Sean Avery at it again

AngryScotsman

Feb 17, 2013
Northern Ontario
The problem with videos being posted to the internet is that the person recording the interaction is only showing you what they want you to see. Media is guilty of this as well, it's all about creating a story out of something, regardless of how it makes anyone look.

You need to have an open mind, the truth to this story and any other one is likely somewhere in between what the accuser is saying and what the accused is saying.

This doesn't pass the smell test, there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye.

After seeing the video, the first question I am left asking myself is, what did I miss? Even from the beginning of the video the individual recording can be heard breathing heavily which suggests a previous interaction took place causing him to become nervous or afraid.

I'm not defending anyone here, simply suggesting there's a lot more to this and not to be making any assumptions.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The dude recording definitely did something to get that kind of reaction, it's super convenient the video starts with him recording Avery jogging behind them. Obviously something led up to that.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
“According to TMZ, the two men were involved in a confrontation in February when Azam unintentionally blocked the road for Avery, and when the driver let the former New York Ranger by he yelled, “Slow down, you fat f–k!” several times.

Azam claims Avery recognized him from this incident and that’s what led to the latest disagreement.
But in yet another video obtained by TMZ, Avery on his own claims he was hit by the man’s car earlier during an attempt to “run him over.”
“I’m on Yucca Trail (in the Hollywood Hills), somebody in a Prius just hit me,” says Avery to the camera.
“I tried to run after him to get him to stop. He tried to run me over. I don’t know where he was from. I believe he lives on this street. I guess I’ll wait to see the car. My leg’s a little hurt. I don’t need an ambulance or anything.”
Supposedly police were called to the scene.”

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
At the most basic level, breaking the law = crime. You don't need to indulge anything for this to be true. Arguing semantics to claim otherwise doesn't change anything. They were both filmed breaking the law (aka committing a crime).
You argued semantics and then when proven to be wrong you complained he's arguing semantics as if you weren't

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Crime is the act of breaking the law. A violation is a category of crime. A misdemeanor is a category of crime. A felony is a category of crime. Not all crimes are violations, but all violations are crimes.

The driver committed a violation and Avery committed a misdemeanor. They are not the same, but they are both technically crimes.

Or are you trying to pretend that crime is a category of crime, like that makes any sort of sense?
Here's when you do a quick Google search on it.

violation is an offense, other than a traffic infraction, where the maximum possible punishment is fifteen days in jail. It's important to note that a violation is not a crime, even though you can be taken into custody and held. That means you won't have a criminal record if you're only charged with a violation.

Here when you look at California specifically

"California justice system. Infractions are violations of the law. But they are not considered to be crimes, as opposed to misdemeanors and felonies, which are crimes. Courts cannot impose jail time for an infraction"

You're trying to argue a semantics technicality...but the technicality is that it's not a crime so you're wrong

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Breaking the parking code does don’t make someone a criminal. It makes them a violator of a parking code. Your Google search does not equal my law degree. Violations are not crimes. That’s why they’re called violations rather than crimes.
The funny thing is Google searching instantly would tell him he's wrong. His ego is the only thing keeping him arguing something he's clearly ignorant about

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
People literally kept telling you it's not a crime by legal definition and you blindly argued it was. You were wrong.

Wow, such a great addition to the thread. Out of curiosity, should we also nitpick all the people who call this "filming", despite there being no actual film in the digital video recording device he's using, so you can come in the next day and point out how wrong they are?

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Honestly, I want someone to put the Jaws music in when he's running after the car.

That man was fearing when he saw Sean in the rearview. You can hear it in his breathing.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The dude recording definitely did something to get that kind of reaction, it's super convenient the video starts with him recording Avery jogging behind them. Obviously something led up to that.
Of course either that or the guy just randomly films with his cell phone while driving.

There was clearly some kind of argument just before then. Avery followed the guy. When the driver wouldn't get out of his car to confront him, Avery loses his cool and knocks off the mirror. Avery is clearly pissed off, even though he has a fake smile on.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I wasn't saying that all of those things are definitely true.

But if this video is real and not staged, then I find it a bit strange how this would be captured on film. Why would the driver have a camera or recording device all ready to go, unless perhaps this isn't the first time he has recorded people out and about?
You have some weird takes.

You can clearly hear that he's out of breath. Meaning he has been running or got into an altercation before filming. Then he picked up his phone and started filming because he knew Avery is a mad man.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
What led up to this?

Seems like a creepy MOFO. Reminds me of Christian Bale's character in American Psycho.
Sean 'Ontarian Psycho' Avery.jpg

that's obsessed with aging.
Misplaced modifier.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Avery is so f***ing ugly. Has he done some plastic surgery? He looks so weird. Also how come he didn't take photos/film the car when he was in front of it, if it really hit him?

In his video he claims he got hit by a car and almost got run over lmao. "I dunno what to do..." ehm, bs!

Who smiles like that after almost getting so called killed by a car?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Avery is militant about bike lanes and driving infractions. Part of me appreciates it because people really are needlessly dangerous towards bikers, but I also think Avery has a bit of a death wish. Or like, try being nice about it. He’s got a screw loose for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad