NPPG: Season 4 of the Nashville Predators Points Game

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Okay gosh. I didn't move a bit or actually went down, lol.

Not my year. I won't be playing anymore until next season. You can do whatever you need with my place on your spreadsheet.. leave me or delete, whatever is easier..

Go ladies, please win!

Thanks jonesey......

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
You know, for most of this season, it's felt like NPPG was lower scoring and that it was more difficult this year to gain points.

But I figured the ASG was a great time to compare to last season. The numbers are nearly identical, with season 4 being about 1 point head at every spot.

The leading team in season 3 had 57 points, this year it's 58.

6 teams had 50 points at the break last year, this time 5 teams have 50 points.

The playoff line was 32 points in season 3, and it's 33 points in season 4.

3 teams had 30+ points below the playoff line last year, this season 5 teams are out of a playoff spot with 30+.

I'm pretty shocked to see how similar the numbers are, I guess it feels more frustrating to some players this year, but really it's a much more fair system and the changes didn't dramatically change the essence of the game or the results.

Success is a matter of picking every game, and finding a bit of luck here and there. 8 out of 12 non-playoff teams right now can move into a playoff spot with a single hat trick game.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Okay gosh. I didn't move a bit or actually went down, lol.

Not my year. I won't be playing anymore until next season. You can do whatever you need with my place on your spreadsheet.. leave me or delete, whatever is easier..

Go ladies, please win!

Thanks jonesey......

You're only 3 points out of a playoff spot..

:huh:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
:(

That makes me a sad moderator.
sad.gif

Reactions: Jonesey

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
It came to my attention that I violated the rules earlier this season so I've withdrawn. It did not lead to any advantage and was completely inadvertent. None the less I'm out.

Here's what happened.

FF posted a pick after puck drop for a game and I did not honor the pick as the rules state all picks must be made before puck drop.

It would be unfair if I allowed that pick to stand and other posters may have not made late picks before because they followed the rule.

This is for fun. No need to get upset.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Not upset at all, and I was referring to something completely different. That late choice had nothing to do with my decision and you were 100% correct to disallow that late entry.

If 1 person did not make the playoffs and I knew that I messed up I would have felt horrible.

"Pick can only be changed if original pick is scratched. Replacement must be made in a separate post."

Earlier in the season I changed my pick before puck drop for a player who was not scratched. On a couple of occasions. It was my first year in the NPPG and I glossed over that rule.

Thanks for all you do Jonesey, we are good. I would have done the same thing if we were playing for $1,000,000 or 1,000,000 grains of salt.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Not upset at all, and I was referring to something completely different. That late choice had nothing to do with my decision and you were 100% correct to disallow that late entry.

If 1 person did not make the playoffs and I knew that I messed up I would have felt horrible.

"Pick can only be changed if original pick is scratched. Replacement must be made in a separate post."

Earlier in the season I changed my pick before puck drop for a player who was not scratched. On a couple of occasions. It was my first year in the NPPG and I glossed over that rule.

Thanks for all you do Jonesey, we are good. I would have done the same thing if we were playing for $1,000,000 or 1,000,000 grains of salt.
Honorable.
My friend can't quite figure out my passion for this game because you don't "win" anything. Just adds to the mystery.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee

Wow, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize it was something else. I feel like a big jerk now. :(

Honestly I don't think I've penalized anyone for changing picks before the puck was dropped.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

If you remember the games that you did this just tell jonsey to subtract any points for those games and keep going. I'm not the judge/jury by any means but that would be fair by anyone's standards... unlike previous years your pick didnt deprive anyone else of a choice, so just take a zero on those games and you're good, I would think. Unless you switched to a hatty player it couldn't be more than 5 or 6 points

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
If you remember the games that you did this just tell jonsey to subtract any points for those games and keep going. I'm not the judge/jury by any means but that would be fair by anyone's standards... unlike previous years your pick didnt deprive anyone else of a choice, so just take a zero on those games and you're good, I would think. Unless you switched to a hatty player it couldn't be more than 5 or 6 points

I was trying to figure out why that was a rule to begin with and I couldn’t until you posted this.

That rule was implemented to keep people from claiming a player that they might not have been eligible to pick so someone else couldn’t pick them.

It’s an antiquated rule and I vote to abolish said rule effective immediately.

Reactions: Armourboy

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
And since time of last edit is noted by the system I'd suggest that any changes be made by edit of original post. That way Jonesey has only one post by any NPPG participant and the time of the final choice.
If it would help since the time stamp would not be in order of post for any changes maybe put an asterisk in front of a changed choice.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Or maybe if there is a system function to close a thread by time stamp, that way at puck drop the thread closes/is locked.

Given that the exact minute of puck drop varies, maybe for a scheduled 7 pm central (puck drop approx 7:08) maybe just make it 5 minutes after the broadcast begins. So for a 7 pm scheduled start the thread locks at 7:05. So if a NPPG player forgets until the game broadcast begins they still have a small window to join and no one needs to know the exact second of puck drop.

Last edited:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Heads up, I will be out of town from tomorrow until Sunday so no updates will be done until Monday unless I can somehow squeeze one in tomorrow (doubtful).

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad