GDT: SEA @ BUF 7pm EST TV: MSG Radio: WGR - Lock up the Kraken

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The effort and physicality lasted for 15 minutes. Then it became work and they gave up on it. few exceptions. They don’t play as a team. Don’t think they know how.
Girgenesen was trying to take the body in the Seattle zone to support the forecheck. Except he's too slow and can't take the correct angles and would bounce off while the Seattle defender continued to move the puck.

That kind of effort was there but they really don't have the speed AND the size to play that kind of game.

Blame the guy wh put this roster together. It's his fault... his vision... that they can't execute because EVERYONE is on to them.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
But, but Hakstol is a beet farmer. And Granato is great with our kids because "the program", and he moved Tage to center!!!

Coaching certainly isn't the entire issue with this pathetically underperforming, maddeningly inconsistent team, but it is a significant factor. And it's where you start when it continues to go wrong.

Please don't wait until the summer.
They extended Donnie. We are up the creek w/o a paddle.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Saying that Quinn's ability to lose his defender and move into the slot with the puck will pot him a butt ton of goals over his career. Peterka is a modern day Geoff Sanderson, skate fast down the wing and take the low probability shot at the top of the circle
I think both can grow their game. Not convinced it's gonna happen with this organization.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Sounds like Krebs about a season and a half ago.
I really thought we had something with Krebs when he started here. Those demented passes were often quite creative, but there's not much point if they just confuse your teammates. Clean that up, pick your spots better, and all will be well.

I still think there's a salvageable, useful player there, but we'll never know with this coaching staff.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Girgenesen was trying to take the body in the Seattle zone to support the forecheck. Except he's too slow and can't take the correct angles and would bounce off while the Seattle defender continued to move the puck.

That kind of effort was there but they really don't have the speed AND the size to play that kind of game.

Blame the guy wh put this roster together. It's his fault... his vision... that they can't execute because EVERYONE is on to them.
Oh I do believe me….but the jump they started with evaporated when they went down 2-1. Back to stretch passes, extra passes in the o zone. And reaching as a substitute for an extra stride into the man or lane. It was work and no onemwanted to do it

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I really thought we had something with Krebs when he started here. Those demented passes were often quite creative, but there's not much point if they just confuse your teammates. Clean that up, pick your spots better, and all will be well.

I still think there's a salvageable, useful player there, but we'll never know with this coaching staff.
I think he needed to go down to the AHL and stay there until he earned a real call up. It's too late for that now as he's no longer waiver exempt as of about a month ago.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
They extended Donnie. We are up the creek w/o a paddle.
A good GM swallows his pride, admits his mistakes, corrects them, and learns from them to improve. It's a universal maxim for any manager.

Two questions apply:

1. Is Adams that sort of GM?
2. Is our actual GM yacht-bound in Florida?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Oh I do believe me….but the jump they started with evaporated when they went down 2-1. Back to stretch passes, extra passes in the o zone. And reaching as a substitute for an extra stride into the man or lane. It was work and no onemwanted to do it
Any of us who have played the game know when we are out classed or out talented. The really dedicated ones - the real professionals - dig down as deep as possible and say I'm not going to let them beat me personally. I'm too proud to let that happen. Kiss my ass!

The majority simply surrender and say, let's just turn the page and get to the next game.......

The latter is the real ramification of a lack of real leadership.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
A good GM swallows his pride, admits his mistakes, corrects them, and learns from them to improve. It's a universal maxim for any manager.

Two questions apply:

Saint Barts I think…that’s where the cool kids yacht

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Two questions apply:

Until convinced otherwise, Adams is Pegula's butler just as Gretzky was portrayed (in cartoons) as Pocklingtons......

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas

Two questions apply:

1. No
2. There will be no action taken while our only decision maker is focused on his favorite toy's playoff run continues.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Our power play is beyond pathetic. Seems like they should be able to figure out a way to enter the zone 5 on 4
I keep thinking try a jam play from down low, or a pass from down low to the bumper and another quick pass to the open weak side winger.

Pass goes down low to Tuch. He immediately steps outside to pass to Tage.

I just don't get it.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Ha! You didn't fool me this time Sabres. Saw a 1-0 score in the first but went to do something else anyways and had a delightful little evening playing video games instead.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I chuckled when Seattle made heir choices on entry to the NHL--but they had hockey guys who knew the type of player they wanted in the schemes they wanted to play....

Reactions: Tatanka

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
They've become one of the most hapless and hopeless franchises in the entire league. This is like if the Bills somehow went 4-12 every year during the entire drought except for 2004.

I'm not sure what they can possibly do to get out of it considering the rot starts from the top down with Pegula, and he's given zero f***s about the Sabres for years.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Any of us who have played the game know when we are out classed or out talented. The really dedicated ones - the real professionals - dig down as deep as possible and say I'm not going to let them beat me personally. I'm too proud to let that happen. Kiss my ass!

The majority simply surrender and say, let's just turn the page and get to the next game.......

The latter is the real ramification of a lack of real leadership.

I rarely listen to the Peters/Rivet show, but last month I listened to one—I think it was with Derek Roy on. They were telling Ruff stories, one of which was about being on a plane home after a loss and a few guys were playing cards in the back. He goes down and chews them out and yells at them to watch their game tape. A good deal of the show was about the culture around being complacent with losing and had a few more stories. Stories about how you weren’t even allowed to be happy around the locker room if you were coming off a loss.

Do we think the current team’s culture has anything remotely akin to that? Or is it just post game lip service every time and no actual behavioral response?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad