GDT: SEA @ BUF 7pm EST TV: MSG Radio: WGR - Lock up the Kraken

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah I don't really get it. I'm sure there are moments when this is true during games, but when there's players like Thompson and Dahlin making really dumb mistakes while trying to make overly ambitious plays, what Granato is saying just doesn't add up.

Exactly. I don't see fear, I see people trying to be too aggressive and not playing smart.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Yeah I don't really get it. I'm sure there are moments when this is true during games, but when there's players like Thompson and Dahlin making really dumb mistakes while trying to make overly ambitious plays, what Granato is saying just doesn't add up.

Exactly. I don't see fear, I see people trying to be too aggressive and not playing smart.

I see a system not working and players giving up on it.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The fans not chanting "Fire Donny" was very telling. In most other markets if a team playing like shit cried about fans calling for the coach to be fired and then stunk the joint out at home that's the first thing they would chant. Our fanbase is dead and nobody cares. We only survive (and I use that term loosely) as a Brooklyn Nets of hockey: People only show up to see an NHL game and don't have any particular investment in the outcome or root for the opposing team.
I can almost guarantee you that for the casual Sabres fan, they have completely tuned out of hockey and even if the Sabres ever get good, I don't know how they bring fans back. Missing the playoffs for 13 straight years is an entire generation of kids who have never seen the Sabres win. You don't cheer for losing teams when picking a team.

Kids being drafted next year and the year after will have been around 5/6 years old when the Sabres last made the playoffs as a bubble team.

The players to pass the torch and teach the drafted kids what it means to be a Sabre are long gone and retired years ago.

Sabres are at a point where the players will have to remake history for this franchise to have any relevance going forward to any future player or fan.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I hear Corey Perry has been cleared to play in the league again :naughty::laugh:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I see a system not working and players giving up on it.

I don't think the players gave up, I think Don did, and tried to go back to what got us a half way (offense) functional team last year. But that's not working either now. This team needs a real coach so badly. Seems like we haven't had one since Lindy.

Reactions: sabremike

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I don't think the players gave up, I think Don did, and tried to go back to what got us a half way (offense) functional team last year. But that's not working either now. This team needs a real coach so badly. Seems like we haven't had one since Lindy.
Giving up on the system not the game. Then you see these attempts at high-skill, low probability plays that look like they are trying to do too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad