Sean Avery at it again

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I think Avery is a garbage human being, but why is the driver filming? Obviously there is some lead-up to the incident that the drive didn't catch on film and probably doesn't want the public to see.
Maybe it is all a show. An act set-up by both people.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Based on the legal definition of the word crime, it absolutely is true.

crime. n. a violation of a law in which there is injury to the public or a member of the public and a term in jail or prison, and/or a fine as possible penalties.

Driving while talking on your cell phone puts everyone around you at risk, which is considered "injury to the public" and is punishable by a fine. Therefore, it's technically a crime. Same with parking beyond the meter, which leaves fewer available parking spaces for everyone else (again, "injury to the public") and is punishable by a fine.

Just because they aren't serious crimes that can result in jail time doesn't mean they aren't still technically crimes.

Now read that whole sentence. You forgot the part about a term in jail or prison.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
It’s possible. But people are allowed to film. Don’t blame the camera; blame the criminal.
I am wondering this confrontation was staged by the driver and Avery, because it is weird to randomly film people from your car while they are out for a jog.

If this is 100% legitimate though, the person filming has some issues. That is stalker-type (or even potential pedophile-type) behaviour. Maybe he films women while out for a jog or children playing in their yards, and then uses it for sexual purposes.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I am wondering this confrontation was staged by the driver and Avery, because it is weird to randomly film people from your car while they are out for a jog.

If this is 100% legitimate though, the person filming has some issues. That is stalker-type (or even potential pedophile-type) behaviour. Maybe he films women while out for a jog or children playing in their yards, and then uses it for sexual purposes.
That’s a lot of extrapolation on your part. I won’t judge, but most people wouldn’t come to that conclusion.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Keep acting like this and he'll end up shot. And justifiably so.

d97a5ffb-e096-4c58-90d5-4a76385eae1e_text.gif

Also, Avery should know by now it’s always the guy who retaliates that gets caught.

Reactions: DaveG

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I didn't even recognize him if I'm being honest. He looks completely different.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
That’s a lot of extrapolation on your part. I won’t judge, but most people wouldn’t come to that conclusion.
Who knows what happened...possibly this driver knows he's an ex NHL player/minor celeb and wants to provoke him for $$ after some sort of incident? Honestly who cares. Seems like two dickheads being dickheads to each other.

Reactions: IWantSakicAsMyGM

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

The guy filming has some issues?

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Honestly seems like that was set up.. instantly assumed that was fake when watching this.

Celebs/former celebs with their publicists do this crap all the time to get in the news
It is definitely possible.

I could see Logan Paul or Jake Paul doing this sort of stunt, and Sean Avery is in their category.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Mr Burns

LOL U MAD BRO? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 9, 2020
I miss Avery, the NHL was so much funnier with guys like him.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Who knows what happened...possibly this driver who he has some sort of beef with knows he's an ex NHL player/minor celeb and wants to provoke him? Honestly who cares. Seems like two dickheads being dickheads to each other.
Yeah. But one dickhead was a mediocre hockey player 15 years ago and now want to be famous. The thread isn’t titled “some other guy at it again”.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
You need to know that breaking the law doesn’t equal committing a crime. Seriously, man. It’s just the most basic understanding of law.
There are levels of breaking the law:
Violation- not a crime
Misdemeanor - crime
Felony - crime

The most basic definition of "crime" is literally just "breaking the law". The fact that there are 3 different categories of a crime (violation, misdemeanor, felony), with different levels of consequences for each, doesn't magically mean they aren't all still technically crimes.

Avery committed a misdemeanor. The driver committed a violation. Therefore, both committed crimes, using the most basic definition of the word.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I wasn't saying that all of those things are definitely true.

But if this video is real and not staged, then I find it a bit strange how this would be captured on film. Why would the driver have a camera or recording device all ready to go, unless perhaps this isn't the first time he has recorded people out and about?

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
The most basic definition of "crime" is literally just "breaking the law". The fact that there are 3 different categories of a crime (violation, misdemeanor, felony), with different levels of consequences for each, doesn't magically mean they aren't all still technically crimes.

Avery committed a misdemeanor. The driver committed a violation. Therefore, both committed crimes, using the most basic definition of the word.
Ffs. Violations are not crimes. Jfc. Learn that.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I wasn't saying that all of those things are definitely true.

But if this video is real and not staged, then I find it a bit strange how this would be captured on film. Why would the driver have a camera or recording device all ready to go, unless perhaps this isn't the first time he has recorded people out and about?
It’s not hard to record video. If I saw something suspect, I could be recording in less than two seconds.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad