Sean Avery at it again

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Maybe Avery was chasing him for a while?
That is possible.

It will be interesting to see if charges are pressed. Because if Avery was chasing him for awhile, then that would be criminal on his part. You aren't allowed to follow someone around in an intimidating manner like that.

So I wonder if the guy will press charges. Or if he doesn't want to, for fear of Avery burning his house down or something.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
It’s not hard to record video. If I saw something suspect, I could be recording in less than two seconds.
It’s not even an app on the phone. It’s a function of the phone. Not only that, but it’s annoying. If I swipe the wrong way, I’m recording video. I don’t even have to want to record video before it happens. So stop with with the bullshit about having to set up a recording studio before recording stuff.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
You guys are really something if you're just blaming Avery here, as much of an ass he's always been. Obviously a prior incident provoked by the driver before this to rile Avery up like that.

The point is how cringy and immature Avery is acting. The context doesn't really matter since acting like a 12 year old school yard bully isn't the proper response to anything. I've been in plenty of confrontations before and we either yell it out or throw down. Giggling, running in front of moving vehicles, and slapping car mirrors isn't a proper response for anything from a grown man.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
It’s not hard to record video. If I saw something suspect, I could be recording in less than two seconds.

It’s not even an app on the phone. It’s a function of the phone. Not only that, but it’s annoying. If I swipe the wrong way, I’m recording video. I don’t even have to want to record video before it happens. So stop with with the bullshit about having to set up a recording studio before recording stuff.

No need to get aggressive with the "So stop with with the bullshit" type talk.

I was simply saying it is odd that this guy had a recording device all ready to go. It really seems odd.

The fact is that 9 out of 10 people wouldn't be like you and be able to "be recording in less than two seconds".

If this was a real confrontation and not staged, then most people would be in too much shock to start recording anything in two seconds.

If someone that you have reason to believe is crazy (and the driver would have reason to believe this, considering they supposedly had an earlier encounter) is following you, then reaching for your recording device in less than two seconds wouldn't be the first thing many people would do.

The first thing would have been to attempt to drive away quickly, not slow down so the other person could catch up to you.

"Fight or flight" in times of danger or stress. The driver clearly didn't "flight", if he had the mental mindset and composure to reach for his recording device.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place

I was simply saying it is odd that this guy had a recording device all ready to go. It really seems odd.

The fact is that 9 out of 10 people wouldn't be like you and be able to "be recording in less than two seconds".

If this was a real confrontation and not staged, then most people would be in too much shock to start recording anything in two seconds.

If someone that you have reason to believe is crazy (and the driver would have reason to believe this, considering they supposedly had an earlier encounter) is following you, then reaching for your recording device in less than two seconds wouldn't be the first thing many people would do.

The first thing would have been to attempt to drive away quickly, not slow down so the other person could catch up to you.

"Fight or flight" in times of danger or stress. The driver clearly didn't "flight", if he has the mental mindset and composure to reach for his recording device.
I don’t know, man. You also assumed it was for pedophiliac purposes. Hopefully, fewer than 9/10 would reach that conclusion.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Ffs. Violations are not crimes. Jfc. Learn that.

Just because a violation (aka a petty crime) doesn't result in a criminal record doesn't mean it isn't still technically a "crime", by all standard and legal definitions of the word. And, driving while using a cell phone is an infraction/violation/petty crime in California. Therefore, the driver is also breaking the law/committing a crime.

Other examples of petty crime would be parking violations, speeding, littering, etc. None of them give you a criminal record, but they are still technically crimes.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Just because a violation (aka a petty crime) doesn't result in a criminal record doesn't mean it isn't still technically a "crime", by all standard and legal definitions of the word. And, driving while using a cell phone is an infraction/violation/petty crime in California. Therefore, the driver is also breaking the law/committing a crime.

Other examples of petty crime would be parking violations, speeding, littering, etc. None of them give you a criminal record, but they are still technically crimes.
Crime is a category. Violation is also a category. They are not the same.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place

Learn the legal definitions. You are wrong.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place

Not crimes. Just violations.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

"Fight or flight" in times of danger or stress. The driver clearly didn't "flight", if he had the mental mindset and composure to reach for his recording device.

I don't have any questions about him having his cell phone available to start recording (I throw mine in my cup holder while driving, in case I want to change Pandora stations). And there are a ton of people who reach for their phone to record whenever anything happens.

My question is, why did he purposefully choose to start recording Avery in his mirror? We don't know if Avery saw him and went crazy, or if the guy rolled down the window and said something to Avery, or what exactly happened. So, I have doubts that video of the 2-3 minutes prior to what this video starts would make either one of them look like an angel.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
While Avery always has been and always will be a f***ing weirdo of galactic proportions, there's probably more to this than what's shown.

My thought? This guy is paparazzi, or some level there of. Or maybe he's a fan who chases around celeb players looking for autographs and the like. Either or, maybe he pissed in Avery's cereal and Avery decided to f*** with the guy.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Crime is a category. Violation is also a category. They are not the same.

Crime is the act of breaking the law. A violation is a category of crime. A misdemeanor is a category of crime. A felony is a category of crime. Not all crimes are violations, but all violations are crimes.

The driver committed a violation and Avery committed a misdemeanor. They are not the same, but they are both technically crimes.

Or are you trying to pretend that crime is a category of crime, like that makes any sort of sense?

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Breaking someone's mirror? Oh no. What a "psycho"! Lock him up!!!! Won't somebody think of the children!!!

If the bar of being a literal psychopath is Sean Avery's immature antics then just let the world end. The puritans have taken over.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
The guy in the car probably did some garbage thing before that got Avery riled up and he responded with trashing his side mirror.

Don't really care, happens every day.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't have any questions about him having his cell phone available to start recording (I throw mine in my cup holder while driving, in case I want to change Pandora stations). And there are a ton of people who reach for their phone to record whenever anything happens.

My question is, why did he purposefully choose to start recording Avery in his mirror? We don't know if Avery saw him and went crazy, or if the guy rolled down the window and said something to Avery, or what exactly happened. So, I have doubts that video of the 2-3 minutes prior to what this video starts would make either one of them look like an angel.
I think Avery said that the driver had initially hit him while Avery was jogging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->