Sean Avery at it again

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
That an assumption, if he was hit by a very slow moving car yes he could.

Simply this, the driver say him and Avery had a prior incident in the past, Avery recognized him and started something.
Avery claim he was hit by that car and started something.

It is probably some mix of those, would have to put a bet I would go for the driver version, but that is based on prejudice on who Avery is.

I agree it's probably some mix of those, and would give the driver much more of a benefit of the doubt. But, I still struggle to believe the driver is a completely innocent victim in this. Even in the video, he rolls down his window to try to insult Sean Avery, who just tried to open his car door while staring at him like a psychopath. Did he think that was going to magically make Avery go away? I stand by my comment that they are both idiots, albeit on different levels.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
What is a crime, technically, other than a violation of the law? A "traffic violation" is still a crime. Avery committing a more severe violation with stiffer consequences doesn't mean the other guy didn't also technically violate a law.
No. That’s not true at all. Crimes are misdemeanors and felonies. Violations are not considered crimes. Parking beyond the meter violates the law, but it’s a non-criminal violation. Speeding, not having your blinker on when changing lanes, etc. non-criminal violations.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Honestly seems like that was set up.. instantly assumed that was fake when watching this.

Celebs/former celebs with their publicists do this crap all the time to get in the news

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah. But Avery seems to do it too often. Also, he’s hardly a celeb.

Guys that are hardly celebs are the types that do this crap tho.. I know he is trying to become a serious actor so I honestly think this is his way of getting relevant/in the news in any way possible.

Who knows tho with this guy lol

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Guys that are hardly celebs are the types that do this crap tho.. I know he is trying to become a serious actor so I honestly think this is his way of getting relevant/in the news in any way possible.

Who knows tho with this guy lol
It could be. But I can’t imaging production companies are clamoring for the guy because he broke a mirror off of a car.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
No. That’s not true at all. Crimes are misdemeanors and felonies. Violations are not considered crimes. Parking beyond the meter violates the law, but it’s a non-criminal violation. Speeding, not having your blinker on when changing lanes, etc. non-criminal violations.

Based on the legal definition of the word crime, it absolutely is true.

crime. n. a violation of a law in which there is injury to the public or a member of the public and a term in jail or prison, and/or a fine as possible penalties.

Driving while talking on your cell phone puts everyone around you at risk, which is considered "injury to the public" and is punishable by a fine. Therefore, it's technically a crime. Same with parking beyond the meter, which leaves fewer available parking spaces for everyone else (again, "injury to the public") and is punishable by a fine.

Just because they aren't serious crimes that can result in jail time doesn't mean they aren't still technically crimes.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Based on the legal definition of the word crime, it absolutely is true.

crime. n. a violation of a law in which there is injury to the public or a member of the public and a term in jail or prison, and/or a fine as possible penalties.

Driving while talking on your cell phone puts everyone around you at risk, which is considered "injury to the public" and is punishable by a fine. Therefore, it's technically a crime. Same with parking beyond the meter, which leaves fewer available parking spaces for everyone else (again, "injury to the public") and is punishable by a fine.

Just because they aren't serious crimes that can result in jail time doesn't mean they aren't still technically crimes.
No. You are incorrect. Violations are not crimes. Violations involve breaking municipal ordinances. Crimes involve breaking federal or state law. Technically, violations are a different category than crimes.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
No. You are incorrect. Violations are not crimes. Violations involve breaking municipal ordinances. Crimes involve breaking federal or state law. Technically, violations are a different category than crimes.

If you believe the bolded is true, you must agree that the driver committed a crime in the video, because California state law makes it illegal to drive while using a cell phone.

And, technically, violations are a different category of crime than misdemeanors and felonies, but that doesn't magically make violations "not a crime". We just don't punish the lowest level of crime as harshly as more serious offenses.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
If you believe the bolded is true, you must agree that the driver committed a crime in the video, because California state law makes it illegal to drive while using a cell phone.

And, technically, violations are a different category of crime than misdemeanors and felonies, but that doesn't magically make violations "not a crime". We just don't punish the lowest level of crime as harshly as more serious offenses.
Crime is a category. Violation is a category. The both involve breaking the law. But one category is a crime. The other category involves committing a violation. If you can’t understand these basic definitions, it’s on you. I will no longer indulge your refusal to learn basic legal terms.

Reactions: Canes

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Crime is a category. Violation is a category. The both involve breaking the law. But one category is a crime. The other category involves committing a violation. If you can’t understand these basic definitions, it’s on you. I will no longer indulge your refusal to learn basic legal terms.

At the most basic level, breaking the law = crime. You don't need to indulge anything for this to be true. Arguing semantics to claim otherwise doesn't change anything. They were both filmed breaking the law (aka committing a crime).

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
At the most basic level, breaking the law = crime. You don't need to indulge anything for this to be true. Arguing semantics to claim otherwise doesn't change anything. They were both filmed breaking the law (aka committing a crime).
You need to know that breaking the law doesn’t equal committing a crime. Seriously, man. It’s just the most basic understanding of law.
There are levels of breaking the law:
Violation- not a crime
Misdemeanor - crime
Felony - crime

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
What a huge dickwad

Best part of the video is when you see Avery running to catch up in the car in the driver-side mirror, like he’s a T1000 or something. Both hilarious and scary at the same time.

he’s always been a attention-seeking queen; you’d like to figure it was probably his on-ice persona, but no—he’s just an asshole 24/7

I feel bad for his wife (and kids if he has them)...the guy is probably insufferable

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
“They guy hit me, my leg hurts”

uhh it must not hurt that bad, considering it seemed like you were running full speed at the car, with 0 limp

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
Honestly seems like that was set up.. instantly assumed that was fake when watching this.

Celebs/former celebs with their publicists do this crap all the time to get in the news
So we should award him for his creativity of exploiting social media attention instead of hating him?

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Couldn't help to notice his new set of teeth.

But Avery will continue to do psychotic acts until the day he dies. I can almost predict a big arrest within his future.

But I did read that the driver hit Avery on accident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad