GDT: SEA @ BUF 7pm EST TV: MSG Radio: WGR - Lock up the Kraken

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I expect @Chainshot 's give-a-shit-meter is pegged at zero after games like this. No worries. We can bitch in here.

I originally only did GBU's after really fun games or really frustrating ones and that goes back to the season following the Hasek Cup run. But the team isn't worth the time (my time or anyone else's IMO) to try to harp on the same things again. I took the 2nd Krueger season off after a few games and this is pretty similar to that (although not going through the unraveling of personal life now) in how I just don't like these guys. They were on the verge of something and watching the obstinance with which the brain trust associated with the team is clinging to their plan with no adjustment... we were here with Phil and Botts. I feel like this is a time loop and just not worth the effort.

Deleted member 346512

This franchise isn't going anywhere. Not now and not in 20 years unless something fundamental changes. I've slowly lost hope and I'm tired of hearing the same excuses. The people in charge at this club don't want any change, they are content to be a nice little family where everyone gets along well with each other. I sincerely hope that this clown Adams has to go at the end of the season, his inactivity can no longer be tolerated

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I originally only did GBU's after really fun games or really frustrating ones and that goes back to the season following the Hasek Cup run. But the team isn't worth the time (my time or anyone else's IMO) to try to harp on the same things again. I took the 2nd Krueger season off after a few games and this is pretty similar to that (although not going through the unraveling of personal life now) in how I just don't like these guys. They were on the verge of something and watching the obstinance with which the brain trust associated with the team is clinging to their plan with no adjustment... we were here with Phil and Botts. I feel like this is a time loop and just not worth the effort.
We can probably just recycle old gbu-threads.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
It really really sucks. Because last year’s group which is near identical was so likable.

Reactions: Ehran and Chainshot

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Why didn't Snowballs pull Levi after the 5th goal?

Not laying this on the kid, but this is a message to the team and there was still about 25 minutes left in the game. That could have been the kick in the pants to get them going.

Insert Ned Flanders meme... Donny has tried nothing and he's all out of ideas.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
They had to lose one so they can convince us the two-game win streak was not a fluke and they can do it again.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I rarely listen to the Peters/Rivet show, but last month I listened to one—I think it was with Derek Roy on. They were telling Ruff stories, one of which was about being on a plane home after a loss and a few guys were playing cards in the back. He goes down and chews them out and yells at them to watch their game tape. A good deal of the show was about the culture around being complacent with losing and had a few more stories. Stories about how you weren’t even allowed to be happy around the locker room if you were coming off a loss.

Do we think the current team’s culture has anything remotely akin to that? Or is it just post game lip service every time and no actual behavioral response?
the latter....... its frickin obvious....... it's Sabre day care. Everyone needs a blankee

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Or so, you know, they fire Donny.

And by the way, I have no sympathy for Granato. I don't feel bad for anyone that has a golden parachute. He'll make $4m this year and next, which if managed wisely, is enough for the rest of his life.
Managed wisely?

Even if he only nets half of that $8M after agent fees and taxes, that's $200K per year in a MMF earning 5%. No brains required.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
It's night and day watching this team skate vs the Kraken and comparing it to the boston/av's game I watched right before. They are so slow skating around the rink and their decision time on passing and shooting is just leagues below the top teams pacing. It really is like watching a game at half speed when you have something to compare it to.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
It's night and day watching this team skate vs the Kraken and comparing it to the boston/av's game I watched right before. They are so slow skating around the rink and their decision time on passing and shooting is just leagues below the top teams pacing. It really is like watching a game at half speed when you have something to compare it to.
That's because what they are being told to do isn't available.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The fans not chanting "Fire Donny" was very telling. In most other markets if a team playing like shit cried about fans calling for the coach to be fired and then stunk the joint out at home that's the first thing they would chant. Our fanbase is dead and nobody cares. We only survive (and I use that term loosely) as a Brooklyn Nets of hockey: People only show up to see an NHL game and don't have any particular investment in the outcome or root for the opposing team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00