GDT: SCSF Game 5: Montreal Canadiens Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 6:00PM PT | Win Please...

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Easier said than done. 1C's pretty much never move. Eichel will but with the Ducks rumored to be offering 3rd OVR+ Comtois/Gibson there's no way Vegas can compete with that.

Regardless there has to be a drastic shakeup to the forward group. They've got to get more guys willing to take punishment and go to the dirty areas. A guy like Matt Tkachuk would be a dream, but I doubt there's any chance they move him in the division.

If Calgary moves him, they'd want Tuch as a starting point. I'd probably make that deal.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Easier said than done. 1C's pretty much never move. Eichel will but with the Ducks rumored to be offering 3rd OVR+ Comtois/Gibson there's no way Vegas can compete with that.

Regardless there has to be a drastic shakeup to the forward group. They've got to get more guys willing to take punishment and go to the dirty areas. A guy like Matt Tkachuk would be a dream, but I doubt there's any chance they move him in the division.

Maybe not - Calgary is on the downswing and might move him as they rebuild.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If Calgary moves him, they'd want Tuch as a starting point. I'd probably make that deal.

I would too, but I doubt they would. I think they'd ask Tuch + Krebs which would be a no for me. At this point Krebs would be one of my untouchables/unmovables along with Stone/Petro/Whitecloud. Literally anyone else I'd be willing to move for the right price.

Like say Buffalo maybe wants help now rather than in the future? Offer up the whole Misfit line for Eichel.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Tkachuk a bit overrated. And plays LW. Unless your moving Patches or Marchessault

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Habs fans have always been toxic when the team wins. People just seem to hate Vegas more

Its not even just Habs fans, I got called out by a Jets fan because of my avatar. I’m so tired of the smug pieces of shit that act like Canada is the only place that can like hockey or have dedicated fans. When I see shit like “don’t Vegas fans only go to the games to get drunk before going gambling?”
It just irks me because I grew up in Orange County and now live here in Vegas, and I have been a die hard fan of the game of hockey for pretty much my entire life. I had to deal with that bullshit too in youth travel hockey. When I played for the Jr. Ducks we never got taken seriously by Canadian teams even though we kicked their asses more often than not.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I would too, but I doubt they would. I think they'd ask Tuch + Krebs which would be a no for me. At this point Krebs would be one of my untouchables/unmovables along with Stone/Petro/Whitecloud. Literally anyone else I'd be willing to move for the right price.

Like say Buffalo maybe wants help now rather than in the future? Offer up the whole Misfit line for Eichel.

I saw it reported today that Eichel needs neck surgery. Buffalo is over a barrel at this point, but TBH, I would stay clear of that trade. Let someone else inherit that problem.

Reactions: Vegas07

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Glad I didn't plan my evening around this game. Turrible.

When do the Eichel rumors begin?
Don't we have enough superstars with huge contracts?? Petro is worth the money, so is Stone, Pacioretty and probably Fleury next year aren't. Misfit line is cost effective, as is Tuch. I have no interest in Eichel at his price and injury history, we'll absolutely regret trading the farm for him.

We have a good team, get some new young blood to replace the dreck - I'd not resign Janmark, Nosek only if he takes 1-1.25 million, get rid if we can of Reaves and one of the goalies if doable.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
On another note, these playoffs in general has been awful hockey. Feels like the dead puck era 2.0 is upon us.
Debeors shoot as far as humanly possible from the net strategy doesn't help at all. After last season the book on how to stop was written... Montreal are follwing that to a T right now, and we're letting them.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Debeors shoot as far as humanly possible from the net strategy doesn't help at all. After last season the book on how to stop was written... Montreal are follwing that to a T right now, and we're letting them.

I agree, but it's not just the Knights. The playoffs as a whole have been a snoozefest. The Tampa Isles series has been unwatchable...so far the only decent series were the Panthers/Tampa, & VGK/Avs. It's really been the lamest playoffs I can recall post lockout.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Don't we have enough superstars with huge contracts?? Petro is worth the money, so is Stone, Pacioretty and probably Fleury next year aren't. Misfit line is cost effective, as is Tuch. I have no interest in Eichel at his price and injury history, we'll absolutely regret trading the farm for him.

We have a good team, get some new young blood to replace the dreck - I'd not resign Janmark, Nosek only if he takes 1-1.25 million, get rid if we can of Reaves and one of the goalies if doable.

The point is we've seen what this group of forwards gets us. Stone has the NMC but then all of Pacioretty/Misfits/Tuch haven't gotten it done. If there isn't a big change they'll be bounced yet again next year when another scoring drought occurs because they once again stop going to the net.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
The point is we've seen what this group of forwards gets us. Stone has the NMC but then all of Pacioretty/Misfits/Tuch haven't gotten it done. If there isn't a big change they'll be bounced yet again next year when another scoring drought occurs because they once again stop going to the net.

Not if we can get a sniper or a better 1C, which I'd rather develop than trade for.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Oh I want nothing to do with Eichel, but I'm betting Foley does.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Its not even just Habs fans, I got called out by a Jets fan because of my avatar. I’m so tired of the smug pieces of shit that act like Canada is the only place that can like hockey or have dedicated fans. When I see shit like “don’t Vegas fans only go to the games to get drunk before going gambling?”
It just irks me because I grew up in Orange County and now live here in Vegas, and I have been a die hard fan of the game of hockey for pretty much my entire life. I had to deal with that bullshit too in youth travel hockey. When I played for the Jr. Ducks we never got taken seriously by Canadian teams even though we kicked their asses more often than not.
That is definitely frustrating what you dealt with as a kid. I had a similar experience playing soccer in a place that wasn’t as respected as others (NW Florida).

I’m a Habs fan but I’m an American. I think the Vegas Golden Knights are an awesome franchise with an electric atmosphere and a great fanbase. I’ll be sad if the Habs lose of course but if you guys win I’ll definitely root for you guys.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Man all you guys talking about trading players and all I want is to fire this idiot coach and all his loser assistants.

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
It is time to trade a forward. Unless they have a dam bursting level of offense the rest of the way.

Smith has a year left and has been bad for much of the year. His time is probably up here. We have many two way forwards, we need goals when it counts.
Smith not as effective since coaching change. I wonder if Gallant would try and coax Rangers' front office to get him back. Rangers figure to be in contention I would think with their roster and key younger players maturing.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Amazing how the misfit line wnet fromt a cycline rush line to and outside line under DeBoer.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Pretty sad that everyone's hopes and dreams rely on Chandler Stephenson and for Fleury to play at a Vezina level. When is the rest of the team stepping up and making a difference? Is Roy really the only one who is going to do it?

I'm going to post this every game. No team wins a Cup with only a handful of players making difference plays. We're lucky to still be alive, if Price doesn't let in the softy or Roy get dirty in front of the net...

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Smith not as effective since coaching change. I wonder if Gallant would try and coax Rangers' front office to get him back. Rangers figure to be in contention I would think with their roster and key younger players maturing.

That's not true. Smith was great last year. The problem is no matter where's he's been he always has a great year followed by a supbar year. It's kind of weird really, but you just can't commit long term to that kind of inconsistency.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Man all you guys talking about trading players and all I want is to fire this idiot coach and all his loser assistants.

Spott should be fired into the sun, but Deboer doesn't get this team to the final 4 twice if he's as terrible a coach as you think he is. His system clearly works until the players stop executing.

The only way I'd want Deboer gone is if he's unwilling to let Spott go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad