'd have the depth to do that as our Top 6 forwards + Top 4 defensemen + goalies is 12 players and they're all pretty good, and then there are guys like Bonino, Hartman, Sissons and Jarnkrok, so it's not like you'd be forced to pick between Matt Irwin's and Zac Rinaldo's of the world at any point unless you wanted to.

GREAT idea.

So great in fact, it's now the law of the land.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Well phooey, I liked being able to pick an opposing player. :(

I will give the new rules a try and see how it goes.

I get the frustration, but last season some games were a shitshow with people rushing to make picks, skipping other people's picks, some people not getting a good pick due to work/sleep hours, etc. This should be a way to balance all of those complaints.

If it doesn't work, we can always go back next season!

Reactions: PredsV82

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i think the rules are perfect. no repeats for a calendar month. should be plenty to pick from and no opposing players. nice job!

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Like the changes. Should be fun!

I assume that there's no limit now on creating the thread back to back, but are we sticking with 24 hours before?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

I assume that there's no limit now on creating the thread back to back, but are we sticking with 24 hours before?
I would assume so being he didn't state that change. Being the first no longer has any advantage so it won't matter when or where it starts.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee

Correct, anyone can start the thread, and the 24 hour period is a loose rule. No need to freak out if someone is a bit early on the creation time.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

I would think there is no reason to have a restriction. I would simply suggest not getting more than one game ahead of the schedule.

I like this format because as the season goes on there will be some element of strategy in looking at who you are chasing in the standings has already used...

In fact, now that the rules are set, I'm going to get the party started... 1st game thread is up

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I would think there is no reason to have a restriction. I would simply suggest not getting more than one game ahead of the schedule.

I like this format because as the season goes on there will be some element of strategy in looking at who you are chasing in the standings has already used...
Well now things like looking at a players history against certain teams come into play. Like Sissons against Anaheim or Watsom against Colorado for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad