Feb 3, 2015
5-2 loss to the Kraken? Deja Vu?
1704853834597.png

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Now THAT's what having a defensive system looks like.......

Layered so as to force you to shoot from outside the perimeter. And if you penetrate, the goalie has the angle covered.

Outstanding puck recovery in their own zone and masterful outlet passing.

Seattle's coaching and systems are head and shoulders above Buffalo's.

Sabres worked their butts off ... esp. Dahlin..... but found them
selves having to constantly fight through 3 and 4 defenders.

New coaching is necessary. This team (and it's coach) just got schooled.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
He has the hockey IQ of a garden gnome. He ismright where he should be.
He has a solid IQ, when in an offensive role for more than 3 shifts. He sees the ice well and like most young prospects tries to do to much. His role now is to go out, forecheck, throw the puck at the net and get back. That isn't his game, he is basically what Benson will look like if they don't figure shit out soon.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Outshot them. Undone by a half dozen brutal mistakes. Shameful to waste a rare good start to a game like that.
It was a defensive clinic put on by the Kraken. Everyone doing their job after they found their legs.

The Sabres opportunities really raised no expectation in me that they would score.... Shots were meaningless.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
They played pretty well in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Post Game Meatball Drinks
Pace
Emotion
As a 5 man unit
Owe it to the fans
Defensively responsible (take 2 drinks)
Our own building
...aaand go!!!!

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Kraken gave us the offensive zone the entire 3rd period, and I think we had like 1 high danger chance (Peterka, which might have been off the rush anyway, I was only half watching). Really pathetic showing.

In general it was a pretty poor effort.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
He has a solid IQ, when in an offensive role for more than 3 shifts. He sees the ice well and like most young prospects tries to do to much. His role now is to go out, forecheck, throw the puck at the net and get back. That isn't his game, he is basically what Benson will look like if they don't figure shit out soon.
No he doesn’t. He sees nothing on the ice but the impossible pass. His game was energy against younger and physically immature juniors. It doesn’t work at this level and he doesn’t have the skill to be productive with better players. He is only on the roster because he is part of the return from the trade.

Reactions: HOOats

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Of all the adjustments to make after the Pitt game, swapping Mitts and Thompson might be the dumbest.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
They played pretty well in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Post Game Meatball Drinks
Pace
Emotion
As a 5 man unit
Owe it to the fans
Defensively responsible (take 2 drinks)
Our own building
...aaand go!!!!
They should just record Granatos post game comments and just play them on repeat.

Nothing every changes.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Kraken gave us the offensive zone the entire 3rd period, and I think we had like 1 high danger chance (Peterka, which might have been off the rush anyway, I was only half watching). Really pathetic showing.

In general it was a pretty poor effort.
The effort ... the DESIRE ... was there. But these guys have no idea how to beat a layered defensive system that EVERYONE hustles and contends for pucks in.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
The effort ... the DESIRE ... was there. But these guys have no idea how to beat a layered defensive system that EVERYONE hustles and contends for pucks in.
The effort and physicality lasted for 15 minutes. Then it became work and they gave up on it. few exceptions. They don’t play as a team. Don’t think they know how.

Reactions: DapperCam and Ehran

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
No he doesn’t. He sees nothing on the ice but the impossible pass. His game was energy against younger and physically immature juniors. It doesn’t work at this level and he doesn’t have the skill to be productive with better players. He is only on the roster because he is part of the return from the trade.
Well agree to disagree, as his game was skill and vision in juniors and his energy provided a defensive facade that we keep trying to replicate for some odd reason. I'm in the boat to trade him for something before they absolutely destroy his career

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Benson is our tasmanian devil. His heart is there. His effort is there. Everyone loves the intensity and how he goes all out. (Including myself)

It's just lacking hockey direction.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Now THAT's what having a defensive system looks like.......

Layered so as to force you to shoot from outside the perimeter. And if you penetrate, the goalie has the angle covered.

Outstanding puck recovery in their own zone and masterful outlet passing.

Seattle's coaching and systems are head and shoulders above Buffalo's.

Sabres worked their butts off ... esp. Dahlin..... but found them
selves having to constantly fight through 3 and 4 defenders.

New coaching is necessary. This team (and it's coach) just got schooled.
But, but Hakstol is a beet farmer. And Granato is great with our kids because "the program", and he moved Tage to center!!!

Coaching certainly isn't the entire issue with this pathetically underperforming, maddeningly inconsistent team, but it is a significant factor. And it's where you start when it continues to go wrong.

Please don't wait until the summer.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Well agree to disagree, as his game was skill and vision in juniors and his energy provided a defensive facade that we keep trying to replicate for some odd reason. I'm in the boat to trade him for something before they absolutely destroy his career
I wanted to flip him before he ever got to town. But I think his value is Jost like at this point

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
The effort and physicality lasted for 15 minutes. Then it became work and they gave up on it. few exceptions. They don’t play as a team. Don’t think they know how.
100% they were buzzing and Seattle basically said, we have the lead and we are going to slow this game down and there isn't anything your going to do about it and they mentally crumbled.

Benson is our tasmanian devil. His heart is there. His effort is there. Everyone loves the intensity and how he goes all out. (Including myself)

It's just lacking hockey direction.
Sound like someone 😟

Reactions: Tatanka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad