Sean Avery at it again

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Avery just wanted to inform him how underrated Huey Lewis was

I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
gotta love how all there is to avery's story is "he hit me and tried to run me over" yeah because you stood in front of his car after opening his door.. you should consider yourself lucky he didn't just floor it and turn you into a pile of mush..

obviously something happened beforehand but you absolutely cannot just walk up to someone's car and open the door

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
The guy is recording before anything happens. They clearly had some sort of altercation before this. Not defending Avery, he's a clown.

You mean it's not completely normal to just randomly record someone jogging in your rear view mirror while trying to calm your breathing?

According to the article -

In another video obtained by TMZ, Avery claims he was the victim in the situation, saying he was hit by the car earlier and the man attempted to “run him over,” though there is no evidence of that in the previous video.

Also not defending Avery, but it seems like there are 2 idiots in this video, not just him.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
You mean it's not completely normal to just randomly record someone jogging in your rear view mirror while trying to calm your breathing?

Also not defending Avery, but it seems like there are 2 idiots in this video, not just him.
Avery was the only one filmed committing a crime in the video.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
He thought the driver was Brodeur.

It was an enterprise rent-a-car.

zFmLlIKpt8Jx0K56qkGvQGUKZzHM9IxhUoIZ29lYUWQ.jpg

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

The only moron here is Avery.

If he was hit by the car, he wouldn't be able to casually run up to the car, let alone spend time taunting the guy, run the opposite direction, get goaded into running back and to the front of the car, all with a big, creepy smile on his face.

Their was a prior incident between the two and of course it involved Avery being a douchebag. The driver probably saw him and took out his phone to get video evidence incase another incident happened.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
The guy should have just got out of his car and decked Avery straight in the face... please, just do us all a favor.

But why was he filming? I'd be pissed if someone was filming me without permission unless it was a buddy playing a prank. There's more to the story here...
Everyone in the world has a camera in their pocket. When someone starts doing crazy shit to you, like chasing after your car, you should film it. Obviously, there was a "prior incident" but only an idiot chases after a guy in his car.

Avery's the kind of guy who thinks he can get away with this sort of thing, until he tests the wrong guy and loses all those beautiful pearly whites of his his. Personally, it can't happen soon enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Avery was the only one filmed committing a crime in the video.

That's not technically true. Using a cell phone while driving is against the law in California.

It also doesn't explain why the guy started filming Avery in his mirror in the first place, while sounding like he's trying to calm his breathing. Something obviously happened before the video starts. It won't excuse Avery for being Avery, but I somehow doubt it would make the driver look good either.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011

If he was hit by the car, he wouldn't be able to casually run up to the car, let alone spend time taunting the guy, run the opposite direction, get goaded into running back and to the front of the car, all with a big, creepy smile on his face.

Their was a prior incident between the two and of course it involved Avery being a douchebag. The driver probably saw him and took out his phone to get video evidence incase another incident happened.

That an assumption, if he was hit by a very slow moving car yes he could.

It also doesn't explain why the guy started filming Avery in his mirror in the first place, while sounding like he's trying to calm his breathing. Something obviously happened before the video starts. It won't excuse Avery for being Avery, but I somehow doubt it would make the driver look good either.

Simply this, the driver say him and Avery had a prior incident in the past, Avery recognized him and started something.
Avery claim he was hit by that car and started something.

It is probably some mix of those, would have to put a bet I would go for the driver version, but that is based on prejudice on who Avery is.

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
The article got it pretty good. “Inner American Psycho” and here we got a glitch of the “Inner Avery”.

Reactions: Jango Fett

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
That's not technically true. Using a cell phone while driving is against the law in California.

Using a phone while driving is not a crime. It’s a traffic violation. Technically. Avery was filmed committing misdemeanor destruction of property. Punishable by up to one year in jail. Avery could have been bothering the driver for a couple of minutes. It takes about two seconds to pick up a phone and start recording.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

I don't believe Avery's account any more than I believe that this video shows the whole story. Avery is obviously still Avery and doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt, but I don't see anything suggesting the driver is a completely innocent victim here. Avery being the much bigger idiot doesn't automatically make the other guy not an idiot.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
But why was he filming? I'd be pissed if someone was filming me without permission unless it was a buddy playing a prank. There's more to the story here...
Yeah - I’m all for hating on Avery but there’s nothing here. The guy goes out of his way to taunt him, bumps him with his car and Avery flips his side mirror (nothings broken) the video makes it to TMZ for a little $.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Using a phone while driving is not a crime. It’s a traffic violation. Technically. Avery was filmed committing misdemeanor destruction of property. Punishable by up to one year in jail. Avery could have been bothering the driver for a couple of minutes. It takes about two seconds to pick up a phone and start recording.

What is a crime, technically, other than a violation of the law? A "traffic violation" is still a crime. Avery committing a more severe violation with stiffer consequences doesn't mean the other guy didn't also technically violate a law.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00